PDA

View Full Version : Ski vest

RK@UST
09-05-2007, 03:15 PM
What's your favorite ski vest ?
And then, the best place to buy

TMCNo1
09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Go retro!http://www.allyourhobbies.com/tex201259.htm, The Choice of professionals!

RK@UST
09-05-2007, 08:57 PM
You know, after not seeing any replies , I was wondering if someone was going to come up with that.
I have watched your post, T, and I am cracking up right now.
That , my friend , was good. Thanks. 8p :D ;)

TX.X-30 fan
09-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Go retro!http://www.allyourhobbies.com/tex201259.htm, The Choice of professionals!

The thin, wide external two-strapped ski belts with the Kwik-Snap buckles. Provides freedom of movement and good buoyancy.

Thats what I want in a ski Girdle. :D

RK I think there is a fairly recent thread on vests. :confused:

Anyway I have the outlaw, which is O'Brian I believe. I like the vest but don't want to be stranded in the Atlantic with it. :D

88 PS190
09-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Oneill Outlaw.

Great vest, super light in weight, doesn't hold alot of water.

Not USCG approved. Which technically if someone were to check your vest it wouldn't pass inspection, its a tournament vest and therefore is designed for controlled ski environments.

That said it floats fairly high in the water anyway higher than some other wake vests i've tried.

Oh forgot to mention, big open armholes, no chafing.

Bought mine at Action Watersports, in Hudsonville MI.

ProTour X9
09-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I just saw that they have a "Law", similar to the "Outlaw" but USCG approved. 3 Outlaws in our boat, plus a whole bunch of other 'good' ones. ;)

ski_king
09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Sams and Costco have good prices on neoprene vests. We got a few different brands there and all seem to be good. Never paid over $40 for one and just picked one more up on closeout for $16.00.

The brands vary, have a Jobe, Obrien, and Ocean Pacific.

They are decent vests, but not high end vests.

Maristar210
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I mine from Chris at www.actionwater.com. You can check there other than that I got nothing, sorry...

ski_king
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I just stumbled across 2 of those hidden away in a storage compartment of my mom's travel trailer as I was getting it ready to sell. One was still in the wrapper. My parents liked them to use when swimming in the river.

Hollywood
09-06-2007, 05:01 PM
3 Outlaws in our boat, plus a whole bunch of other 'good' ones. ;)

Same here, awesome vests. I have an O'neill Boost as well, which barely keeps my eyes above water.

88 PS190
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Sams and Costco have good prices on neoprene vests. We got a few different brands there and all seem to be good. Never paid over $40 for one and just picked one more up on closeout for $16.00.

The brands vary, have a Jobe, Obrien, and Ocean Pacific.

They are decent vests, but not high end vests.

There is no comparison between those vests and an oneil outlaw.

The outlaw is lighter, thinner, more flexible, less bulky, bigger arm holes etc.

Those cheap ones the zipper will blow open on in a fall leaving you floundering.

Those are more like tubing, sailing, and cruising vests, fine if you need to meet vest quota, but not fit for slalom skiing.

betsy&david Harrison
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I love the comfort of my Outlaw. Never get vest rash on my arms from it.

H20skeefreek
09-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I skied the course for 3 years with an Ocean Pacific I bought at sams, it was fine, and still is fine as my backup if I forget my other. Also, on cold days, I ski with the OP on the first set and my O'neill on the second. The O'neill is a Boost.

Jesus_Freak
09-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I skied the course for 3 years with an Ocean Pacific I bought at sams, it was fine, and still is fine as my backup if I forget my other. Also, on cold days, I ski with the OP on the first set and my O'neill on the second. The O'neill is a Boost.

What about your third?

H20skeefreek
09-06-2007, 06:15 PM
When it's cold enough to switch vests b/c the first one is too cold, there is no third set....I guess I could pull out the old orange "toilet seat".