PDA

View Full Version : Just an FYI

MYMC
09-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Since the rumor mill has gotten started on some other boards, I thought I should post a statement to address the facts here (thank you for the indulgence).

Two weeks ago MasterCraft of Charlotte, with the help of NorthPoint Watersports was able to branch out into the Lake Norman area. This should help us provide better service to that lake and increase our sales volume with a more easily accessed location for those that live in that area.

As some of you may know (or have read) NorthPoint was the Correct Craft dealer for the area and has recently parted company with CC. I saw this as an opportunity and we have recently entered into a "cooperative venture", hopefully to the benefit of both our companies. NorthPoint will be attending Dealer Days with us and are enrolling techs in service school...so there is clearly a commitment on their part.

MasterCraft of Charlotte is still here and growing strong. My commitment to the brand is stronger than ever and we look forward to serving the needs of MC owners past, present and future both in person and on-line.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me here or via email. Thank you for your years of support!

Sincerely,
Mike

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Congrats Mike....

JohnE
09-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Congrats Mike. Keep coming North.:D

TMCNo1
09-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Way to go Mike! Thanks for being there for us!

Jesus_Freak
09-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Mike, I look forward to seeing your business influence grow in the SE and eventually beyond. We need more of you.

MYMC
09-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Thank you guys as always...

Ric
09-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Hell I thought you were going to tell us that you were the new Houston dealer

east tx skier
09-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Good luck with the new coop-venture, Mike!

Sodar
09-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Good Luck Mike!

SoCal's local dealerships did a similar "co-op" thing this year at the boat show and I do not think it went over too well. From what I hear though, there was a little animocity between the two dealerships, so that could have been what caused the odd atmosphere at the sales booth.

MYMC
09-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Good Luck Mike!

SoCal's local dealerships did a similar "co-op" thing this year at the boat show and I do not think it went over too well. From what I hear though, there was a little animocity between the two dealerships, so that could have been what caused the odd atmosphere at the sales booth.
None of that here...IMHO they needed a premium ski boat and I needed a better presence in that area...win/win (gotta love marketing cliché)

trickskier
09-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Congratulations and best of luck to you Mike!!!

bcampbe7
09-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Congrats Mike! MasterCraft needs more dealers like you! :cool: :cool:

Granite_33
09-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Dammit!!!

I thought you were going to announce that you were the new Cincinnati Dealer!!:mad: 8p

Congrats on the new venture!

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Congratulations Mike! Wish the best for "y'all"! :cool:

shepherd
09-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Congrats and good luck Mike.

I assume this is the guy you are teaming with? If so, it looks like your new associate cares about his customers and the quality of the product he provides them. Shame on CC, good for MC.

Harvey
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
So mike.....

1) Congratulations, I hope this works out for you.

2) You going to tell us whether it was the chicken or the egg at North Point Watersports?

I didn't think so I just thought I would throw it out there...

Monte
09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Congrats Mike!!

beatle78
09-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Are their really that many problems with the new CCs? Or is it some other reason not mentioned in that letter?

The reason I ask is CC ranks #1 each year for JD Power.

jbfootin
09-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Congrats Mike!

At the next board meeting you should focus on venturing toward WI next!;) :D

We could use a good dealer such as you around here!

JohnE
09-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats and good luck Mike.

I assume this is the guy you are teaming with? If so, it looks like your new associate cares about his customers and the quality of the product he provides them. Shame on CC, good for MC.

That letter really stirred the pot on the CC site. So I heard.;)

east tx skier
09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Are their really that many problems with the new CCs? Or is it some other reason not mentioned in that letter?

The reason I ask is CC ranks #1 each year for JD Power.

I asked the head of the service department of my local dealer this yesterday. His answer was that he has seen only a few more recurring problems in later models primarily due to the increased amounts of electronics used versus ten years ago. But apart from that, he hadn't seen the quality control from the factory deteriorate significantly over the years. In short, he said, if there are problems, they get handled, and everybody moves on. He's been working as a mechanic for CC for fifteen years.

beatle78
09-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I asked the head of the service department of my local dealer this yesterday. His answer was that he has seen only a few more recurring problems in later models primarily due to the increased amounts of electronics used versus ten years ago. But apart from that, he hadn't seen the quality control from the factory deteriorate significantly over the years. In short, he said, if there are problems, they get handled, and everybody moves on. He's been working as a mechanic for CC for fifteen years.

that's what I figured, thanks!

MYMC
09-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Thank you all for the continuing "congratulations"...it really means a lot when you have such good people behind you wishing you well.

Ric
09-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I notice the Mr Mckenzie did not comment one bit regarding whether or not he was the new Houston MC dealer......... :cool:

TX.X-30 fan
09-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I notice the Mr Mckenzie did not comment one bit regarding whether or not he was the new Houston MC dealer......... :cool:

Verrry interesting???????

Ric
09-05-2007, 08:01 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

MYMC
09-06-2007, 10:23 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Would seem to be a bit of a commute...

Doug G
09-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah but I think you have a few choices for pilots to simplify that eh?

