PDA

View Full Version : &^%#@ Jetskiers!!!

tex
09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Yesterday we had a disabled ski event at our lake. It's a great day of learning and seeing people push themselves beyond all limits. There are people who follow the boats on 2 jetskis with passengers on them that jump off and help when the skiers fall. This means a lot of volunteer jetskiers on out lake. We have the lake closed for the event. When I arrived I brought my new mountain bike to use as transportation around the shore. I rode over by the ramp to help some of the smokers launch. I laid my bike down in the grass about 10 feet away from our huge ramp. When I walked back to get my bike I noticed that it had been moved. I picked it up and noticed that my derailer was bent into the spokes and gears. Some jetskier had ran over it with his trailer. I confronted them and they all just stared at each other and acted clueless. I feel confident that I know who did it. I was so pi$$ed but didn't want to start the day off by knocking somebody out! They are all the same, no respect for other people's property. I understand that they may have hit it w/o knowledge but when I confronted them, they knew they had hit it. OK, I feel better now! Besides that, it was a great day at the lake!

bucky
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
If they can't keep a trailer within 10 feet of the edge of the ramp when launching, I think I could do without them jetting in to help me in the water.
What make and model of bike?

BriEOD
09-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear it. I do not have any pleasent superlatives for jet skiers.

tex
09-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Trek 6 series. The thing that really made me mad is that it's become a big part of my rehab.

fintek9
09-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Geez Tex, If it wasn't for bad luck.. you know, sorry for the "yet again inconvenience" eh.

JKTX21
09-09-2007, 03:31 PM
It'll be okay Mike... you can borrow my Trek if you need to.

Hey when do yall ski at MC? I want to come out and get some slalom time soon (hanging out with my wakeboard buddies too much).

ProTour X9
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I've decided not to use the !,@,#,$,%,^,&,*,(or ) keys anymore. So I'll make this short and sweet (not like it matters anyways but).

Jetskiers, #2 reason we don't have a permanent course anymore. I'm sick of them, they only care about their own fun and they seem to make sure they show off to somebody._______________________
Sorry about your bike, that would make me quite mad also. Especially since they didn't fess up; last night the jet skiers were running through my buddy's portable course, of course (pun) thats right when I want to go.

Wow I didn't mean to type that much.

tex
09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I just dropped my bike off at the shop. They can reallign the derailer but the jack#@$ bent my rear disc brake. I have to get a new one. It'll end up running me around $75. I hope he sucks something up and ruins his impeller!

School Skier
09-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Jetskier's the Anti Christ of water craft.

Hoosier Bob
09-09-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't like Jet Ski middle mangers as well but I never thought they would **** ** my cycling?:o

You do have bad luck Schleprock!

puck_11
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I just dropped my bike off at the shop. They can reallign the derailer but the jack#@$ bent my rear disc brake. I have to get a new one. It'll end up running me around $75. I hope he sucks something up and ruins his impeller!

You got pretty lucky, $75 is pretty cheap, if that includes labor. I'm suprised it didn't break any spokes, or warp the rim. Just think of it this way, you should get a free tuning out of it, so if it wasn't shifting nicely, it should now.

jraben8
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Tex, if the derailer is bent too bad I have an extra XT that I can get to you.

tex
09-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys-I do feel lucky that I'm getting out cheap. It just should not have happened in the 1st place!

MarkP
09-10-2007, 02:44 PM
That stinks man! 75 bucks is 75 bucks.. (no matter how you look at it)..
Anyway, its customary to display photos in threads like this!!

jraben8
09-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Puck's right. It's pretty strange to have a bent derailleur without other damage, especially to wheels if it occurred while the bike was horizontal (unless someone "moved" it for you).

tex
09-10-2007, 02:47 PM
That's the funny part. It didn't look that bad. I didn't even think about the disc until I got it to the shop. They said they could straighten it but it would still make noise.

tex
09-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I got the bike back today. The rim was bent too. I knew that was coming!