PDA

View Full Version : Boat Height

timber
09-08-2007, 11:33 AM
I need help with a measurement.... I am going to build a boat house for a future X-45 (not purchased yet), but I need a rough estimate of the height of the boat from the bottom to the top of the tower. I have heard its about 10' which may be too tall for our local ordinance so a second question would be on how easy is it to collapse the tower each time to bring into a standard 8' garage door? Help please.

Roonie's
09-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I have 07 X2 and it is easy to fold it down every time to fit into garage which is what we do after every weekend. It takes about 2 minutes and is very straightforward. It involves unscrewing 4 knobs completely and loosening four. Then you unhook the wiring harness and fold the tower down and also fold front legs down. Simple.

If you have an 8' garage door then you should have no problems with clearance issues.

Ole Miss Rebels
09-08-2007, 12:30 PM
i have an 05 xstar and had to install 12 foot doors. the tower was 10.5 feet above the driveway. i have never collapsed my tower and paid extra for the 12 foot door to keep from having to do so. i can't help but believe that regular collapsing of the tower will weaken it somewhere down the line. good luck and enjoy your new boat.

Roonie's
09-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Don't know how collapsing the tower would weaken it?? It has hinges at all the collapsing points. Hinges are meant to bend. It shakes like a mother under any speed so I doubt folding it down at the hinges would hurt it.

TheOneandOnly
09-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Roonie are the bolts still coming loose? If so put some red locktite on that should hold up

snork
09-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Go for 12' door. Folding tower with speaker and such really sucks. What happens when you get hurt and can't get the boat in storage?

Roonie's
09-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Roonie are the bolts still coming loose? If so put some red locktite on that should hold up

Boat is at dealer (for other things) currently and they are tightening it for me. Hopefully that will take some of the shake out.

onewheat
09-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Mine really shook a lot with 4 speakers on it (2 with lights) and the rear knobs at the bottom of the back legs would work loose several times a day. Adding the new tower supports strengthens the tower a lot and I have not had any loosening problems so far (over a 4-day weekend of playing). I fold my tower to get it in my 8' garage door and I think it's a royal pain to have to do it every time we go out and home. If I could get a drive-thru door (12' or whatever), I'd do it in a heartbeat. Are you talking about a 'on-the-trailer' boathouse or 'in-the-water' boathouse? I think you'll find an X-45 is a lot higher than 10' on the trailer. My X-15 is really close to 12' (ground to anchor light) and I'm not sure I'd fit thru a 12' door with the tower up. I was trying to measure it alone and I may be off a couple inches one way or the other.

Maristar210
09-08-2007, 08:39 PM
i have an 05 xstar and had to install 12 foot doors. the tower was 10.5 feet above the driveway. i have never collapsed my tower and paid extra for the 12 foot door to keep from having to do so. i can't help but believe that regular collapsing of the tower will weaken it somewhere down the line. good luck and enjoy your new boat.

I don't see that at all. How would hinging it weaken it? That makes no sense to me?? :confused: