PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Ethics

wboardguy
09-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Okay, I'm new to the forum and I don't want to make a stink, but I have a question on dealer ethics. I have been looking for a set of board racks for an 03 X-10. I bought my x-10 used and it came without any board racks.

I found a set at the Mastercraft dealer near where I keep my boat (not where I live). For one set of used, refurbished board racks the dealer wanted $2,295. After I told them they were crazy, they told me they had $1,000 in them. I told them I would like the original racks, but when I could buy an aftermarket pair for $250 or less -- why?

Later I located 2 sets of racks at another dealer who was selling them for $608 a set (price recently reduced due to Mastercraft's release of a repair kit). Okay, I belive in supply and demand and the American way -- but do you think this is ethical conduct?

The original racks are very unusual in that they are two forks coming out of a metal X that is part of the tower itself -- the aftermarket racks bolt to the tubes that form the tower (like most every other rack you've seen).

Just curious about your thoughts. :confused:

milkmania
09-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Okay, I'm new to the forum and I don't want to make a stink, but I have a question on dealer ethics. I have been looking for a set of board racks for an 03 X-10. I bought my x-10 used and it came without any board racks.

I found a set at the Mastercraft dealer near where I keep my boat (not where I live). For one set of used, refurbished board racks the dealer wanted $2,295. After I told them they were crazy, they told me they had $1,000 in them. I told them I would like the original racks, but when I could buy an aftermarket pair for $250 or less -- why?

Later I located 2 sets of racks at another dealer who was selling them for $608 a set (price recently reduced due to Mastercraft's release of a repair kit). Okay, I belive in supply and demand and the American way -- but do you think this is ethical conduct?

I don't have a tower, therefore don't need racks.......
but $2295.00

dang...............................:eek3::(

erkoehler
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
If you have something that isn't being produced or repaired by anyone, the price is going to go up.

There is a VERY limited supply of the board racks in question, hence the higher pricing.

I know for a fact we (Chicago MasterCraft) have some in stock and have sold them for pretty aggressive pricing, but I'm not sure on the cost. There are customers out there that have been paying the prices in question, so that isn't helping the price go down at all :)

If you've found other racks for $250, why not go that route? Seems to be the smart solution......

PendO
09-06-2007, 10:34 PM
to me, it's not an ethical issue at all ... it is up to all of us to price shop and compare ... but what the hell does it matter if the person has $1000 into refurbished racks ... if you really want OEM racks check out the pricing from one of the three regulars on the board

MYMC (north carolina) www.mymastercraft.com (http://www.mymastercraft.com)
Jim@Baws (florida) www.bayareawatersports.com (http://www.bayareawatersports.com)
Erk (chicago) www.chicagomastercraft.com (http://www.chicagomastercraft.com)

or keep an eye on ebay ...

sten76
09-06-2007, 10:46 PM
It all depends on how good of a consumer you are. It is not an ethical issue on the side of the dealer. If they think they can get the higher price out of you, based on your impression, they will charge you more. Pure capitalism at it's finest. ECO 101.

You ask them their price, and then you either take it, or you do your research on your own and find it at a better price. You can either pay for the service or take the lower price.

It's like us buying a Mastercraft. Yes, there are lower priced boats out there, but we all buy a Mastercraft because we value it more.

If you don't value it more, don't pay more.

JimN
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
As sten said, it's Econ 101, supply and demand. If they can get it, they make a lot of money on them. A good shopper will buy elsewhere. Is it morally right to take 1/3 of a $20 million settlement when the family suffered, but not the attorneys? I don't think so, but it's the going rate, right? It's basically the same thing- if other racks are sold for the same price, it becomes the "going rate".

"A good deal is one where neither side is happy".

shepherd
09-06-2007, 11:29 PM
free market -- no ethical issue at all, unless they lied to you

wboardguy
09-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Okay so I'm Ford. I make a 2003 F150. I only make the grill on this model for 1 year. My Ford dealer will sell me a true 2003 F150 grill for $5,000 or I can get an aftermarket grill for $500 that will fill the hole in front of my truck, but will not be what Ford designed.

Ford has created the shortage by only making the grill for one year and making no replacement parts.

