PDA

View Full Version : How was your Labor Day?

tex
09-03-2007, 08:50 PM
We spent a couple of days down at the lakehouse on Granbury. Went to the beach(party cove)yesterday. Drank a ton of beers. Chilled and played washers all night. Martinis were flying. Taught a bunch of people to wakeboard. My good deed was when my 10 year old neice got left out of the night time cruise because the older kids wanted to take the Larson out w/o her resulted in her getting a night time cruise in the 197. I put her in my lap and taught her how to drive. We cranked up the music and found a huge part of the lake that nobody was around. I taught her how to drive bat turns. She drove back into the dock and the older kids were hating it! Good times, good times!

H20BOY
09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Labor Day was great. I got to meet fellow TT member ENDL at Lake Ouachita.

tones03
09-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Awsome labor day, lots of beer, beer pong on the island and met a ton of people. spent to much money at the bar though, which is nothing new. great all around weekend.

mtnsun
09-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Ohhhhhh, so good. Perfect weather here in Colorado and great boating conditions. The ladies were out in full force sporting the bikinis ( and some wearing less)! Spent the weekend on Horsetooth Rez. with friends. Hope you all had as much fun as I did.

justinlkgb
09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Fun in the sun for sure. Here in MN the weather was sunny, relative low humidity and not a cloud most of the weekend. High around 85. Absoultely perfect!!!

Taught 5 people to surf, and was granted a pull by an X-30!!!

Can't wait until the wife allows for an upgrade. :D

jmac197
09-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Great weather! Great friends.....

Taught a 4 and 6 year old to ski and my ten year old learned to foot off the boom! Pics to come! Summer has come to a close here, but the boat will stay in for the few nice fall weekends left!

justinlkgb
09-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Its always sad to see them go in the fall :( isn''t it? Where has the time gone??

03 35th Anniversary
09-03-2007, 09:53 PM
My Laborday stinks, I'm at work in Iowa and boat in the shop in Texas.:( :( :(

JKTX21
09-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Kind of uneventful for me... but good. Spent time with the family, slept plenty and played golf twice. But I'm off tomorrow, it'll should be a good ski day if weather allows!

east tx skier
09-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Great times! Water was choppy as can be, but my wife's family reunion on LBJ is always good for laughs. This year, her cousin attempted to ski on a tennis raquet. He got up on slalom, got it under his foot, but couldn't get the nerve up to do the step off. So eventually, he reached down and grabbed it and we just tossed tennis balls at him to hit. Eventually, another boat or two started retrieving the balls and as we did a pass, would toss them to him to hit.

Hrkdrivr
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Boat in the shop :mad:

But good times grilling out and working around the yard w/the kids :D

RexDog1
09-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Just got home, raced all weekend!!!!!:D the car ran W E L L!!!!!!! :banana:
Can I say that on TT????:confused: Well after what I just saw on the SS thread, GAME ON!!!!:rolleyes:

uncleboo
09-03-2007, 11:21 PM
I had a great time until Toober Tom and Johnny Jetskier showed up in my ski cove. :mad: We didn't get any runs in till very late in the day.

sunsational
09-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Had an awesome weekend! Ski, wakeboard, foot, and learned to surf. Had the whole family out the entire weekend. Hate to see summer go though!

Maristar210
09-04-2007, 08:48 AM
I can't feel my shoulders. I can't feel my legs. I have never WB'd that much in four days, ever. My son, same story. Great weekend with friends and neighbors on the water. Midnight came waaay too early each evening. Lots of fun !!!!!

Forecast looks good for the next ten days too so after a few days of Football practice we'll be back out there :D

Monte
09-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Just got home, raced all weekend!!!!!:D the car ran W E L L!!!!!!! :banana:
Can I say that on TT????:confused: Well after what I just saw on the SS thread, GAME ON!!!!

Way to go RD... Looks good too:cool:

TMCNo1
09-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Great times! Water was choppy as can be, but my wife's family reunion on LBJ is always good for laughs. This year, her cousin attempted to ski on a tennis raquet. He got up on slalom, got it under his foot, but couldn't get the nerve up to do the step off. So eventually, he reached down and grabbed it and we just tossed tennis balls at him to hit. Eventually, another boat or two started retrieving the balls and as we did a pass, would toss them to him to hit.

I bet ya'll are a hoot at a On the Water Easter Egg Hunt!:rolleyes: :D

Ric
09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
no good.

I did get to spend the weekend with the kids but it was a rainout and we were all locked in the house. Of course the sun is shining TODAY! :mad:

TMCNo1
09-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Outstanding weekend, spent time with the family, Maddie wants to go riding when Paw Paw shows up!

The smile is worth it all!

TX.X-30 fan
09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
no good.

