PDA

View Full Version : No dealer near western MA?

jss101
09-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Ok, who out there keeps their MC near western Massachusetts? I'm having trouble finding a good dealer / service place for winterizing, etc.

I bought my 205V at Action Marine in Webster, MA. They are nice people and I got a good deal on the boat, but I've been disappointed with the service department.

Last year I used a place called G & R Marine in Windsor, CT, but they don't appear to be a MC dealer anymore. The Mastercraft website doesn't come up with them anymore, and their website doesn't mention Mastercraft anymore. Of course I could still bring it there, but...

Anyone in the area know a good place?
The MC website wants me to go to Pembroke, which is really way way way way way not convenient! :mad:

Thanks!!!

Jerseydave
09-06-2007, 10:08 PM
How far are you from Lake George, NY? That dealer is Castaway marina. I think Total marine is in RI.

tommcat
09-06-2007, 10:14 PM
i'm in springfield but do all my own work so i guess that doesnt help but i know someone recently posted about a new dealer around here. sorry i cant think of the name right now

BuoyChaser
09-06-2007, 10:17 PM
check out http://www.nefwm.com/

some testimonials here http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13181

tommcat
09-06-2007, 10:20 PM
thats the one

tex
09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Move south...the people are a lot nicer!

jaysus
09-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Ok, who out there keeps their MC near western Massachusetts? I'm having trouble finding a good dealer / service place for winterizing, etc.

I bought my 205V at Action Marine in Webster, MA. They are nice people and I got a good deal on the boat, but I've been disappointed with the service department.

Last year I used a place called G & R Marine in Windsor, CT, but they don't appear to be a MC dealer anymore. The Mastercraft website doesn't come up with them anymore, and their website doesn't mention Mastercraft anymore. Of course I could still bring it there, but...

The MC website wants me to go to Pembroke, which is really way way way way way not convenient! :mad:

Thanks!!!

JSS101- We are doing what we can to service the customers that have purchased MC's in the past in MA and are not within close proximity to the new location. Recently we have met some MC owners that decided to take the drive from the western part of the state and they were very happy they did. We specialize in MC only and have the turn-around on service that we desired as owners ourselves.

We are looking at potential locations to serve our Western Ma MC owners, but we can't promise anything right away. We have been to the Oxbow shows and are looking to get more involved in the western part of the state. We understand the expectations of a MasterCraft owner and want to make service more convenient...we want to fulfill that need, it's just going to take some time.

If I can be of service, please don't hesitate to call me directly. We'd like the opportunity to earn your business.

Jay Guthro
NE Freshwater Marine Inc.
781 829 9940
jay@nefwm.com

jss101
09-06-2007, 10:39 PM
How far are you from Lake George, NY? That dealer is Castaway marina. I think Total marine is in RI.

Thanks, but it's kinda far. 'bout a 5 hour drive...

jss101
09-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Move south...the people are a lot nicer!

I've heard that! :D

jss101
09-06-2007, 10:40 PM
JSS101- We are doing what we can to service the customers that have purchased MC's in the past in MA and are not within close proximity to the new location. Recently we have met some MC owners that decided to take the drive from the western part of the state and they were very happy they did. We specialize in MC only and have the turn-around on service that we desired as owners ourselves.

We are looking at potential locations to serve our Western Ma MC owners, but we can't promise anything right away. We have been to the Oxbow shows and are looking to get more involved in the western part of the state. We understand the expectations of a MasterCraft owner and want to make service more convenient...we want to fulfill that need, it's just going to take some time.

If I can be of service, please don't hesitate to call me directly. We'd like the opportunity to earn your business.

Jay Guthro
NE Freshwater Marine Inc.
781 829 9940
jay@nefwm.com

Thanks! Maybe I'll make the trek to see you folks.

tex
09-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Do I need to bring up the women?

jss101
09-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Do I need to bring up the women?

Nope! Just post photos!
:D

tex
09-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Nope! Just post photos!
:D
What is understood, need not be discussed!

jaysus
09-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Tex-

If you want to bring up the women.

We'll bring the boats w/loaded coolers!

jss101
09-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks, but it's kinda far. 'bout a 5 hour drive...
Oops. I blew it. :o I dunno what I was thinking. Must be the vodka tonics! It's really only about 2 1/2 hrs. Still a little far for going in for service, but not completely out of the question.

JohnE
09-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Jay will take good care of you if you are willing to take the drive to Pembroke. For just winterization though, I'd be inclined to let the local shop that winterized it last year do it.

Flatwaterfooter
09-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Whatever happened to Gauch Marina (Ithink that was the name) in the worcester area

jaysus
09-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Maybe we can set up a Western MA MC winterization day somewhere in your neighborhood?

Fall in Western MA.. a small winter rendezvous maybe? -Jay

tommcat
09-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Move south...the people are a lot nicer!i'll stay up here, we dont have amoebas

alp
09-07-2007, 05:31 PM
jss101,
A few skiers here in southeastern CT have had great experiences with Castaway Marina in Lake George.

jcbatt
09-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Inland Inboards in New Milford, CT has treated me very well. About and hour and a half from you Springfield.

TMCNo1
09-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Inland Inboards in New Milford, CT has treated me very well. About and hour and a half from you Springfield.
On a trip to Milford, CT to visit TT member kas, in 2003, we visited them right after they had opened the dealership. Great people, nice facility!

jss101
09-12-2007, 05:34 PM

Sounds like a good lead. Thanks. I'll look them up.

jcbatt
09-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Inland's number is 860-354-3363, and talk to Rob.

jss101
09-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Inland's number is 860-354-3363, and talk to Rob.

I've tried calling him a few times and just get the recording. He hasn't called me back.

What kind of a shop is it? They're listed as an Indmar dealer. Are they basically an engine shop? Or a boat dealer? A repair place? Just curious.