PDA

View Full Version : xmd1 Clarion Question

wboardguy
09-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I just replaced my xmd1 with an xmd3 clarion stereo. I've only had my boat 1 month it's an 03 bought used. When I did the switch out I did not change the wiring harness -- everything worked great (even the wired remote control from the xmd1) until I tried to fire up both my boat speakers and the tower speakers at the same time. Only 1 set of the rca outs seem to work. I'm wondering if I just need to switch out the wiring harness or did I miss something with a setting on the xmd3? I've tried moving both the fade and the balance settings but that didn't seem to help.

Anything you can think of trying would be appreciated.

JBaker
09-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Common issue:

The Black (rear) RCA outs default to sub woofer outs. You have to adjust them through the menu system to get them to play full range sound.

I'm doing this off the top of my head so forgive me if I miss something but I believe you press and hold the title/adjust button which is a small t button. It should then switch into menu mode and you will want to scroll using the left/right arrows until it reads "SW LPF." Once you see "SW LPF" hit the volume button up or down and you will see it start changing numbers, then it will read "REAR." Hit the ent (enter) button and you are good to go.

jmmcalpin
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
JBaker has it right, it is the 't' button you press , I think I had a web page with the exact instructions.. I will see if I can find it..

wboardguy
09-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I was starting to think that maybe I got a bad headunit. Thanks for your help. It "sounds" like that will do the trick. You've saved me a lot of problems.:)