So this is okay because I can get an aftermarket grill from a 3rd party? Seems to me that Ford should at least make parts for models they are selling 4 model years after the truck rolls off the lot.

I'm buying the aftermarket grill, but I think it's wrong that I have to and I think it's wrong for the Ford dealer to take advantage of the shortage.

Hoosier Bob
09-06-2007, 11:36 PM
We need Tony George to handle this one! After all anyone can race in the IRL regardless of $$$ right Roger?:o

erkoehler
09-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Okay so I'm Ford. I make a 2003 F150. I only make the grill on this model for 1 year. My Ford dealer will sell me a true 2003 F150 grill for $5,000 or I can get an aftermarket grill for $500 that will fill the hole in front of my truck, but will not be what Ford designed.

Ford has created the shortage by only making the grill for one year and making no replacement parts.

So this is okay because I can get an aftermarket grill from a 3rd party? Seems to me that Ford should at least make parts for models they are selling 4 model years after the truck rolls off the lot.

I'm buying the aftermarket grill, but I think it's wrong that I have to and I think it's wrong for the Ford dealer to take advantage of the shortage.

Remember, it isn't MC that isn't making the board racks. The parts for the board racks/towers are out sourced.

JimN
09-06-2007, 11:45 PM
"I'm buying the aftermarket grill, but I think it's wrong that I have to and I think it's wrong for the Ford dealer to take advantage of the shortage"

Anything like We Energies being the only way to have electric and natural gas in a large part of Wisconsin, when Wisconsin Electric is Wisconsin Gas Co's largest single customer, then charging the customers more because the price of natural gas went up due to increased demand from the Electric Co? How about the gasoline distributors taking their refineries off-line to do maintenance, one by one, in the middle of summer when demand is highest? I really hate seeing the price of gas increase by $.40/gal in one day, especially when the increase is based purely on fear of something that hasn't even happened yet.

Nobody likes feeling that they were gouged. If you can wait till the demand drops, someone is going to have at least one that they want to unload.

Archimedes
09-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Remember, it isn't MC that isn't making the board racks. The parts for the board racks/towers are out sourced.

OK Erk, gotta call you on that one. That's a lame excuse.

I totally agree that the market should decide, but I also totally agree with the original poster that it's pretty ridiculous that MC doesn't maintain a supply of OEM replacement parts for its boats for some reasonable period of time. C'mon, a 4 year old boat and he can't get parts at a reasonable price? Also, jacking up an OEM replacement part for market conditions is pretty unethical. You don't see auto manufacturers or motorcycle manufacturers raising the prices on their OEM parts when then get in short supply.

And it doesn't matter whether MC outsources or not. If MC chooses to outsource, its incumbent upon them to ensure that they have an adequate supply of the parts. Or maybe they should put a sticker on certain parts of their new boats that says 'we don't actually make this part and you may been unable to find it or be forced to undergo an amateur prostate exam to get one four years from now.'

Of course we all know they can do what they want and customers can get pissed off and over time take their business elsewhere. If we were talking about upgrading to a newer rack, fine market decides, but to basically rape your own customer with a 4 year old boat is pretty lame.

tex
09-06-2007, 11:58 PM

Yea, right! Sorry MC-My business is going elsewhere!

wboardguy
09-06-2007, 11:58 PM
MC made the decision to change towers and racks after only a year of production. I don't blame the subcontractor for not making parts if MC isn't buying them.

If MC ordered a 100 racks to distribute to their dealers or have available to their dealers, I bet Gere Marie would make them for a reasonable price. Heck, I would even agree to buy two sets of the 100 if they were under $300 a set.

Doug G
09-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm glad I'm not a grillless Ford. Just sayin ...

swatguy
09-07-2007, 12:27 AM
What's unethical is 2k for board racks. HOLY SHIZZLE! I too am glad I am GMC guy and that I have a grille. I guess I am just different but some aftermarket stuff blows the factory stuff away. :rolleyes:

1boarder
09-07-2007, 07:57 AM
If I remember right my new racks came in at $2000 when I bought the boat with all the fancy billet designs, swiveling feature and lock down design. I don't think that they are to far out of the ballpark on price, especially if they had to put money and time into them. I had a boat negotiation to help me get a better price. As far as aftermarket design, I doubt you will find a better designed board rack out there, but it is up to the buyer to decide if MCs is 10 times better.

