PDA

View Full Version : storage dilema

point1234
09-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Right now I store my boat in a big warehouse type of building. Huge overhead door and a very wide door. I never have to take down my tower which is very nice. The only thing that I do not like about it is that it is very dusty and the roof leaks alittle. I just keep the boat covered. I pay 54 dollars a month right now and it is going up as the first of the year. Also with winter coming up the pack the builing full of toys and iam parked in till spring.

Now I have an option to getting another place which has a smaller door 10 feet wide and 10 foot tall door and 25 feet deep. Ill feel a tad bit more secure in this new builiding and it will be cleaner for the boat. Rent in this building is 55 dollars a month.

should I go with a smaller cleaner building. or stay with convience of a big building.

justinlkgb
09-06-2007, 01:51 PM
IF it were me, I would for sure go with the smaller building. Less likelyhood of theft, dammage, and mice.

Where do you find storage for 55 a month:eek: :eek3:

Do the buildings have concrete floors?

Maybe could wrap the boat after its covered. Same stuff dealers use

limegreen
09-06-2007, 01:57 PM
yea the smaller one sounds nicer. pulling down the tower or dropping the platform off is no big deal really (if you need to). in my garage I have to pull down the tower, remove platform, fold away tongue, remove guide poles to get it in... takes like 15 minutes.

TMCNo1
09-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Let Ric tell you about home garages, he's seen them all!

point1234
09-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey thanks for the responses. Where I store now the floor is some type of gravel. And the smaller space is concrete I believe. Iam leaning towards the smaller space now Iam just waiting for the call back.

The storage is just north of Madison in Waunakee.