PDA

View Full Version : September 11, 2001

chudson
09-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Just a reminder to put your flag out tomorrow!!!

If it's already fly'n good for you!!!

Thanks!!!

ProTour X9
09-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Is my avatar in order??

Kyle's_prostar205
09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Amen chudson! Speaking for all my other brother and sisters in the Fire/EMS and POLICE community 9/11/01 will NEVER be forgotten, especially the 343 bravest FDNY men that gave the ultimate sacrifice! Thanks chudson for putting out the reminder about tomarrow! :)

Kyle

Ric
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
will do, chudson!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, let us all remember! NEVER FORGET!

Lennyp04
09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I agree Never forget the brave men and women who lost there lives on that tragic day

Leroy
09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Good reminder!

87MCProstar
09-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I agree you must never forget what those brave men and women did for their country. The only thing that I am unfortunate about is that my generation's trageic event had to be the worst ever in history. Making it even tougher to act normal on Sept. 11 for the rest of our lives.

Maristar210
09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I can still see the videos of people jumping from the building. It chokes me up every time I think about it.

I will not only never forget those who gave the ultimate price unwillingly but also the ruthless who perpetuated this movement.

I respect all those who have put them selves in harms way selflessly for the betterment and honor of the nation they love.

To those who say "stop the war" "stop the war"

Well I don't want to get banned, so I'll leave it alone. :rolleyes:

atlfootr
09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Just a reminder to put your flag out tomorrow!!!
Thanks!!!My flags out 365 days a year :cool:

shepherd
09-10-2007, 11:58 PM
If these are inappropriate, let me know and I'll remove. They help me remember and keep me generally pissed off at the people who perpetrated, enabled and celebrated it.

shepherd
09-10-2007, 11:58 PM

shepherd
09-10-2007, 11:59 PM

shepherd
09-10-2007, 11:59 PM

shepherd
09-11-2007, 12:00 AM

shepherd
09-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Obviously, some misguided youths, but the adults... :mad:

Maristar210
09-11-2007, 12:19 AM

That picture is enough to anger even the most docile liberal. You liberals need to look at this picture damn good and hard before making your end the war proclomations, shame on all of you..... Easy way out :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I __________________________________________________ ___

erkoehler
09-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Shep, thanks for posting those pics. It is very important nobody forgets that day.

stars79stripes
09-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Thank you for the powerful images.

I live near, and work in Washington, DC. Although we did not suffer the devastation NYC did, it still hurt. What will I be doing tomorrow? Flying my flag, going to work 3 blocks from The White House and mailing a care package to my friend who is currently serving in Iraq. His job is to clear IED's. He goes to work everyday.

In his "real life" he is a Deputy Fire Chief. He is a good man, and a good friend.

God Bless the USA.

Doug G
09-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Shep and Maristar have it right. Don't just fly your flag. Remember the horror of that day and how it felt, all of it. Remember never again.

Who am I to complain?

Taken from: http://www.september11news.com/FDNYFireman.htm

The Story of the Three Firefighters Who Raised the American Flag -
As Reported on September 14, 2001 by The Record (North Jersey).
2001 North Jersey Media Group Inc.

Flag raising was 'shot in the arm'

By JEANNINE CLEGG
The Record Staff Writer

World Trade Center Building Seven was about to collapse on Tuesday.

Firefighters from Engine 255 and Ladder 157 in Brooklyn had been digging in the rubble for survivors for
six grueling hours, when they got the call to immediately evacuate.

Firefighter Dan McWilliams from Ladder 157 headed out with the rest of his crew. It was then that the
35-year-old firefighter spotted a flag flying from a yacht docked behind the World Financial Center. He made
his way to the boat, rolled the flag up around its pole to be sure it didn't touch the ground, and carried the
pole back to the evacuation area.

As McWilliams passed his buddy and fellow 157 firefighter George Johnson, he slapped him on the shoulder.
"Gimme a hand, will ya, George?"

"I knew exactly what he was doing," Johnson, 36, said.

Then Billy Eisengrein of Rescue 2, another Brooklyn fire company, and McWilliams' childhood friend from
Staten Island, jumped in, "You need a hand?"

The three firefighters quickly found a perfect spot -- a single flagpole anchored in the rubble about 20 feet off
the ground on West Street.

They climbed a makeshift ramp so they could easily raise the flag in its new home. It was at that moment
that Record photographer Thomas E. Franklin spotted the three from a distance.