JimN
09-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I want to modify a couple of things in my last posts. I think a dealer should get what they can, but I do think gouging is wrong. That said, if I think someone is trying to gouge me, I go someplace else.

Car dealers do jack their prices up on parts and some do it a lot more than others. I have a Chevy dealer near me, who quoted me $605 to replace the fuel sender in my car, in about '99. "92 Buick LeSabre- nothing exotic or uncommon at all. I found a place close to the MC dealership I was working at who did it for $250, installed. Same part, same labor needed. Why the difference? GM certainly had nothing to do with the difference and I would imagine that the dealer sells far more parts than the shop I went to.

Has anyone asked MC why they stopped selling this particular rack? Is it possible that the maker of the rack stopped making them after a year, making it impossible for MC to get more?

TMCNo1
09-07-2007, 09:05 AM
I want to modify a couple of things in my last posts. I think a dealer should get what they can, but I do think gouging is wrong. That said, if I think someone is trying to gouge me, I go someplace else.

Car dealers do jack their prices up on parts and some do it a lot more than others. I have a Chevy dealer near me, who quoted me $605 to replace the fuel sender in my car, in about '99. "92 Buick LeSabre- nothing exotic or uncommon at all. I found a place close to the MC dealership I was working at who did it for $250, installed. Same part, same labor needed. Why the difference? GM certainly had nothing to do with the difference and I would imagine that the dealer sells far more parts than the shop I went to.

Has anyone asked MC why they stopped selling this particular rack? Is it possible that the maker of the rack stopped making them after a year, making it impossible for MC to get more?

I would recommend someone to call at MC who can maybe answer that question, but I would get slammed for using his name.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=400488&postcount=2

swatguy
09-07-2007, 10:01 AM
guess I should clarify. 2k for a set of fixed racks is rediculous. I see no problem in paying that for the swivels. The billet and functionality of those is def not cheap. All the cut outs and lasering nothing can come close. So far the best designed swivels for sure. Just was commenting on 2k for a fixed rack. Thats nuts

Archimedes
09-07-2007, 12:04 PM
If I remember right my new racks came in at $2000 when I bought the boat with all the fancy billet designs, swiveling feature and lock down design. I don't think that they are to far out of the ballpark on price, especially if they had to put money and time into them. I had a boat negotiation to help me get a better price. As far as aftermarket design, I doubt you will find a better designed board rack out there, but it is up to the buyer to decide if MCs is 10 times better.

This thread is about the fixed racks. And the older ones at that.

erkoehler
09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Being the nice guy, I looked up the price of these board racks in question! :)

Each board rack is $385, per rack. Two racks are needed for one side of the boat, and 4 for an entire tower.

$770 for ONE board rack side.

Thrall
09-07-2007, 03:56 PM
wboardguy, There must have been a misunderstanding. Go back to the dlr and tell them you didn't want a new tower, just the racks.:confused:

Seriously, Erk even said they're getting a fortune for theirs, and that's about $1500 for the whole deal.
I guess if you're blingin' up a $60k boat, what's the difference in a couple grand for board racks?
Personally, I don't even have 2 grand into my tower AND both racks......and it's a ND tower.

wboardguy
09-07-2007, 08:37 PM
I think it's been a great discussion and it is very interesting to hear the various perspectives. Initially I was shocked and upset that the dealer wanted over $2,000 for one set/one side of used (holds two) racks. Now that a few days have passed and I have decided to buy after market racks, I think I can move on with my life. But I'm really wondering if I will ever feel comfortable dealing with that Mastercraft dealer. If they don't have a problem taking advantage of me over a set of used racks, I don't think they will hesitate if they see another chance.

When I told a non-boating friend about my experience, he said that for $2,000 I could get a prositute to follow me around for the summer and hold my wakeboards -- well that's another option.:D

TMCNo1
09-07-2007, 08:59 PM
When I told a non-boating friend about my experience, he said that for $2,000 I could get a prositute to follow me around for the summer and hold my wakeboards -- well that's another option.:D

If you tell UMP that, he'll never put a tower on his bote!:D

JimN
09-07-2007, 09:36 PM
"he said that for $2,000 I could get a prositute to follow me around for the summer and hold my wakeboards "

Is that what they're calling it, these days?

