PDA

View Full Version : Water coming up through floorboard

ChazC
09-04-2007, 12:36 AM
I have a 2004 Maristar 230 (whigh I love!). Whenever I am out in the water - - I have a couple spots in the carpet that become soaked and it seems like the water is coming UP from the floorboard. There is a spot under the drivers seat - about the spot where my left foot sets. There is another spot towards the front of the boat in front of the ski locker. Again - eventually the carpet becomes wet - - seemingly for no reason.

Someone had suggested that it might be due to the heater. I have turned OFF the valvue that is in the engine area that, to the best of my knowledge, controls that water used in operating the heater.

Any suggestions!?!?!?

Thanks very much.

bucky
09-04-2007, 06:14 AM
When my heater core went, I valved out the water supply, but the return line has some back pressure, and it came up that line. I didn't have a valve on that line.

sunsational
09-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Definitely heater. Search Heatercore and you'll get lots of info.

Leroy
09-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Disconnect the heater, drain it and cap off both ends at the engine.

bigmac
09-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I agree, heater. You can't see it to check for dripping because it's behind the kick panel. I had the same thing happen, and turning off the valve on the engine manifold didn't stop the leak, just slowed it down a little. Those HeaterCraft cores are pretty notorious for failing in those model years around 2004.

ChazC
09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I really appreciate this feedback. Very helpful. Thank you all.
One of you suggested I search "heatercore" where I would get "lots of info". Exactly where would I search? Thanks, again.

east tx skier
09-05-2007, 11:41 PM
From the home page, click "team talk" in the upper right hand corner. There is a search button just right of center of the top of the "team talk" page.