PDA

View Full Version : shower

wboardguy
09-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I bought a used X-10 that has a heatercraft 1s shower. The boat came without a hose and shower head, which I bought, but now the end of the hose I bought doesn't seem to mate with the female end of the hose unit which is near the back of the boat. I'm I missing another plastic portion that should be on the boat or I noticed from looking on the internet that there are brass fittings on the new units -- can someone give me an idea of what I may be missing.

When I ordered the hose and showerhead I spoke to the people at heatercraft -- so I think what I bought is the correct thing??

dsoby
09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Post a picture of the end of your hose.

wboardguy
09-09-2007, 08:40 PM
I keep my boat on a lift that is 4 hours from where I live, so it will be a weekend or two before I can get a pic.

To try and describe the hose end. The hose tapers to a white hard plastic end. The tip has a black o ring near the end. I thought it looked like it would just plug into the female end of the boat, but now I'm wondering if I am missing a coupler.

Here is a link to a hose end that looks like the one I bought -- except the hose is not coiled, it's straight, but the end looks the same. http://www.heatercraft.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=S113

dsoby
09-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Mine has two hose pieces that couple together with a brass quick disconnect similar to a pressure hose connector. The end of the hose is threaded to a nozzle.

bigmac
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Post a picture of the end of your hose.I don't think that will fly. They won't even let anyone post a picture of a girl in a thong bikini.

dsoby
09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Mine is several years old and not like the picture, sorry.

dsoby
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
If your hose is long enough, you may be able to cut that fitting off and attach the hose directly to your pump. My hose inner diameter is 3/8" if I remember correctly. But your best bet is to give Heatercraft another call.

dsoby
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM
After thinking about this for a while, I think that I can solve your problem. If the end of the hose on your boat has a brass fitting, you have the older version like mine. Heatercraft will probably sell you the other half of the newer version. They probably didn't realize that you had an '03 shower when they sent you the shower head. You can then replace the old hose that is now connected to your pump. Another (probably cheaper) option is to find the mating fitting at a hardware store and modify the hose yourself.