TMCNo1
09-07-2007, 09:49 PM
"he said that for $2,000 I could get a prositute to follow me around for the summer and hold my wakeboards "

Is that what they're calling it, these days?

No wonder some miss the Swimsuit Threads so bad, they're still trying to figure out what it's all about!

the legend
09-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I believe I'm the dealer (Chicago Mastercraft) you spoke to that quoted $608.00 (2 racks) for one complete side. For a complete set that would be $1216.00 (4 racks) That pricing is for new/never used racks. If my math is correct that makes my pricing is $1079.00 less on new racks. The other dealer qouted you on refurbished/used racks. I believe I'm doing you a good service.Okay, I'm new to the forum and I don't want to make a stink, but I have a question on dealer ethics. I have been looking for a set of board racks for an 03 X-10. I bought my x-10 used and it came without any board racks.

The original racks are very unusual in that they are two forks coming out of a metal X that is part of the tower itself -- the aftermarket racks bolt to the tubes that form the tower (like most every other rack you've seen).

JohnE
09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
The "free market", "eco 101" etc. argument is BS IMO. As a customer, you want to be able to trust the person you are doing business with.

I'm an electrical contractor and my customers trust that when they call me, I'll charge them a fair price. I rarely price the job before doing it. If I got too greedy, I'd lose their trust and they'd find another electrician.

I'm all for someone making their needed profit. But the margin in the OP seems too much for me. And then MC wants to impose their territorial restrictions on buying a new boat..........Like you would want to buy from a guy who just charged you over a thousand more than it's worth? Sorry, I'm digressing.

JimN
09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
JohnE- "I'll charge them a fair price. I rarely price the job before doing it. If I got too greedy, I'd lose their trust and they'd find another electrician."

This is where the Econ 101 comes in. The price will be determined by what the market will bear. If the rack was purchased for the high price, it becomes part of the equation. You know that if you ask or bid too high, you won't get the job. It all applies, in the rack situation and in your business as a contractor. High price, low demand. Fair price, high demand. I doubt that this dealer sells a lot of these racks. If he does, he has idjits for customers, because they trust that he's not gouging them, when he actually is.

As I said before, nobody wants to feel that they were gouged and the only way for the OP to actually be gouged is if he buys the rack from that dealer, so he shops around and finds it for less.

These boats aren't distributor caps, or anything else that is easy to move, sell and dispose of. It generally takes a day to properly set up a boat like this, partially because it should be run on the water. A customer may save some money by finding a dealer who'll sell it for less, but a lot of the reason he will is that he will probably never see it again. If a dealer does a half-azzed job of setting a boat up for delivery and it's sold to someone out of his territory, who gets to deal with it? The in-territory dealer, that's who. Can he charge shop labor rate to the customer? He should be able to since it's not his re-work, but the customer will never be willing to pay that rate. Will he be able to recover anything from the first dealer? Not a chance. Who wins? The selling dealer- all he may hear is that he has a PO'd customer. Who loses? Everyone.

All dealers should be able to do the setup and service equally well, IMO, and I do mean well. No "My guys don't have the tools", I can't afford to send them to training", I can't get good help". These are all management issues that no customer should ever have to hear about or deal with in any way. Some dealers will invariably have someone who always goes above and beyond and be able to do things that the average tech can't, but I think they should all be able to repair any service issue, at a high average level of quality. Unfortunately, there are many reasons that this won't happen.

One manufacturer's dealers will never be as plentiful as car dealers. There just isn't that much demand for boats of a specific type, brand or model. If they placed the dealers too close together, the dealers for one brand would be competing against each other, instead of against the other brands. Much better to have friendly competition within the brand- one never knows when another can be of help.

Back to your point about not wanting to buy from a dealer like the one who wants too much for the rack- the demand for his sales and services will eventually drop to the point where he has to change something. Whether he changes his practices or goes under, remains to be seen.

JohnE
09-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Jim,

I can't say that I disagree with any of the points you made. Especially placing dealers too close together. It almost substantiates the need to get rid of the territorial restrictions. If a customer is going to go so far out of his way to buy out of territory, then it must speak volumes about his local dealer. With some exceptions. But I don't want to threadjack.

