PDA

View Full Version : Tubing With an Extended Pylon

brat
09-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Anyone have any experience towing a tube with an extended pylon ?

Rich_G
09-04-2007, 11:08 PM
This is a joke, right? I've been away for a week so maybe this is an inside joke.

If not, don't even think about it.

Maristar210
09-04-2007, 11:10 PM

You should do that with a Wego Kite Tube. The higher the better !!!!!!

Don't forget to open her up:mad:

bcampbe7
09-04-2007, 11:13 PM

This is considered an extreme form of tubing and should not be attempted by amateurs!

Pro tubers, and the like, only. You may want to PM Toober Tom. He is the resident expert on such extreme sports.

_

TheOneandOnly
09-04-2007, 11:14 PM
makes for an intresting and exciting ride :)

Prostar in Michigain
09-04-2007, 11:31 PM
guys hes a newbie give him a break even tho it is a dumb question

LakePirate
09-04-2007, 11:35 PM
If it were me I would pull 3 toobs 1 off the extended pylon and one off of each of the 2 booms that you have as well. You could call it Toob Wars.

Footin
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
He should come to MagMania to power tube with UMP.

123src
09-04-2007, 11:58 PM
I am proud to say I have never attempted this extreme sport.

I must also add that while camping a couple of weeks ago at a local lake, I had the pleasure of meeting a true toob fanatic. Yep... he loved 'em. It was the only water sport accessory they had in the boat. I was delighted when, over many drinks, he explained to me the sheer joy of getting up early in the morning, looking out over the glassy water, and hopping on the toob. He explained to me that there is no feeling like a whip across glass water. ( I started daydreaming about the whistle my ski fin sometimes makes when turning on glass water) THEN, the guy gets my attention back by telling me how angry he gets when he see's other boats coming to "screw up his water". I thought maybe it was the whiskey making me think he said what he said, but he beat me to the water the next morning...

This whole experience made me look at things from another's viewpoint. I can not count the times I have been standing on my swim platform with one foot in a boot, rope in hand, and I am just waiting to slide the other foot in... When along comes a (insert water sporter you hate) to "screw up my water". It has always annoyed me to know end. It seems like they have an alarm on their boat that lets them know as soon as a slalom ski is slipped on.

I guess we all love the glass. You just have to be the first/last one to be on the lake/ river to really enjoy it. I had NO idea. I guess we all just have to get along. I can't wait to hear the explination of why the wave runners LOVE to shred huge S turns on glass water. Maybe the water sings to them as well, who knows.

Doug G
09-05-2007, 12:01 AM
If it were me I would pull 3 toobs 1 off the extended pylon and one off of each of the 2 booms that you have as well. You could call it Toob Wars.

Call my stoopid but I re-read that twice and can't get past the "you know that might just be fun" followed by "here we come you tube" :D

I have been having some challenges driving to give good air off the double up with the tube.. the boom might help ... Just sayin

LakePirate
09-05-2007, 12:09 AM
It would probably be quite "nasty" for the rider. And when you turn the boom will raise helping with lift.

Doug G
09-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Yup that could raise extreme toobing to another level :D Might be fun for the high speed sling shot too

Leroy
09-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Youtube has some great educational videos....
For tubing tricks you may want to master these first!
My all time favorite, if your buddy can do this, WOW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMzBmnwLlqw&mode=related&search=
Funny but amateurs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7sKixDFbK0

For the kite tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P5P-FTg81Y

For you question I think it will depend on how well the extended pylon is secured. Tubes can pull a lot more than a wakeboarder in many circumstances and I've never heard of anyone pulling tubes from the extended pylon but sure it has happended.....

Doug G
09-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Great now I have to find glass to go tubing ....

swatguy
09-05-2007, 12:52 PM
HAHAHAA

Funny stuff guys. I have actually launched some people of triple and double ups. IT's insane. All about timing. As for tubing off your extended pylon. DEF A NONO Tubing puts an insane amount of stress on that with the snaps and powerturns. Just as it's not wise to tube from the tower same for high pole as well. You will pay for it if it is something you do alot for sure. Not good on the boat from the tower or high pole. Much worse on the high pole.

Bruce
09-05-2007, 01:01 PM
swatguy is right. The stress and strain is unreal! I had a "Doc Rail" ski tow mounted on my outboard boat that was braced, supported, back blocked etc. Pulling a tube destroyed it!

TMCNo1
09-05-2007, 01:54 PM
A 20' piece of 3" PVC over the factory aluminum pylon and some Great Stuff foam to fill up the gap, (22) truckstop 4' bungee cords from the top of the PVC to the bow eye and Toober Tom told me he was good to go. I hear you need the whip to set Toobin' World Records!:cool: :D

TMCNo1
09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
And don't forget the awesome Toob Around the Boat Tricks you can pull off!

Tourney Team 197
09-05-2007, 02:02 PM
And don't forget the awesome Toob Around the Boat Tricks you can pull off!
:uglyhamme

H20skeefreek
09-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but am surprised at the negative responses. When there's a toob behind my boat (maybe once or twice a year at best, not at all this year) it's attached to the extended pylon. The only reason I ever pull a toob is b/c I've got some other family on the boat, and there would be nowhere to set if I pulled off the regular pylon.

tex
09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
When I pull Phat Kat, he always likes it on the tower!

tones03
09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I've done it, but I wont do it again, watching the pylon move as much as it did scared the crap out of me. When I did do it though you could get those toobers some crazy air and some hard falls. Do it at your own risk, I think the people that warned against it are right tho, IMO.

Monte
09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Just FYI check the warning on the tube...

Basically don't pull from a tower or an extended pylon..

TMCNo1
09-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Just FYI check the warning on the tube...

Basically don't pull from a tower or an extended pylon..

Party Pooper!:D

Rich_G
09-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I see guys on my lake pulling 2 tubes from the tower of their high-end wakeboard boats all the time. If you have a late model boat with a factory mounted tower, it is so over-engineered it is probably OK. A tower gives front-to-back AND side-to-side support.

An extended pylon gives very little side-to-side support. If you did nothing but pull a tube in a straight line it might be allright, but if you sling them out to the side it could be trouble. Plus, the leverage caused by the extension is a greater force than the pylon was designed to handle. Don't most boats have a tow point on the back of the boat. I thought that was for tubes.