PDA

View Full Version : 4 wheeler crash

lakes Rick
03-03-2005, 09:27 PM
You know when you see the guys riding quads or snowmobiles across water it looks pretty easy.. I have proof it isnt.. My doctor wanted to know what a 49 year old is doing acting 20...

bradamerry
03-03-2005, 09:29 PM
You know when you see the guys riding quads or snowmobiles across water it looks pretty easy.. I have proof it isnt.. My doctor wanted to know what a 49 year old is doing acting 20...
How bad is it?? :eek:

Mag_Red
03-03-2005, 09:29 PM
You know when you see the guys riding quads or snowmobiles across water it looks pretty easy.. I have proof it isnt.. My doctor wanted to know what a 49 year old is doing acting 20... So how bad is it Rick???? Right now I'm trying to work out some shoulder problems. :mad:

Farmer Ted
03-03-2005, 09:32 PM
So how bad is it Rick???? Right now I'm trying to work out some shoulder problems. :mad:

...switch hands and it'll go away in a day or two. or so I hear

Mag_Red
03-03-2005, 09:34 PM
...switch hands and it'll go away in a day or two. or so I hear :uglyhamme That's exactly what my trainer at the gym said.........that was before the break up. :rolleyes:

east tx skier
03-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Rick, hope you're alright.

bradamerry
03-03-2005, 09:46 PM
WIfe let you on tonight Doug??

Hoosier Bob
03-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Stay away from the Cheetos for awhile! :uglyhamme :uglyhamme That's exactly what my trainer at the gym said.........that was before the break up. :rolleyes:

east tx skier
03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
WIfe let you on tonight Doug??

Along with DSL, we got a 4-wired/4wireless 2.4 ghz router. We're both on right now.

Hoosier Bob
03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Took the big header in November on the dirt bike. Shoulder and of course head. I saw the curtain close and open! Shoulder hurt but a ton of military presses later and it feels much better. I am sure this can make it worse but for me with numerous MX/BBall/SKI injuries it only makes me feel better! Shoulders have given me trouble due to the fact that at a 60-70 mph get off they get a lot of abuse! Good luck! :cool: You know when you see the guys riding quads or snowmobiles across water it looks pretty easy.. I have proof it isnt.. My doctor wanted to know what a 49 year old is doing acting 20...

bradamerry
03-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Along with DSL, we got a 4-wired/4wireless 2.4 ghz router. We're both on right now.
Cool, now we know you don't go to sleep @ 7pm. :uglyhamme

BriEOD
03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Sorry Ricky, hope your alright man! Rub some dirt on it.

east tx skier
03-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Cool, now we know you don't go to sleep @ 7pm. :uglyhamme

Nah, we're both usually up until midnight. Baby will surely change that.

lakes Rick
03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
The doc told me I hurt some ligament in my shoulder, a common football ailment,... Should be OK. The rest of the hurts are just bruises and scrapes.. NEVER let any one tell you that landing in sand will cushion your fall.....

I and some friends ride over at Florence OR on the sand dunes.. Been riding there since 81... We were watching some young guys hit one of the small lakes that get created out in the dunes during winter, and they were hauling rear and skimming across the top of the water for maybe 200 feet to the other side. Pretty impressive, especially the 2 wheeler.... I have seen this on tv with snowmobiles before but never with quads or dirt bikes..

OK, I know what you are thinking and no I was not stupid enough to try this, even though it was being made to look easy... I know I am not 20 anymore... BUT

On the way back to the truck I came across some smaller pond like lakes, maybe 10 feet across and thought "this should be no problem".. WRONGO.. All I remember is hitting it and the bike kinda stopped tipped on its side and threw me off... I remember playing like a playground ball bouncing along on the ground next to my wheeler, and then being in a daze, lying on the ground with my breath knocked out of me hurting real bad.. I then heard a female voice asking me if I was OK and saying I wasnt sure.. My buddy turned around and had come back looking for me saying all he first saw was my wheeler sitting on its side with the front tire sticking up in the air... He said I was lying there with two PRETTY woman ( only good looking ones we saw that day) with my glasses sticking out of my helmet crooked, covered with sand and water all over me... I must of blacked out a little ( it was a pretty good wreck at about 30 plus)....

Unfortunately the good looking womens boyfriends came riding up and left after I got up and groggily looked around.. Somehow my bike has 0 damage ( suzuki Z-400) and I made it back to camp... Cold, wet, covered with sand, sand impacted inside my helmet...

mgurley
03-04-2005, 11:31 AM
AC ligament? (AC is short for some extremely long word I do not remember)

bcampbe7
03-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Could be thinking of Acromioclavicular ligament or the Coracoclavicular ligaments.

mgurley
03-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Could be thinking of Acromioclavicular ligament or the Coracoclavicular ligaments.

May be right, can't remember exactly, :confused: I do have some experience with football injuries. Probably a few too many bumbs on the head is why I can't remember.

BriEOD
03-06-2005, 10:29 AM
The doc told me I hurt some ligament in my shoulder, a common football ailment,... Should be OK. The rest of the hurts are just bruises and scrapes.. NEVER let any one tell you that landing in sand will cushion your fall.....

I and some friends ride over at Florence OR on the sand dunes.. Been riding there since 81... We were watching some young guys hit one of the small lakes that get created out in the dunes during winter, and they were hauling rear and skimming across the top of the water for maybe 200 feet to the other side. Pretty impressive, especially the 2 wheeler.... I have seen this on tv with snowmobiles before but never with quads or dirt bikes..

OK, I know what you are thinking and no I was not stupid enough to try this, even though it was being made to look easy... I know I am not 20 anymore... BUT

On the way back to the truck I came across some smaller pond like lakes, maybe 10 feet across and thought "this should be no problem".. WRONGO.. All I remember is hitting it and the bike kinda stopped tipped on its side and threw me off... I remember playing like a playground ball bouncing along on the ground next to my wheeler, and then being in a daze, lying on the ground with my breath knocked out of me hurting real bad.. I then heard a female voice asking me if I was OK and saying I wasnt sure.. My buddy turned around and had come back looking for me saying all he first saw was my wheeler sitting on its side with the front tire sticking up in the air... He said I was lying there with two PRETTY woman ( only good looking ones we saw that day) with my glasses sticking out of my helmet crooked, covered with sand and water all over me... I must of blacked out a little ( it was a pretty good wreck at about 30 plus)....

Unfortunately the good looking womens boyfriends came riding up and left after I got up and groggily looked around.. Somehow my bike has 0 damage ( suzuki Z-400) and I made it back to camp... Cold, wet, covered with sand, sand impacted inside my helmet...

Glad to hear you'll be ok Rick.

Leroy
03-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes, then you'll be trying to sleep any chance you get! Actually as long as you go natural you responsibility is much smaller for the first year or so.

Nah, we're both usually up until midnight. Baby will surely change that.

bradamerry
03-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes, then you'll be trying to sleep any chance you get! Actually as long as you go natural you responsibility is much smaller for the first year or so.
Correct, Leroy!!! But I got lucky, I let Brandy quit work for the first three years :banana: :woohoo: , I got to sleep like a baby!!

jimmer2880
03-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Sounds like something for real tv....

Glad you're ok. wish I could have seen it.

Leroy
03-07-2005, 08:39 AM
That's smart. However that leads to things like my wife hasn't worked in 14 years! I think one parent should be home, just times I wish it were me!

Correct, Leroy!!! But I got lucky, I let Brandy quit work for the first three years :banana: :woohoo: , I got to sleep like a baby!!