PDA

View Full Version : Need a new back seat

jbfootin
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I have a 2001 19Skier. The back seat is a bridge design, and hase broke again. The first time was a year after I bought the boat, and the dealer replaced it on warenty. I have been carful since, but last week, a friend of mine (250 lbs) stepped on it and the darn thing broke. I called the dealer and he told me that MC no longer makes this seat and I am out of luck.

For now I have blocks supporting the middle of the seat up, but am wondering if any one else has had this problem? Do any of the dealers out there (MYMC or ERK) have any conection to get me a new back seat?

Thanks for the help.

tones03
09-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Ours broke the first year too, but have not had any problems. I will make sure I am extra careful now that I know they dont make them any more. Sorry I cant be any help.

jbfootin
09-11-2007, 10:21 AM
bump......

east tx skier
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I'd take the think to a local upholstery shop and see what they recommend. Maybe replace the OEM base with HDPE and reinforce the center section with a steel plate. That would be my inclination.

Jorski
09-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I couldn't find it with the search function, but at one time there was a repair on a thread with some pictures.

I seem to remember, HDPE as a base, with it doubled up along the edges.

Maybe reinforce with aluminum angle ???