Ric
09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Would seem to be a bit of a commute... all the more reason to get that new plane you were looking at:)

MYMC
09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
all the more reason to get that new plane you were looking at:)
You know...I like the way you guys think!

Doug G
09-06-2007, 11:04 AM
That would make it a business expense then to commute... should be write off in there somewhere :D

SkiDog
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Thank you all for the continuing "congratulations"...it really means a lot when you have such good people behind you wishing you well.

They are just buttering you up so you'll host CSM next year!:D :D :D
Just kidding! Congrats man! :cool:

Doug G
09-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey!!!! That kinda takes some of the effectiveness out of the buttering up dontcha think?

Besides ... we are really working on trying to get plane rides ;)

MYMC
09-06-2007, 11:57 AM
CSM #2 is a for sure...no buttering needed. Plane rides are available anytime (weather permitting)...it's no turbo but it does get the job done.

As a teaser I'll post pics of the group I'm taking tonight ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
09-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Hell I thought you were going to tell us that you were the new Houston dealer
You could only be so lucky.

Congrats Mike.

TMCNo1
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
CSM #2 is a for sure...no buttering needed. Plane rides are available anytime (weather permitting)...it's no turbo but it does get the job done.

As a teaser I'll post pics of the group I'm taking tonight ;)

Great to know!
We'll talk in the late fall to get the thread started for CSM '08 early. Maybe we will now be able to draw some MasterCraft owners from the Lake Norman area to add to the Florida Gator hat saga or whatever the peacock captures next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel a tradition has begun here!

Workin' 4 Toys
09-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Great to know!
We'll talk in the late fall to get the thread started for CSM '08 early. Maybe we will now be able to draw some MasterCraft owners from the Lake Norman area to add to the Florida Gator hat saga or whatever the peacock captures next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel a tradition has begun here!
By any chance do you think I will finally get to see a picture of the mysterious pink boat by this event in '08?
I have been looking at the "Did I miss the pink pics" thread daily with hopes to see some of Maeghan and this mysterious pink boat. :D

MYMC
09-07-2007, 03:20 PM
By any chance do you think I will finally get to see a picture of the mysterious pink boat by this event in '08?
I have been looking at the "Did I miss the pink pics" thread daily with hopes to see some of Maeghan and this mysterious pink boat. :D
You would think I had forgotten...but I havent...it will happen, I promise.

Workin' 4 Toys
09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
You would think I had forgotten...but I havent...it will happen, I promise.
You would think, I would think you forgot......Or at least hope I would let it go by now:purplaugh I'll just sit back and wait:popcorn:And look at all of last year's again :love:

JohnE
09-10-2007, 10:53 PM
CSM #2 is a for sure..

Hope the lake is up a foot or so by then....:D

JohnE
09-10-2007, 10:56 PM
You would think, I would think you forgot......Or at least hope I would let it go by now:purplaugh I'll just sit back and wait:popcorn:And look at all of last year's again :love:

Just resign to the fact that you're going to need to attend CSM '08 to see what you want to see.;)

TMCNo1
02-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Is there something new going on here or is this just the rumor mill continuing to do it's thing, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=454453&postcount=1244

MYMC
02-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Is there something new going on here or is this just the rumor mill continuing to do it's thing, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=454453&postcount=1244
Harold, do I need to find you a job?

TX.X-30 fan
02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I heard MYMC has purchased the Charlotte Roller Derby franchise and now will be devoting most of his time to this growing sport!!! :confused:

:D :D

SkiDog
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Harold, do I need to find you a job?
YES, you do!:D Give him a job detailing boats!:D In a bikini!

MYMC
02-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Jeez...thats a bad visual.

BrianM
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Jeez...thats a bad visual.

Yes it is a very bad visual. Unfortunately I caught it on film over Mardi Gras. :eek3:

TMCNo1
02-12-2008, 12:39 PM
:uglyhamme Y'all ain't right, now that's funny!

TMCNo1
02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Yes it is a very bad visual. Unfortunately I caught it on film over Mardi Gras. :eek3:

I can see why he has on a helmet, someone probably tried to beat him to death about the head and shoulders!:D
I bet he knows Brittney!:rolleyes:

MYMC
02-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I heard MYMC has purchased the Charlotte Roller Derby franchise and now will be devoting most of his time to this growing sport!!! :confused:

:D :D
Wow, this news got out too?

Must be all the paparazzi…like D3 and TMCNo1

TMCNo1
02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Wow, this news got out too?

Must be all the paparazzi…like D3 and TMCNo1

Mike, I hope I didn't upset you by making those posts, but I felt you needed to be made aware of what was being said and that was the most polite way I could reason doing it. I read your original thread post here and understood what had taken place already and just wanted you to know, sorry!

MYMC
02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Mike, I hope I didn't upset you by making those posts, but I felt you needed to be made aware of what was being said and that was the most polite way I could reason doing it. I read your original thread post here and understood what had taken place already and just wanted you to know, sorry!
You can always PM or email me when things come up...I have a box full pointing me to D3's post. What upsets me is that I stood around at a boat show for 5 days and then came to the office today and apparently I didnt need to!

TMCNo1
02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks Mike, I understand. No more posting in this thread for me, I'll just read from now on.