PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 2007 X-2 closed cooling problems?

KJAECKIN
09-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Anyone having problems with their closed cooling systems with the MCX? I have one that is giving me a real headache. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 07:24 PM
What's it doing?:popcorn: :popcorn:

KJAECKIN
09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Its overheating real bad. I have tried everything. I was just looking to see if anyone had a similar setup with any problems?

Sodar
09-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I had closed cooling on my LT-1 (Should me an identical setup) and never had any issues. As long as your circulating pump, raw water pump, thermostat are working and your coolant level is full, there is no reason for it to malfunction. Who made your CC system? Was it factory or dealer added? Has is had problems since you got it, or is it a recent issue? Have you looked at cleaning out the heat exchanger? Are you sure it is not a faulty sensor?

KJAECKIN
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
We've gone through everything, sometimes twice. The system in factory installed from MasterCraft. This problem has been going on for a couple of months now. We have had the entire heat exchanger pulled and cleaned.

Sodar
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Who is doing the work? Where on the West Coast are you? Is it a Saltwater Series Boat?

TMCNo1
09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
It may be time to consider a trip to the dealer for his trained techs to check it out.

Prostar19
09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
a lot of times on the closed cooling systems espically with a heater the system needs to be burped to be sure there is no air in the system. Sounds like this could be your issue

KJAECKIN
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
We have burped the system but the poblem still persists. Yes, the boat is a saltwater series boat.

Prostar19
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
is it overheating all the time or just at idle

Sodar
09-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Take it to the dealer... if it is an '07, it is under warranty. Report back with what they find was the issue, since it seems that you have done everything anyone mentions.

KJAECKIN
09-05-2007, 03:29 PM
The boat is overheating mainly at wide open.

wakescene
09-10-2007, 11:54 AM
KJAECKIN,
Only during WOT? Have you/they checked for debris in the tranny cooler? I had something similar. Slow speeds (under 25mph was fine, but over 25 the motor got real hot, 190-200degrees, but once slowed it cooled down. Never an overheat. Turned out to be some debris in the screen in the tranny cooler.

On a related note...Not sure if they fixed this but on my 2001 LTR motor with closed cooling, the overflow from the heat exchanger just dumped into the bilge. It's supposed to be a closed system but never was. I decided that adding a overflow kit to the system would be a good idea. Works well but more importantly it allows the coolant to remain in the system and keep the temp regulated. Since I added it, I have not lost any coolant. Low coolant will produce similar results as you have described.

mark welsh
11-11-2008, 05:46 AM
Hi Guys

I think i might have the same problem with a 2007X2SS we have drained the system and removed any air and the problem has returned. As soon as we have been running for 20 mins the engine is warm and expansion has occured we sit at idle and the temp rockets upwards.Anybody got any ideas?

MC X-15
11-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Had a similiar problem on my 08 X-15. what we did to fix the problem is burb the system, many times. That worked for the most part, still had to watch the temp though. It would climb at idle speeds. Then we pressure tested the engine to see if antifreeze was leaking anywhere. After the pressure test the problem was fixed, never found an exact issure but the pressure test fixed what ever was wrong, dealer couldnt believe it.

Waterski-Marcoisland
11-11-2008, 09:09 AM
You have to burp the system at above 1200 rpm. Also, squeeze all hoses while your burping it, I have had this same problem but with the crusader motor instead

rgardjr1
11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
You have to burp the system at above 1200 rpm. Also, squeeze all hoses while your burping it, I have had this same problem but with the crusader motor instead

Is burping just taking the cap off the coolant reservoir? I'm probably going to have to burp mine in the spring since I let a bunch of coolant out of the heat exchanger when I did my winterization.

Waterski-Marcoisland
11-11-2008, 11:40 PM
no you will have to add coolant run at 1200rpm and squeeze all hoses while running

MC X-15
11-12-2008, 08:41 AM
When i burped my engine what i did was, take the cap off the cooling reservoir. Then ran the engine at 1200rpm and watched the air bubble out the top.(do this at the dock by pressing the button on the arm of the throttle to disengage it) u will loose a lot of antifreeze due to overflow so make sure you have some ready to keep topping it off. When the bubbles stop coming from the resevoir (5 mins or so)then fill up the antifreeze until it is full, then return the throttle to normal and you should be good to go oh yeah put the cap back on. And make sure the cap is on tight bc that can also cause overheating problems. I checked my antifreeze everyday to make sure the level was ok. If it keeps going down i would get a pressure test you may have a leak in the lines somewhere. If you have a heater i would check that too. i have heard they cause many problems. Mine seemed to be ok though. Good luck,PM me if you need any help. I know how freaking frustrating it is.