PDA

View Full Version : Strange experience buying gloves on ski it again

H20ski Dude
09-04-2007, 12:07 AM
so I inquired about some ski gloves on ski-it-again. A site that I've bought and sold things on in the past with great results.

I went back and forth with the seller who had a few different pairs of gloves for sale about price and shipping.

I was originally quoted $22 for shipping to my location in Canada (coming from the southern US). I have bought thousands of $$ worth of ski goods from the US with no incident.

I actually had just made a purchase from Discount Inboard Marine, and the shipping was $4.66 usps standard. small box, and the bill was for around $30usd.

I'll point out that this was a box and it could definitely ship gloves in if needed.

anyways.. the seller finally came back with a shipping cost of $8. I said fine and paid via paypal.

I paid on August 6th, which was a Monday. I have yet to receive the gloves..

I was also told no tracking number.. but my shipment from skiDIM with the $4.66 shipping had one. no problem I thought, I know the basic usps doesn't include a tracking number.

I inquired on the 24th as to the whereabouts of the shipment and was told it was shipped the week previous and should be there soon.

I inquired again today as I didn't get them on Friday which is 3 weeks from paying and 2 since they were allegedly shipped.

The reply I get now has a differenet subject line, that contains a different pair of gloves - one of the others the seller had listed on ski-it-again.

thinking something is up I created a yahoo.com account and inquired about the gloves I paid for and got a reply saying they are still available. I also found that on the ski-it-again site these gloves are still listed and the ones that are mentioned in the new subject line are not.

I write another email back to the seller confirming the item I paid for was sent because of the subject line. and get a response "ok".

what should I do?
I want to wait for the gloves another day before initiating a paypal dispute, but because of the seller's arrogant response to my last inquiry I am tempted to do it now. It has also been 1 month less a day since I paid for them and paypal states you have to file a claim within 45 days of payment.

uawaterskier
09-04-2007, 01:40 AM
sounds shady...i'd report him to paypal as well as ski-it-again

H20ski Dude
09-04-2007, 01:55 AM
that's my initial reaction...

I may end up getting the item, but I doubt its the one I paid for - due to the seller changing the subject line of the email for no reason and offering the ones I paid for to my fake email addy. I filed a dispute with paypal and informed sia.
thanks I just needed at least 1 person to tell me its shady, cuz it definitely is

uawaterskier
09-04-2007, 02:10 AM
that's my initial reaction...

I may end up getting the item, but I doubt its the one I paid for - due to the seller changing the subject line of the email for no reason and offering the ones I paid for to my fake email addy. I filed a dispute with paypal and informed sia.
thanks I just needed at least 1 person to tell me its shady, cuz it definitely is
i ordered some stuff from hong kong once because it wasn't available in the U.S. Thats 50 bucks ill never see again

H20ski Dude
09-04-2007, 02:29 AM
I've found paypal to be pretty good with this stuff, but we'll see.... I don't know if it's because I'm in Canada and the seller thinks they can get away with it or if they think the item has to be shipped via dogsled to my igloo and the 45day claim time paypal puts in place is not as long as normal shipments to Toronto... no offence to the majority of good people south of the border.. I know a lot of people have trouble with shady Canadians

03 35th Anniversary
09-04-2007, 04:18 AM
I hate to say it, but it sounds like you have been had.

H20ski Dude
09-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I filed on paypal and with sia, I got a response saying they changed the subject line back to the original title and that I would receive the item or get a refund. we'll see..