PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Light.

harba
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
The Navigation Light on the bow of my 2004 MC ProStar 197 TT is out. I suspect itís the bulb but I canít access it by reaching inside the hull. One assumption is that the external fixture unscrews to reveal the bulb but it seems to be fastened very tightly and Iím fearful of breaking it, any suggestions on how to repair it? Thanks.

Sodar
09-04-2007, 05:07 PM
There is a little allen head set screw on the back side of the light. Just unscrew this and the stainless steel cover will come off, revealing the bulb.

TX.X-30 fan
09-04-2007, 05:27 PM
There is a little allen head set screw on the back side of the light. Just unscrew this and the stainless steel cover will come off, revealing the bulb.

When you say the backside you mean the backside looking forward or the backside looking back at the backside from the frontside or the back of the frontside while facing back looking at the fronside of the back. :confused: :D :D

harba
09-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks, I’ll give that a try. On the outside chance that you may know the answer to another, off topic, question I thought I’d ask. I lost the brass end cap to my oil exhaust hose. The original equipment has a loop on top of the cap to accommodate a clip so it can be hooked to engine. While I was able to find a replacement cap, I have not been able to locate one with a loop on top. Any ideas on where to find one? I’ve contacted several MC dealers with no success.

Sodar
09-04-2007, 05:33 PM
When you say the backside you mean the backside looking forward or the backside looking back at the backside from the frontside or the back of the frontside while facing back looking at the fronside of the back. :confused: :D

That is TALENT right there!! Are you Dr. Suess? I think you are old enough? :confused:

:D

Sodar
09-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Iíll give that a try. On the outside chance that you may know the answer to another, off topic, question I thought Iíd ask. I lost the brass end cap to my oil exhaust hose. The original equipment has a loop on top of the cap to accommodate a clip so it can be hooked to engine. While I was able to find a replacement cap, I have not been able to locate one with a loop on top. Any ideas on where to find one? Iíve contacted several MC dealers with no success.

You are on your own for that one. My old boat did not have a loop like my new one, so I just zip-tied it up and out of the bilge.

harba
09-04-2007, 05:36 PM
That's what I did as well.

TX.X-30 fan
09-04-2007, 05:40 PM
That is TALENT right there!! Are you Dr. Suess? I think you are old enough? :confused:

:D

Lets not be disrespectful to our elders young man! I'll beat you with the tennis balls on my walker. 8p