PDA

View Full Version : Tensioner Pulley 2001 LTR motor

wakescene
09-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I am looking for the part number for the Tensioner Pulley on the 2001 LTR 330hp motor.

Anyone have information on this part? Is it just a dealer part or could it be sourced thru some other avenue?

wakescene
09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
finally got the part so I wanted to post the info...

Tensioner Wheel LT-1/LTR
s556059.

Not sure if this is a universal part, but I have a 2001 MC 330hp LTR motor for anyone curious.

KG

G-man
09-12-2007, 04:17 PM
you have an Indmar 330hp not an MC

wakescene
09-13-2007, 04:01 PM
well I guess I jsut felt more astute then others when I wrote that, but allow me to rephrase;
Not sure if this is a universal part, but I have a 2001 MC, it has the 330hp LTR motor from that year!

Hunterb
09-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Do you have trouble with that motor chewing up serpentine belts? I have a friend who I think has the same motor and it goes through belts like mad. I'm trying to figure out a fix for it.

Thanks

Bruce

wakescene
09-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Hunterb,
Yes i used to have the problem. I would chew 2-3 belts a season on the edges. I have had belts break on me as well because of it.

To resolve the problem I removed all the pulley's from the motor and ran them thru my wire wheel(bench grinder style). I cleaned them up real good and if there was a rough spot, filed it down smooth. I then painted them over with Rustoleum(sp) based paint. Before I painted them though, I taped off the grooves. Once finished I removed the tape and sprayed a very very light coat of paint into the grooves. This is to protect the grooves but not decrease the depth of them removing the traction the belt would normally have. Took a days work but was worth it. This is the 1st season I have used the boat and I don't have a single fray on this new belt. I also have nearly 150 hours on this belt so it proves the work was well worth it. I will replace the belt in the spring as I normally do, but this time I know I can keep the current belt as a spare incase of emergency.

The toughest pulley to remove was the crank pulley. It's got 3 large SS allen-key (hex-key) bolts that are in there. I ended up using a 3lbs mallot and tapping the allen-key for 50-60 hits per bolt to get it loose enough that I could do it by hand. An impact gun would work much better but my compressor was not working that day!

Feel free to post questions or PM/email me if you want more info.

KG

Hunterb
09-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the reply.

So you found that it was the condition of the pulleys that caused the belt wear? I thought they must be out of line somehow. I'm going to the lake tonight and will look at the condition of the pulleys.

Bruce

ncskier
09-14-2007, 07:08 PM
There is a service bltn for the belt shredding issue. mymc has the details posted here -> http://mymastercraft.com/Forum/view_thread.cfm?postid=5&forum=10&category=2

Has your LTR had the alternator bracket kit installed? If not check the bottom bolt on it to make sure it hasn't sheared off. The alt will slide over just a little when this happens and it appears that the idler pully has lost its "spring"

JimN
09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
The pulleys won't be co-planar. One is offset and that's why the belts go away so fast.