My point was that personally I need to trust whomever I am buying from. Whether it is just a few parts or a new boat. I don't necessarily look for the lowest price. I bought a prop last year form a dealer here and probably could have got one for less elsewhere. I just heard so many good things that I wanted to support a dealer. Bought my used '05 from a different dealer. Then bought some accessories there too. I know what it takes to float a business. Everyone needs to make money. If I looked back and felt that I got screwed, I'd choose not to go back to that store/ dealer again.

Maristar210
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Lest we all forget the dealer is the one who is faced with the interest expense associated with stocking and paying tax on the items in thier inventorty that remain unsold at the end of the year. If that dealer has had that rack for a period of time you could fuly expect to pay a premium price. Selling it at a competitive price might very well represent a substantial loss to the dealer. If you challenge the pricing you need to keep this in mind.

Steve

JimN
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
It's a rack, not a boat. The 1%-1.5% it adds to the cost by keeping it over a year is hardly worth making up by doubling the price and having people posting about it in a thread on TMC. Moving dead stock is easy- have a sale. It makes less but the dealer gets some working capital he wouldn't have if he sticks to list price. Carrying inventory when you're talking about accessories is part of the business and if they don't buy like Imelda Marcos in a shoe store, they have nobody to blame but themselves if they have too much left over at the end of the season. If it happens every year, it's definitely their problem. Once in awhile is different. One rack won't make or break their year, trust me.

If selling at a "competitive price" causes the dealer to lose money, he's in the wrong business. Either his cost or his expenses are too high and he hasn't done enough to lower them. If you look at the discount as money lost, it's the wrong angle. The % of the sale that makes up the profit is what needs to be maintained, along with inventory turns. More turns=more cash flow, preferably positive cash flow.

Anyone who sells any good or service deserves to make a profit. Anyone who thinks they should be able to buy things at dealer cost, should go into business for themselves. If they want to just be a customer and buy at cost, they need to go away- I don't want their business. They make people jump through hoops just to sell without making a profit and then want more service than anyone else. I don't mind people who know that the seller needs to make money but with some goods, margins are slim. Too many people have been brainwashed by Consumer Reports to think that everything has a 50% profit margin. That ain't the way it is. With some things, 10 points is doing well.

Talk to a bar owner and ask what they make the most money on. Soda, pop, whatever you want to call it. Costs about 7 for a glass and they charge whatever they want. I had lunch at The Chancery today and the diet Coke was $2.10. I had two but that's an eye gouge. You know why McDonald's pushes the larger fries and soda? It costs about 10 for the regular soda and fries, combined. Super Sized, it may add a nickel but they pull in about $3 for the two. $2.85 profit on a $3.00 sale is pretty good, IMO.

Maristar210
09-10-2007, 10:44 PM
It's a rack, not a boat. The 1%-1.5% it adds to the cost by keeping it over a year is hardly worth making up by doubling the price and having people posting about it in a thread on TMC. Moving dead stock is easy- have a sale. It makes less but the dealer gets some working capital he wouldn't have if he sticks to list price. Carrying inventory when you're talking about accessories is part of the business and if they don't buy like Imelda Marcos in a shoe store, they have nobody to blame but themselves if they have too much left over at the end of the season. If it happens every year, it's definitely their problem. Once in awhile is different. One rack won't make or break their year, trust me.

If selling at a "competitive price" causes the dealer to lose money, he's in the wrong business. Either his cost or his expenses are too high and he hasn't done enough to lower them. If you look at the discount as money lost, it's the wrong angle. The % of the sale that makes up the profit is what needs to be maintained, along with inventory turns. More turns=more cash flow, preferably positive cash flow.

Anyone who sells any good or service deserves to make a profit. Anyone who thinks they should be able to buy things at dealer cost, should go into business for themselves. If they want to just be a customer and buy at cost, they need to go away- I don't want their business. They make people jump through hoops just to sell without making a profit and then want more service than anyone else. I don't mind people who know that the seller needs to make money but with some goods, margins are slim. Too many people have been brainwashed by Consumer Reports to think that everything has a 50% profit margin. That ain't the way it is. With some things, 10 points is doing well.