Only two days had passed since that moment. The World Trade Center death and chaos were still fresh in
the minds of McWilliams and Johnson as they sat in the noisy kitchen in the Flatbush firehouse recalling how
the three firefighter friends -- Johnson from Rockaway Beach, McWilliams from Long Island, and Eisengrein
from Staten Island -- acted as one.

"A big part of this is maintaining the unity of the whole team," McWilliams said.

His eyes filled with tears as he remembered the hellish day New York's firefighters experienced right after
the Twin Towers' collapse, and their lack of progress in finding survivors.

"Everybody just needed a shot in the arm," he said, pausing to regain his composure.

The photo was the shot seen round the world. It has run on many American newspaper front pages, including
the New York Post, the Baltimore Sun, and Providence Journal, and has been shown on network television.

McWilliams and Johnson said they didn't raise the flag to solicit personal attention. They didn't expect to get
any phone calls or comments from friends and family. They were unaware they were being photographed. It
was a spur-of-the-moment decision that started with McWilliams.

Though few firefighters remained in the evacuation area at that moment, Johnson said he recalls hearing
comments after the flag went up.

"A few guys yelled out 'good job' and 'way to go.' "

And although he hadn't given the hoisting much thought, McWilliams remembered, "Every pair of eyes that
saw that flag got a little brighter."

2001 North Jersey Media Group Inc.

Doug G
09-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Table the politics... I don't know about you but that day GW helped me rembember and feel proud to be an American.

Chief
09-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Never forget, it could happen again in any state or city. May all that were lost be never forgotten. God bless the Firemen and Policemen who serve the citizens of this great nation!

Lennyp04
09-11-2007, 08:02 AM
I was just sitting down to have breakfast before school and was thinking about that Tuesday in September when the attacks happen.

I still remember exactly where and what i was doing.

I was in 5th grade at Parkway Manor Elementry School during my lituratrue/english part of the class. I can remeber gettin my text book out and turning to the page and then i remeber the computer tech lady at my elementery school coming in the door and telling my teacher what had happened. I remeber my teacher immediatly turning the television on to fox and we watched in horror of what happened. The first thing that I thought was where are my parents and where are my relatives. Later I found out that my mom was at the school when 9/11 happened and my dad was at work. The administration later told all the teachers that we werent aloud to watch any more of the news broadcasts. I took the bus home that day and remember walking in the door saying Hi to my mom and giving her a hug and an I love you, and then we both and my brother went and watched the news for the rest of the night. I dont even think we went out for dinner that night. We all sat at home and watched later as the WTC 7 came down. I can then remember President Bush coming over the TV and making a speech about how we would fight back.

Its amazing how one event can change your life for ever. I didnt lose anyone on 9/11 but my heart felt that I lost something. I know my parents always told me i would get my chance to go up to the top of the WTC and maybe thats what i was sad about. But that day our country lost so many innocent lives in all 4 of the crashes.

Never forget those who gave there lives that day, all the firefighters and police officers. All those innocent people on the planes who stories tell fought back to try to save so many people. And the people in the buildings. They were just at there normal work day. NEVER FORGET.

6ballsisall
09-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Never Forget that day. May god continue to bring comfort to those that lost family/friends that day and may god show the wrath of his anger on those that murdered so many innocent people.

6ballsisall
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20607721/

sten76
09-11-2007, 08:57 AM
The flag should be flying in front of your house every day, regardless of what might have happened in the past.

Those that have died fighting should be remembered every day, not just on one particular day. 9/11 was horrible, but the flag should be flown every single day. We shouldn't have to remind people to fly the flag.

tones03
09-11-2007, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=sten76]The flag should be flying in front of your house every day, regardless of what might have happened in the past.

Very good point, but if for what ever reason you dont fly it every day, today you should.

09-11-2007, 09:44 AM
I vivedly remember everything that day. I remember us watching the second plane hit. at that point it was clear it was no accident. The part I remember most was we were watching both towers on fire, and when the 1st tower fell, I remember the disbelief, like it wasnt even happening. We all stood in the showroom watching the TV as the tower fell, watching in disbelief & horror, everyone silent. I remember that day more strongly than I remember my highschool or college graduation, the day my grandparents died, or any other day in my life that is supposed to be memorable. The part I find very sad about it was, the unity we felt as AMERICANS faded so quickly after that one day of unity. For one day in this country there were no black, white, yellow, red, brown, rich, poor, people. There were only Americans. For one day.

