PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Force Bindings

MMCCAR12
09-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Thinking of buying a pair of Liquid Force Transit or Watson bindings. Does anyone have any comments ?

justinlkgb
09-06-2007, 10:36 AM
I have this years watsons, CT, all black.. I was riding a pair of ultra sucs last year and always went home with pain in my legs, not anymore, the footbed is so soft and supportive. The dual lace really holds well, hardly any heel lift. Dont have much to say about the other boot other than I tried them on, but went with CT instead. I think they are very similar. :twocents:

MMCCAR12
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
The Transits seem to fit my heel area better but they have the same foot bed. They are soft. The landings should be nice.

rrbooker
09-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I love my Transit Bindings. They are easy on and off, and you can get them as tight as you want! Its not worth paying for the watson name, plus i thought they felt alot better than the watsons! The open toe ones. They are a stiff binding and you won't come out when you fall!

endl
09-06-2007, 11:04 AM
My son has 06 Watson's and he loves them. He is only 8 so I have to to help him get them on and off, and they are easy. They snug up very tight and you can adjust them. They are also made very well, grab handles on front and rear are nice.

Doug G
09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I love my CWB hinge techs (faction, zeus). If I was shopping bindings I would try those out as well.

SteveO
09-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I have the 07 Watson's and love them. Had some ~04 Era ? and hated them cause I would come out the toes. The control and comfort with the closed toes is awesome.

beatle78
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I have the '07 Watson OT and I LOVE them!!

Don't get the '06 Watson's b/c they were notorious for ripping in half if you took a hard fall.

I've taken a few really good falls with the watson and only popped out of the bindings once...... but I deserved to come on on that one OUCH!!!

They are SOOOO comfortable and easy to put on dry :)

76S&S
09-06-2007, 11:59 AM
One of my boys uses the Transit and he loves them.

I really don't think you can go wrong these days as long as you stay in the higher range of bindings.

onlyinboards
09-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I have transits and love them too. comfy, snug but release well when needed. Would highly recommend.

swatguy
09-06-2007, 02:18 PM
If you are looking Watsons or Transits (I would also throw Shanes in there) and are a above average rider stay away from 06's. Lots of problems they had a couple bad batches.

As far as 07's I would def throw The Shanes in the mix. They just gripped my foot a little better than the Watsons. I went open toe after demoing both OT and Closed. Just didn't like the occasional toe jam as I don't stomp every trick I land. They closed toes def give you a much better response on your board though. There is a huge difference between the liners of the Transits and the Shanes/Watsons. I think after you put on the Watsons of Shanes it will be hard not to go with them. SUPER CUSHY LIKE SLIPPERS. The liners of the Sanes and Watsons are full wrap arounds, where as the liner of the Transits is a 2 piec so to speak. Not any better of worse just for me the Shanes/Watsons lliners just didn't even feel like they were on my feet.

If you are thinking CWB Factions DEf demo them as they are by far one of the most aggressive forward leaning bindings on the market. Great for riders who ride with a knee's bent style. Just a total different style than me.

tommcat
09-06-2007, 02:24 PM
i have last years Transits. extremely confortable and i love them. one of my buddies though cant stand using them because he is used to a low binding.

if you like the feel of a snowboard boot you'll love 'em

beatle78
09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
oh yah, my brother bought a pair of '07 Shanes OT and they are just as stiff as my Watson's. I think the "stiffness" difference of those 2 bindings are a myth.

swatguy
09-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Beatle I would agree on that. The Shanes and Watsons seemed the same. But hey great marketing ploy :)

I Am not sure as I didn't match them up to closely but if I recall the watsons have just a little. I mean a little more height to the cuff. They are also a bit wider. But stiffness is next to negligible for sure

Also not sure if MMCCAR12 is looking at the open toes only. The closed toes ride way different. So I would def try and demo a set of CT's You may like them. I only know of two people out of about 20 that tried them that went with open toes after the fact. 1 ME and 2 another guy in my crew. I am still pushing my riding and learning new invert variations like whirly's and crow mobes. Not always stomping the landings. I have a tendency to land at 90's so my foot shoots up to the front of binding. Not so nice on the toes, but man did I love the Closed toe ride and feel. If I had my tricks more dialed I would go closed toe. Especially here in the Midwest. Keeps your toes toasty in the early yr and end of yr sets.

beatle78
09-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Beatle I would agree on that. The Shanes and Watsons seemed the same. But hey great marketing ploy :)

I Am not sure as I didn't match them up to closely but if I recall the watsons have just a little. I mean a little more height to the cuff. They are also a bit wider. But stiffness is next to negligible for sure

Also not sure if MMCCAR12 is looking at the open toes only. The closed toes ride way different. So I would def try and demo a set of CT's You may like them. I only know of two people out of about 20 that tried them that went with open toes after the fact. 1 ME and 2 another guy in my crew. I am still pushing my riding and learning new invert variations like whirly's and crow mobes. Not always stomping the landings. I have a tendency to land at 90's so my foot shoots up to the front of binding. Not so nice on the toes, but man did I love the Closed toe ride and feel. If I had my tricks more dialed I would go closed toe. Especially here in the Midwest. Keeps your toes toasty in the early yr and end of yr sets.

Thanks for the tip, but lately I've been trying to get to that next level..... 3's and BS HS 180's and I fall a LOT! I think it would end up with the same toe jams as you :noface:

Yah, I think you were right about the height, but we got different sizes so it's hard to tell. The changes are so minimal that the avreage rider would never be able to tell the difference IMHO

MMCCAR12
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I just bought the Transits @ $229.00. I will go to the CT on my next set.
Putting them on a 2006 PARKS HYPERLITE BOARD. Will still ride my TFD HYPERLITE with Belmonts until they die, then go CT.

Tryed on the Watsons and Shane CT and they felt loose in the heel. The Transit fit me better all around.

Thanks everyone

swatguy
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Happy riding ENJOY!

WESSTAR
09-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I have the watsons from last year and they are great I was told that this years are even better.

swchopper
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
I love my CWB hinge techs (faction, zeus). If I was shopping bindings I would try those out as well.

CWB Hinge Techs are the ONLY way to go!!! I have faction and will never go back to "traditional" bindings8p

lucas31363
09-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Im looking at some of the ronix,they look really nice.

anybody have experience with them?

87MCProstar
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I finally upgraded from the ultra sucs to the alphas, best bindings i have ever worn. I'm pretty sure the transits are not that much different. got leftovers off ebay for 100 bucks

PaulW
09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Got my 06 transits this year and love them, son had the 05, and then got the 07. He loves the 07's

parks_jr_55
09-06-2007, 09:12 PM
My cousin is a designer for LF and he got me some Byerlys and they are awesome

beatle78
09-07-2007, 08:46 AM
My cousin is a designer for LF and he got me some Byerlys and they are awesome

Isn't Byerly a Hyperlite guy?:confused:

parks_jr_55
09-11-2007, 12:34 AM
whops i mean bonifays...my bad ha...they are the 06's...whtie with the closed toe

beatle78
09-11-2007, 07:57 AM
whops i mean bonifays...my bad ha...they are the 06's...whtie with the closed toe

hehe, now that makes more sense. My brother just bought the '07 Shane OT. Man they look SWEET!!!

ksmaristar91
09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Have the 07 transits, love them, try a fish out for fun with them!!