Talk to a bar owner and ask what they make the most money on. Soda, pop, whatever you want to call it. Costs about 7 for a glass and they charge whatever they want. I had lunch at The Chancery today and the diet Coke was $2.10. I had two but that's an eye gouge. You know why McDonald's pushes the larger fries and soda? It costs about 10 for the regular soda and fries, combined. Super Sized, it may add a nickel but they pull in about $3 for the two. $2.85 profit on a $3.00 sale is pretty good, IMO.

Jim,

I understand what you are saying but the 1-1.5% does not apply in the world of bankers who are looking for 5-9%. I do not care what you do, if you run a business interest expense is a huge consideration. Taxes on inventory vary by state but ate certainly not 1% or 2%.

This may be vary different in your state and I certainly do not want to argue with you but I know otherwise in our state. Hence the end of the year clearance sale !!!!!!

JimN
09-10-2007, 10:45 PM
JohnE- I agree that a dealer needs to be trusted and I know how hard it is to find someone that I want to work on my truck. It's not new and I still hate to take it in. A prop is a commodity, just like a lot of other things. You can shop around for the best price till you're blue in the face, and get it. A complete boat is less of one because there's significant labor involved in getting it ready for delivery and labor should never be looked at as a commodity. Especially when it's somewhat specialized. The higher the level of specialization, the less it can be shopped for price.

If the dealer is the reason for shopping outside of the territory, MC needs to know about it. No good comes from keeping a bad dealer as an associate, in any manner. Part of the problem is that the marine industry has a long history of bad service. Some dealers think that "get, while the gettin's good" is how they should run their business and when the gettin's no good, they can fold up and do something else because they made a bunch of money by selling off the assets and real estate. Some new dealers have no retail experience and those are the ones who don't get it. They either give the place away because they look at prices as if they were a cheap customer or begrudge anyone who wants a discount. It's all short-term thinking for them and they won't last long.

MC can't tell their dealers how much to sell for- that's illegal. Dealers getting together and collectively agreeing on price, is illegal, too. The manufacturer can set a MAP but selling too low is not going to keep them in business for long.

JimN
09-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry about the 1%-1.5%, I was thinking back to the time when that was the monthly interest charge and just forgot to include the /month part. End-of-year sales help but every January, the boat shows start and they will sell a lot of remaining accessories then. Interest expense definitely needs to be watched and minimized, as you said. OTOH, it's part of the business and needs to be planned for. I worked for two MC dealers and both sold a heckuva lot of accessories. Made good money on them, too, but we didn't gouge people. There's really no need to and it only comes back to bite someone in the butt.

Even as a dealer, if they need to floorplan their major inventory, they will shop around, just like anything else. If they don't, they won't be open very long. Accessories should be self-sustaining. Once the initial investment is made, the profit should allow them to keep buying and increase their inventory at a controlled rate.

JimN
09-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Regardless of which way we look at it, having someone ask too much for something will make us go somewhere else. If it's the local dealer, they stand to lose our business and in retail, once someone leaves the store, there's absolutely no guarantee that they'll ever set foot in again, whether they bought something or not. Because of that, it makes sense to at least try to get them to buy something. Asking too much is like telling them that you don't care if they come back again.

Maristar210
09-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Jim

You seen to be very adiment about your reasoning. I wave the white flag to you my friend :cool:

JimN
09-10-2007, 11:37 PM
OK, I'll get off of my soap box.

Leroy
09-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I think boating must be a very difficult business with the lower volume and seasonality. I know it is all inventory control, but the overhead is difficult to manage between summer and winter.

Chief
09-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Jim,

I can't say that I disagree with any of the points you made. Especially placing dealers too close together. It almost substantiates the need to get rid of the territorial restrictions. If a customer is going to go so far out of his way to buy out of territory, then it must speak volumes about his local dealer. With some exceptions. But I don't want to threadjack.

My point was that personally I need to trust whomever I am buying from. Whether it is just a few parts or a new boat. I don't necessarily look for the lowest price. I bought a prop last year form a dealer here and probably could have got one for less elsewhere. I just heard so many good things that I wanted to support a dealer. Bought my used '05 from a different dealer. Then bought some accessories there too. I know what it takes to float a business. Everyone needs to make money. If I looked back and felt that I got screwed, I'd choose not to go back to that store/ dealer again.

Very fine points in these paragraphs.