TMCNo1
09-11-2007, 09:53 AM
The flag flies at our house 365/24/7, it's the least I can do to remember.

09-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Table the politics... I don't know about you but that day GW helped me rembember and feel proud to be an American.
I agree Doug. Politics were not the issue then. Whether your a GW fan or not, we all stood by him, we stood together as Americans. Proud. I remember the time he climbed up on top of the rubble at ground zero, it was a sad, but proud moment. He showed strength, the strength that we are made of as a nation.

Monte
09-11-2007, 10:02 AM
God Bless America

hester
09-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Got my flag out and just finished a prayer for this great nation and its people.

quincyfirefighter
09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Say a prayer for my fallen brothers and all who lost they life's and monte72 you said it. God bless America

betsy&david Harrison
09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
My Flag is flying high today :)

tex
09-11-2007, 11:25 AM
God Bless America
Well said!

jbfootin
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
My wife and I were expecting our first when 9/11 happened. I remember questioning what kind of world we are bringing a baby into.

On 9/21 my son turns 6 and I will always remember how ten days before he was born the world changed.

Never forget and God bless America!

Maristar210
09-11-2007, 12:01 PM
My wife and I were expecting our first when 9/11 happened. I remember questioning what kind of world we are bringing a baby into.

On 9/21 my son turns 6 and I will always remember how ten days before he was born the world changed.

THAT !!!!

puts it into perspective.

Well said Footin, well said....

Maristar210
09-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I took this from a USA today blog. It appears I am not the only one.

Ronald David wrote: 10h 19m ago
Even fools should comprehend that when a killer strikes; free people everywhere are threatened.

A few young men, educated, brain-washed, determined, Muslim madmen attacked and killed innocents on 9/11. These young terrorists represented not a nation, but the warped ideology of a sole madman, who was also a Muslim.

The 'unnecessary' war against terrorists in Afghanistan, Iraq, here in the USA, and all round the world must never cease.

There is never a time to end the war against such as those. The memory of our innocent dead must live on as long as it takes to destroy an ideology that is determined to destroy us.

We who value life cannot abide madmen who believe god wants them to kill us so they may attain heaven.

The 'peace-nics' of the world are disillusioned and foolish. They abuse their freedom to preach surrender. Would that any one of them might have survived the descent from the 104th floor of the trade center, or the crash of one of the hijacked airliners. Then there is no doubt they too would seek to punish the terrorists so willing to cut their throats.

We who remember our dead and injured, who are dedicated to find and kill all who oppose our freedoms, our society, our values are hero's. Freedom is not free and if not defended will be lost.

Shame on any who would ignore oppression and terrorists, who would turn the other cheek and be trampled

6ballsisall
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I agree Doug. Politics were not the issue then. Whether your a GW fan or not, we all stood by him, we stood together as Americans. Proud. I remember the time he climbed up on top of the rubble at ground zero, it was a sad, but proud moment. He showed strength, the strength that we are made of as a nation.

Thats right, strenght in a combined nation. Thats EXACTLY what the terrorists don't want. Put the politics aside and support your country. Our power in unity can't be matched by any other force on this world.

betsy&david Harrison
09-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Very strange thing happened this morning. First, I might add that the events that day hit me very hard just like many of you. I put my flag up today, then went in to donate money to my daughters school. The check #that was on top was 1911 and then when I subtracted the amount my total turned up 1911. Very odd.

Granite_33
09-11-2007, 02:22 PM

My son turns 6 in December. I had the exact same thoughts as I was sitting there watching the TV 6 years ago today.

No doubt it gave me pause to think about how things changed forever.

God Bless!!

Maristar210
09-11-2007, 02:31 PM
I have an overhead series of photos that I received in the mail today. They are quite a breathtaking view of this tragedy. Pm Me your e-mail if you want them....

Steve

Maristar210
09-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Photos sent.........

Lennyp04
09-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Well i know that 9/11 was yesterday but i logged on to myspace like all kids my age do and found a bulletin from a girl with a story about 9/11. I dont know if the story is true or not but it had a movie at the end. I watched the movie and started to cry a little its pretty upsetting. I will put the link up here. I found a version on youtube that i like more then the one on myspace and i havent watched it all the way thru because my internet is so slow. So if it is unacceptable please tell me to remove it. Really made me think about how quickly we can forget about situations like this. I know i still remember it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CIAY0KENZUc&mode=related&search=

Lennyp04
09-12-2007, 05:47 PM
The song is Heaven by DJ Sammy and there is a little girls voice...just watched it all the way thru and my view is that the girl is saying a prayer about her dad. Please watch and let me know what you think

Jim@BAWS
09-12-2007, 05:57 PM
SHEP,

Thanks for posting those photos...let us NEVER FORGET. Yesterday was my son John's 13th birthday. 9/11. His new middle school played
there first game last night. With eveyones input the school decided to PLAY BALL even though it was 9/11. Did we remember...yes we did. But we must move on. A day of rememberance YES Remember who did this to us. Let us NEVER forget.

