PDA

View Full Version : Yippee! X-Star first time out. Already ordering parts!

swchopper
09-04-2007, 07:18 PM
The money pit begins! As previously reported, last week I put a deposit on an 05 X-Star. I picked it up 7 hours away in PHX and got home sunday. (thats a whole adventure in itself. 2 trailer tire blow outs. 7 hour trip took almost 15 hours!)

Anyways, got boat out. 450 hp rocks!!! I love it, and its not even close to propped right for my altitude. So the money spending begins.
I just ordered an OJ XMP edge prop (im at 6000 ft.) cant wait to feel it. Also ordered a '06 version rudder and rudder box. + heavy duty impellers for the ballasts (center one is not working)

I cant wait to see how it is with all these upgrades. I got a deal on this boat, so I guess I can spend a lil on it to get it tuned perfectly.

I have to admit, just 5 months ago I said "who would be stoopid enough to spend $x on a boat, especially one with a "name". Well, I must admit, I love it and have now made that "stoopid" decision, and very proud of it:D

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Congrats and I am sure you will be very happy with the up grades.

swatguy
09-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Congrats.

Enjoy.......lets see some pics You now own a massive wake throwing machine.

swchopper
09-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I know I need pics. For some reason, every time Im on the water, I dont think of it. will work on it.

magnum
09-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Just wondering how you like the x-star with the 450HP engine, do you feel like it is to large of an engine or you have plenty of power when you need it. what is the top speed with that engine ? what about gas consumption?

jmmcalpin
09-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Where did you get the heavy duty ballast impellers? Does the dealer have them or do you have to order them special , I have replaced a half a dozen already.... thanks

swchopper
09-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I love the 450 hp engine. But I am at 6000 ft. altitude, so I need all the power I can get. I'm kind of a motorhead, so for me, their is never too much power. As for top speed, etc. I don't have it propped correctly yet, so I couldn't tell ya. I got like 43 MPH on the lake monday, but have no hole shot, so that will change.

Heavy duty impellers. Don't know if thats the right term, but from what I understand, in '06, they made heavier duty ballast impellers than in '05. So the MC dealer is giving me 06 impellers. (at least thats my understanding)

Jerseydave
09-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Just ask for the yellow ballast pump impellers, they work better than the black ones (softer and more pliable)

The rudder replacement is an easy job, I did mine in about 1 hour on my '05 x-star, didn't even have to replace the rudder box, just the rudder and arm. Steers great.

What pitch prop was standard on the big block x-star?

03 35th Anniversary
09-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Congrats.............

I feel your pain on spending money on a boat to upgrade it..............

My ole lady had a stroke............

Jerseydave
09-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. There really is no end to upgrades on these boats.

Future plans for me include:

FlyHigh ballast system
2 extra Fusion board racks (so I can rack 8 boards)
Heater and shower
Heated seats
Stainless cup holders
I-pod connector for stereo
LED lights for trailer

This is why I work extra-hard in the winter and save money........for the boat of course!