PDA

View Full Version : Chicago MasterCraft and Erkoehler

Sodar
09-05-2007, 09:45 PM
I am not one to give huge praises or pat someone on the back very often, but Eric at Chicago MasterCraft really does deserve it!

Since negociations for my new boat began last November, Eric has truly been first class and completely accomodating. To say that I am an easy customer is far from realistic and to say I am anal and relentless is dead on. Little issues, like having my tower light lense fly off while towing have been handled quickly and without question. I cannot describe how hard this guy works. Many times I get calls from him in the evening Cali-time, only to ask him what he is up to and him stating "I am just getting ready to leave the shop" or "I just delivered a customers boat for him, so he can use it for his morning ski run tomorrow morning."

As some know, my water hose broke on Monday morning. I posted in a thread about my hose breaking Tuesday morning and Wednesday a new hose arrives at my doorstep without even a peep from Eric.... he just did it!

Thanks Again for everything Eric! You have made owning this boat a pleasure and dealing with you has been nothing short of first class!

THANKS ERIC!

Footin
09-05-2007, 09:47 PM
The Putz does a good job.

PaulW
09-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Eric is loved by all

KnoxX2
09-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Eric knows what true customer service is and he should get praise.

Last year when I was trying to get my PP installed (doing it my self) I ran into a problem and called Eric (I had not posted much on here at that time and did I mention that I was not a customer of his). He did not know me from Adam! He jumped right in and tryed everything to help me out.

I can truely say I am looking FWD to meeting him at MMIII and shaking his hand.

Ok now I will get off my soap box!!!!!!!!!!!!

swatguy
09-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Since I am A Chicago MC customer.... will go ahead and chime in. The people in that dealership are all top notch. Go the extra mile for sure. Everyone there is either into wakeboarding or skiing with a passion and they throw the greatest and hugest events here in chicago area. Huge promoters of their product and sport.

Would also like to than Erik for getting me dialed with the center sac. Thanks bro. Got it all hooked up and it seems to be working great with that extra hose. Thanks again I am sure once my girls get a bit older and we need more room for their Friends I will be upgrading for sure. So another shout out for the for sure.

tex
09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
He's come a long way since his I'm buying a boat thread! That is great to hear and keep up the great work Erk!

LakePirate
09-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Seriously, you couldn't have waited until after MMIII to do this. I mean seriously.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Man...I love hearing things like this! It's great to hear stories about dealers/people that realize these things are our stress relievers and a major source of our happiness. We all need to realize that dealers need to make money and it makes it easier when you have service like the stories above.

Congrats to you, Eric, and MC of Chicago!

Leroy
09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Just think if the summer camp had worked out!

Eric is the kind of guy that will end up owning MC! :D

Maristar210
09-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I wonder if he still has Target on his resume'?

Good job Eric....

Thanks for the Fat Sacs

Hooba Hooba boo wow wow chick chick

jbfootin
09-05-2007, 10:46 PM
OK..if MYMC doesn't want to branch out as far as WI maybe I can get ERK to do it...It seems as though the dealers that participate on this board are more in touch with us owners... Keep up the good work!:toast:

east tx skier
09-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I finally got the chance to speak to Eric in the early phases of selling my boat. Great guy! Very friendly and very helpful.

Rockman
09-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Many times I get calls from him in the evening Cali-time, only to ask him what he is up to and him stating "I am just getting ready to leave the shop"

Sodar,

Don't let him play you like that..."The Shop" is a bar on the Chain of Lakes in Northern IL. ;)

Sodar
09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
The Putz does a good job.

Sodar,

Don't let him play you like that..."The Shop" is a bar on the Chain of Lakes in Northern IL. ;)

You guys are brutal!! :D

Rock, I know that Eric does not go to the bar, because when I went back and saw you boys, we went to that restaurant/bar on the Chain Lakes. Eric would not even have a beer for the christening of my new boat!! :)

Ric
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
proud ofya erk, now answer me about the parts in my PM from a month ago!

erkoehler
09-06-2007, 11:06 AM
proud ofya erk, now answer me about the parts in my PM from a month ago!

If I honestly did miss a PM from you, I apologize. Email me at Eric@riverviewmarine.com and I'll get it taken care of.

bcampbe7
09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I feel sorry for whoever rides down to MMIII with Erik. There won't be much room in the truck with his ego.

J/K Erik...

You're (I used the correct one Doug) good people Erik! :cool: :cool:

east tx skier
09-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Thank you.

Maristar210
09-06-2007, 11:43 AM
hey yo whats up ya foolz wanna go to homecoming? Yeah i knuw you wood

Chicka bow wow boom boom

east tx skier
09-06-2007, 12:06 PM
You can haz cheezburger!

Mag_Red
09-06-2007, 12:24 PM
And just think Jrandol and I were the first to meet him way back when he bought his first boat down in Cincinnati after his infamous "Looking to buy a Mastercraft" thread.:D Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

M-Funf
09-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Naw, that's just the shot of Makers Mark you had 8p

LakePirate
09-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Naw, that's just the shot of Makers Mark you had 8p
Getting ready for Mania are ya Mag?

Workin' 4 Toys
09-07-2007, 08:46 AM
And here all this time I thought Erk only sold sunglasses.:o
Good job on the customer service, keep it up.

sizzler
09-07-2007, 09:11 AM
how we have seen eric blossom.........

RK@UST
09-07-2007, 09:14 AM
OK..if MYMC doesn't want to branch out as far as WI maybe I can get ERK to do it...It seems as though the dealers that participate on this board are more in touch with us owners... Keep up the good work!:toast:
I am on this board. I want to buy a dealership. Where can I ?

erkoehler
09-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I am on this board. I want to buy a dealership. Where can I ?

Think hard before you act on that, it wil consume your summers! I can count the number of times i have been on the water for personal fun on one hand.

I don't own a dealership, but I am sure MYMC or BAWS could give you more first hand experience.

Prostar Rich
09-07-2007, 09:42 AM
I usually handle all of my own maintence work however this spring my boat did have problems where I needed service. I had never had any dealings with Chicago Mastercraft prior and I must say that their service manager Will is top notch. This guy was willing to show me how to do the repair myself. I elected to have him do it but how many times have you gone into any type of dealership and had their service manager show you how to do the repair yourself?

When the time comes for me to take the plunge and purchase another MC they will get my business.

Take care,
Rich Burgess

KnoxX2
09-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Well said Rich..........................Great service goes a long way, when you are going to spend that kinda money.

Thrall
09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
You guys are brutal!! :D

Rock, I know that Eric does not go to the bar, because when I went back and saw you boys, we went to that restaurant/bar on the Chain Lakes. Eric would not even have a beer for the christening of my new boat!! :)

No really, "The Shop" is up there on Pistakee Lake! ;)