PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Mag Mania News:

erkoehler
09-09-2007, 05:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do?

Ok, the idea was passed around for a second houseboat for everyone to use. However since we couldn't figure out until the last minute if we were going to rent one, or who was going to stay on it there doesn't seem to be much interest as many have already made other arrangements.

In the end it comes down to this, I am not willing to foot the bill of a house boat by myself that everyone will be using at one point or another.

So, if the "crew" still wants to see a houseboat show up people are going to have to start kicking in some cash to make it happen. Right now, it is CANCELED!

There is no way that Ilean is going to handle 40 people. Last year for MMII we had about 15 and she was PACKED! If there is an attempt to put more people on the boat, I fear what the outcome would be. I mean no disrespect to Bob and his houseboat is very nice, but I have a feeling he would agree that we are going to be over crowded with this many people on one houseboat.

Jrandol, Rockman, and myself have come up with one solution, and we are open to others if you have one. What are peoples thoughts on a $25 charge per head to cover PART of the cost on the houseboat? Renting a houseboat is not a "cheap" endeavor which Footin has reminded me of numerous times, so what do you guys want to do?

Having the second houseboat will give everyone a place to hang out on the water during the day. The boat is 65 feet long, so it is a decent size has full ammenities: grill, kitchen, TV, table/chairs, refrig., stove, etc. It is a FULLY equipped houseboat. If we did this, people that sleep on the houseboat would still be paying a higher price. The $25 is just going to be a general fee to cover part of the cost.

Even at $25 a head I am going to end up putting up a nice chunk of change for this, and I am willing to do that, but I am not willing to foot the entire bill.

Cloaked
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do?

Ok, the idea was passed around for a second houseboat for everyone to use. However since we couldn't figure out until the last minute if we were going to rent one, or who was going to stay on it there doesn't seem to be much interest as many have already made other arrangements.

In the end it comes down to this, I am not willing to foot the bill of a house boat by myself that everyone will be using at one point or another.

So, if the "crew" still wants to see a houseboat show up people are going to have to start kicking in some cash to make it happen. Right now, it is CANCELED!

There is no way that Ilean is going to handle 40 people. Last year for MMII we had about 15 and she was PACKED! If there is an attempt to put more people on the boat, I fear what the outcome would be. I mean no disrespect to Bob and his houseboat is very nice, but I have a feeling he would agree that we are going to be over crowded with this many people on one houseboat.

Jrandol, Rockman, and myself have come up with one solution, and we are open to others if you have one. What are peoples thoughts on a $25 charge per head to cover PART of the cost on the houseboat? Renting a houseboat is not a "cheap" endeavor which Footin has reminded me of numerous times, so what do you guys want to do?

Having the second houseboat will give everyone a place to hang out on the water during the day. The boat is 65 feet long, so it is a decent size has full ammenities: grill, kitchen, TV, table/chairs, refrig., stove, etc. It is a FULLY equipped houseboat. If we did this, people that sleep on the houseboat would still be paying a higher price. The $25 is just going to be a general fee to cover part of the cost.

Even at $25 a head I am going to end up putting up a nice chunk of change for this, and I am willing to do that, but I am not willing to foot the entire bill.I may not be there at all. I'm in for the $25. No big deal.

You should pick up the tab cheap-o. :D

erkoehler
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I may no tbe there at all. I'm in for the $25. No big deal.

You should pick up the tab cheap-o. :D

I am already offering to pickup a very healthy slice of the tab, but I'm asking for some help if others are interested.......

Cloaked
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I am already offering to pickup a very healthy slice of the tab, but I'm asking for some help if others are interested.......
Messing wiF ya Brother. As they say in east TN, "You done good!"

Footin
09-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Good idea Putz, I'll give ya 25 bones for a place to hang out during the day.

erkoehler
09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks buddy, your demo boat should be back instock in the next two weeks :)

SkiDog
09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Skidog is in, and Probably Trickskier too, but I may not better speak for him.:D We are also trying to get JCrosby150 to attend too. He says he'll let us know tomorrow. If he comes, he'll pull his SWEEEET X2 up there.

Mag_Red
09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Like I said in the Mag Mania thread........I got 100 bones to keep you off my boat!8p

Chief
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Skidog is in, and Probably Trickskier too, but I may not better speak for him.:D We are also trying to get JCrosby150 to attend too. He says he'll let us know tomorrow. If he comes, he'll pull his SWEEEET X2 up there.

Hey Dog, talking with the other half about the trip. I just put the boat in the garage 730 pm had to get all the ugly water out of the boat, espically after tricky decided to put the bow under the roller.

I'll let you know tomorrow on Mag Mania. Wife is pushing me out the door so that hurdle is past.

Hey Eric if I come you can count me in for the 25 bucks.

trickskier
09-09-2007, 08:06 PM
You can count on me for $25..............:D

SkiDog
09-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Hey Dog, talking with the other half about the trip. I just put the boat in the garage 730 pm had to get all the ugly water out of the boat, espically after tricky decided to put the bow under the roller.

I'll let you know tomorrow on Mag Mania. Wife is pushing me out the door so that hurdle is past.

Hey Eric if I come you can count me in for the 25 bucks.

I hope that means we'll be a seeing you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KnoxX2
09-09-2007, 11:27 PM
In for the $25....