PDA

View Full Version : Heater install on 2003 Prostar 197

hos505
09-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm trying to install a heatercraft heater on my boat, I assume the unit should be installed behind the foot panel in front of the driver but then how do you get the vent hose over to the passenger side with the walkthru and cooler in the middle. Any tips, ideas or pictures would be apprieciated.

BrianM
09-07-2007, 02:57 PM
For the ultimate setup run two two vent heaters. One under the drivers side with a foot vent and a dash vent for defrost. On the other side run another two vent heater with two hottubes.

As for how to do it with one I don't know exactly. I think they just install a hottube in the walkway that is pulled out for passenger heat. I am sure someone will chime in shortly.

Sodar
09-07-2007, 02:57 PM
On my '07 197, the heater is mounted under the observers seat and the tube for the drivers footwell runs below the floor.

erkoehler
09-07-2007, 04:14 PM
From the factory your hoses are run in the area of the cooler, but if your doing it after the fact you may have to run all the way around the bow.

bigmac
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
My boat has a factory heater and the passenger heat tube runs around the bow, not under the floor.

2RLAKE
09-07-2007, 11:00 PM
i mounted a three tube in my '02 197 ... installed the unit behing the foot well as you stated, ran one pull-out under the oberserver seat (ran the tube under the bow cushions ... fun cutting that 4" hole thru fiberglass), then two under the driver's seat .. one was fixed and one was another pull-out. Take a little wiggling to get in there but it can be done. Also, when you cut into the fiberglass run that big hole saw backwards ... it will make a cleaner cut thru the gelcoat and fiberglass

good luck!

dsoby
09-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Same as 2RLAKE for me except I couldn't fit a 3 vent box behind the kick panel and had to go with the 2 vent box. There is supposed to be a tunnel that runs between the two sides under the walkthrough area but I could not find one on mine and ran the hose around the front under the seat cushons. It's not a big deal but the observer heat is noticably cooler than the driver's.