Jim@BAWS

M-Funf
09-12-2007, 06:03 PM
The flag should be flying in front of your house every day, regardless of what might have happened in the past.

Those that have died fighting should be remembered every day, not just on one particular day. 9/11 was horrible, but the flag should be flown every single day. We shouldn't have to remind people to fly the flag.

Yup...Tru Dat.

Our flag flies every day, unless it's raining...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p40507159e23b5bbade7fa75e008bbe8f/ea94cc9f.jpg

jbfootin
09-12-2007, 06:04 PM
There are a lot of touching tributes on there. It is amazing how some of those videos and pictures take us right back there...

tones03
09-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Lenny, just got done watching, WOW is all i have to say, got me a little emotional.

Lennyp04
09-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Tones03, Yeah it was was very touching, it actaully felt like i was back there on sept 11 reliving the events. I could only imagine how hard it could be to loose some one.

Kyle's_prostar205
09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
SHEP,

Thanks for posting those photos...let us NEVER FORGET. Yesterday was my son John's 13th birthday. 9/11. His new middle school played
there first game last night. With eveyones input the school decided to PLAY BALL even though it was 9/11. Did we remember...yes we did. But we must move on. A day of rememberance YES Remember who did this to us. Let us NEVER forget.

Jim@BAWS
Well Said Jim! NEVER Forget!!

BTW Did your sons team win?

chudson
09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Bump: Just a small reminder!!!

Come get your flags......

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19174

flipper
09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
My flags out 365 days a year :cool:

same here:cool:

TMCNo1
09-10-2008, 06:47 PM
My flags out 365 days a year :cool:

So does ours!

ProTour X9
09-10-2008, 06:58 PM
same here:cool:

Well some of us have seasonal weather.:)

I remember the very day; we watched it live on TV in school, I remember Peter Jennings and Charlie Gibson talking back and forth. Not a happy sight seeing the buildings burn.

TX.X-30 fan
09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I just read the thread for the first time, thanks chudson for the reminder last year even though I missed it all. What a great bunch of folks we have here on TT and in our great nation because all we are here is a small cross section of America. The images are hard for me to view Shepherd, but I was not offended for sure, its good to refresh ones emotions so as not to forget. God bless the USA.

coz
09-10-2008, 07:51 PM
On Thursday, September 11th, 2008, an American flag should be displayed
outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States .
Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on
this seventh anniversary of one our country's worst tragedies. We do this
honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and
loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are
fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.
In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in
American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood
shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but
disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it
shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American
flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over
terrorism of all kinds :headbang:

jimmer2880
09-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks for posting the images. I will never forget. We didn't loose anyone that day, but I remember how we all felt on 9/12 - "let's roll"

2RLAKE
09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I have my flag out 24/7/365 and one on my MC

that youtube video was incredible ... makes me remember how terrible that day really was and how great a country this really is

God bless the USA

T Scott
09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
My flag is already flying! God Bless America!

Lennyp04
09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Hard to believe that 7 years ago tomorrow i was sitting in my 5th grade class getting out my literature book when the computer tech came in my room and told my teacher in a calm manner. My teacher proceeded to turn the television and couldnt believe my eyes

ShamrockIV
09-10-2008, 10:20 PM
my flag flys 24/7/365 boys!!!!!!

tommorrow is a day for heros!!

my personal heroes are the guys on flight 93 that said @uck this we ain't going down this way!!!!

like the song says "some went down like heroes in that pennsylvania field"!!!

my prayers are with all the families that lost someone that day and everyday since keeping us safe!!

it is a shame we have to get punched in the mouth every so often to remember that people hate us just because we are Americans!!!!!

stuartmcnair
09-10-2008, 10:33 PM
My wife is a consultant to the Alabama Fire College...she was there that morning with those firefighters who knew the second the plane hit that the building was coming down...yet the firefighters and police officers went in anyway, knowing the same thing. She will be at the AFC tomorrow as well and I can imagine the somber mood. The brotherhood that exists among firefighters is as strong as anything I have ever seen.

