PDA

View Full Version : norris lake

Greg Ludwig
09-04-2007, 04:10 PM
water report for norris anyone? going on a trip in two weeks and wanted to see what conditions were like, heard water was low. Staying at sequoya marina. any working courses this year?

norris laker
09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
The water is almost 26 ft below normal. The main channel is fine but some of the coves are getting tight. I don't know about the courses but I would suspect that they are not working this time of year. The water had been dropping about 3 ft. per week but for the past three day the water is only droping about an inch a day.

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Norris Laker what part of the lake you go to?

We have a floating house at Hickory Star!

OhioProstar
09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I was just there this weekend out near Sequoia in the Big Creek area. The water was pretty low, maybe more than 26 feet now. Still a lot of nice water in the morning down towards Whitman Hallow or out past the Dam heading to Twin Coves. The water is very warm and there is plenty of water to be found...just get out early. Saw one working course between Big Creek and Sequoia.

norris laker
09-04-2007, 11:19 PM
I have a cabin about half way between Springs Dock and Flat Hollow.

2RLAKE
09-05-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm up on Race Track Hollow in the Big Creek area ... lake is low and not sure if there are any courses let it or not. TVA said to expect another 10-15 feet ... we got this low in '97 and the lake was full again the next summer so have faith.

There are some low points so be careful ... if you go up big creek towards indian river marina watch that point ... it's shallow and people will lose a prop on it

The guys at Sequoyah are terrific ... tell Jim that you are friends of the MC guys and enjoy the wings.

OhioProstar - was that you staying at Chris's house??

cincinnati_dan
09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
I was up in Flat Hollow over the weekend. Lake is low and getting narrow up there. I was in Big Creek in mid August and at that time the course was not in but someone on the BU forum said he was going to put it in....sounds like he did. There was a course up near Twin Cove Marina (on the in cove on the right as you face the big rock face before you make the last turn to twin cove) when I was up there in early-mid August. It was really tight then so now is probably unusable

Greg Ludwig
09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for updates! will tell Jim hello! This is our 6th year staying there for our fall trip.

TNH2oSkier
09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
The course at Big creek should be in now. It is owned by www.skiersofknoxville.org and they were working on it last weekend. You might want to bring a few extra turn balls just in case.

Prostar19
09-05-2007, 03:20 PM
The lake is at 994 and full pool is 1020. The ski course at Big Creek is in and useable. Provided the jets skis and I/O's I saw going thru it last weekend did not destroy it again. The lake should be fairly quiet now that school has started back in Ohio. Not a slam on the Ohio guys except the Wally's. It is just not as busy when scholl starts back up there

Mag_Red
09-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Geez! Come to Cumberland........we have plenty of water!8p :D