May God bless their families as they are put through another day of remembering what they have lost.

flyingskibiker
09-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Wow, great stories. I was in flight training! My instructor called and said we wouldn't be flying that day and to turn on the TV. I pretty much watched it all happen Very sad! This year, the Reno Air Races are back on the weekend of the 11th. I'm SURE they will be puting on some stuff. Gotta love all the military might and support around here!

Maristar210
09-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I can still see the videos of people jumping from the building. It chokes me up every time I think about it.

I will not only never forget those who gave the ultimate price unwillingly but also the ruthless who perpetuated this movement.

I respect all those who have put them selves in harms way selflessly for the betterment and honor of the nation they love.

To those who say "stop the war" "stop the war"

Well I don't want to get banned, so I'll leave it alone. :rolleyes:

I still feel the same....

I love my country

lanier92prostar
09-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Well put Steve!

Willski
09-11-2008, 12:26 AM
New avatar for the month of Sept.

I remember the day very well....although I was not in 5th grade, like Lenny. I was at work and watched online. It was really like watching a movie. Surreal.

I also knew a guy who was in the towers. Not very well, he worked at a health club that I used to go to, then graduated college and worked for a firm in the towers, but even so, it made it all very real to me, having known someone that lost their life there.

lanier92prostar
09-11-2008, 12:37 AM
My wife was there about two months before it happened. She was at a conference on the stock market that took place inside the towers. She took some great pictures from the top of the towers. We still show our daughter the pictures my wife took of the skyline of NY and then show her the new pics of the skyline. We tell her that some very bad people did this to our country.
Again, I have said it before. I will never forget that day.

edwinfuqua
09-11-2008, 12:54 AM
I fly the Goldenrod, the flag that Jefferson designed. A flag that says "Don't Tred On Me" and has a coiled snake in it's center. A simular flag (I've also waved it) is a snake in the middle of the red and white stripes with the same, "Don't Tred on Me". We should all fly one of the same. Get serious about your affections... if that be the correct term. Super-Patriotism begins with sacrifice. Go SNAKE, DON'T TRED ON ME, these are the signs of Patriots.

I support the troups. I only wish I could serve now. I would gladly pump a small metal package into the head of anybody that wants to destroy this U.S.A.; Please forgiv my inner self, if I have caused any harm to anyone that doesen't agree with me. If I could somehow capture OBL I would hold him as long as I could, but when the time came either I got rescued or I got captured I would save the last bullet for OBL. Screw everything else. OBL must Die.

D3skier
09-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Let's hope we never forget this day....

TexasMC230
09-11-2008, 09:24 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to all those service men and women out there fighting and protecting our country. You are in my prayers. God Bless

jbfootin
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM

Well, Collin will turn 7 in 10 days. Hard to believe that it has been 7 years since the attack, and how fresh the memories are with most of us.

Never forget! and God bless America!!

6ballsisall
09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Lets let the Sarah Palin thread pause today guys. Today is a day of remembrance of what happened to OUR country and countrymen. Never forget this day

flipper
09-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Let's hope we never forget this day....

I don't think I could if I wanted to. My thoughts and prayers to the heroes, in uniform and not, and their families.

atlfootr
09-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Just a reminder to put your flag out!!
Thanks!!!

Here's mine

atlfootr
09-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Listen Up People ... Take a minute and reflect.
Click lower right button of video (FULL SCREEN MODE)

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/artist/--2156633&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=MusicVideo&ovcrn=Darryl+Worley+Have+You+Forgotten?&ovtac=PPC

atlfootr
09-11-2008, 08:20 PM
What? No one's clicked the above link and taken time to post comments :(
Where's your patriotism :rolleyes:

atlfootr
09-11-2008, 09:11 PM

justinglow
09-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Good link atl

I agree they should play the footage everyday so we never forget what happened to us.

D3skier
09-12-2008, 12:09 AM
I just finished watching the 9/11 show on the history channel and it was very intense and more in depth as far as what actually happened and what people were feeling over this attack on our country. I know for me this will be one day that will never be forgotten and have a deep appreciation to what our military is doing to keep our country safe.

atlfootr
09-12-2008, 12:48 PM
At least 2 pl are in agreement w/ me :rolleyes:

Itsme
09-16-2008, 12:49 AM
our son is a 0-11-2007 baby-
Nice to have a more positive reason to remember the date!!
Let's roll.....