I did get to spend the weekend with the kids but it was a rainout and we were all locked in the house. Of course the sun is shining TODAY! :mad:

We pulled the trigger sat. and went to Sommerville, Left here in the rain.6.5 hrs.on the lake and it was clear. Got back put the boat away and then RainRain. :rolleyes:

Sunday was like Tex, drinkin, eatin, washers. :D

trickskier
09-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Busy Labor Day Weekend

Saturday we went to the "SWAMP" to watch the Gators..............:D
Sunday we had the family over for a Low Country Boil..........jcrosby & his wife showed up too..........:D
Monday finally got the boat in the H2o with my daughter her boyfriend, two of her other friends and jcrosby..........:D

trickskier
09-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Just got home, raced all weekend!!!!!:D the car ran B I T C H I N!!!!!!! :banana:
Car looks GREAT Rex............Did you bring home a trophy???

RexDog1
09-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Car looks GREAT Rex............Did you bring home a trophy???

NO I did not win :rant:
But I could not be happier how I ran, the car is running so well…………………:D
Then I made a change on the car because of the heat, it was so hot up there
I should never made the change……. oh well
Sounds like you had a good weekend!!!!!!!!! NICE:headbang:

Sodar
09-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Car looks great Rex!! You think it was hot up there... Blythe was 118 with what felt like 100% humidity... I spent about 90% of the day in the water!

Saturday and Sunday were nice, but Monday I went out for an early morning ski ride and ruptured the water hose on my MCX. :mad: :noface: :( It was actually pretty eventful as we were about 300 yards from the dam and the 5mph current was pushing us right into it, with no one around. I was lucky enough to use a ski as a paddle to get us to shallow enough water where I could hold the boat until someone came around to go get some help.

tex
09-04-2007, 10:32 AM
We pulled the trigger sat. and went to Sommerville, Left here in the rain.6.5 hrs.on the lake and it was clear. Got back put the boat away and then RainRain. :rolleyes:

Sunday was like Tex, drinkin, eatin, washers. :D
I did the shrimp boil for everybody! We ate like kings!

pkskier
09-04-2007, 10:45 AM
The weekend was great. Good skiing, lots of drinking all around and some ladies in Hell's Gate deciding that clothes weren't necessary.

beef
09-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Skied every morning with no Wally's in sight and perfect weather.

/Brag On
Sunday AM, I was the guy that all guys want to be. Me and three ladies on the boat (ok, I'm actually married to one of them). All slalom ski, and can drive in the course. Skied two sets apiece and pulled the boat just before the wind kicked up and the jet skis came out.
/Brag off

Harvey
09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Work, work and more work. I worked Saturday and Monday. The only part of my boat that I touched was repairing a ballast bag on Sunday with a waterbed repair kit. :(

Rockman
09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Weekend was pretty sweet but rushed at first.

Started off the weekend at a family wedding I had to stand up in ...grumble grumble.

Sat am headed up north to my parent's coattge. I forgot the wallet at the house and had to back track 20 minutes to get it...not good! Got up to the cottage and SassyDog and Erkle were already on the lake footin and the house was already opened up :banana:

Sat pm pulled the boat out and went to the next lake. Hung out on the boat with the crew that came up and met up with another friend and his boat and crew. Ordered food from the restaurant on the lake and had dinner and drinks on the boat as the sun set. Pulled the boats out at 9pm.

Sun am and afternoon, wakeskated and wakesurf'd for most of the day as the tubers and jet skiers ruined the water :rant: Stopped by a friends house and picked up a boogy board which was about the size of a bar sign and wakesurf'd off that. It was really fun since it was about 2 feet by 1 foot and only about 3/8 inch thick. Those going down to Mag mania, we'll bring a few down!

Sun pm, pulled the boat out and went to visit a friend at his place. He is on a river than pretty much is either Pontoons or families that have tournament style boats. Needless to say, water conditions were perfect! Took two long line barefoot runs at the end of the night and on the last one coming back to my buddies house, all I could see was the light on top of his tower and the light from his instrument panel. That was so cool! Pulled the boat out after 9pm and headed home.

Mon am..tubers and jet skiers out again...didn't get enough of going in circles on Sat. :mad: Stopped by another buddy's house and picked up a 48 inch disk and we ski'd off of for most of the day as the water got worse by the minute. Those going down to Mag mania, we'll bring a few of these down too!

So, funniest thing of the weekend was noting that we probably had about $3,000 of equipment in one of the boats and managed to have the most fun wakesurfing off a $20 boogy board and skiing off a $25 piece of particle board.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Saturday, we skied. :)

Sunday, we had a small deck party with close friends & family at my parents house. Great food, great drinks! great time! I got drunk and honked the he11 out of the airhorn. I bet the neighbors love me. :)

Monday, recovered from sunday. :o had a nice slow day. just visited with friends & family.

RexDog1
09-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Car looks great Rex!! You think it was hot up there... Blythe was 118 with what felt like 100% humidity... I spent about 90% of the day in the water!

Saturday and Sunday were nice, but Monday I went out for an early morning ski ride and ruptured the water hose on my MCX. :mad: :noface: :( It was actually pretty eventful as we were about 300 yards from the dam and the 5mph current was pushing us right into it, with no one around. I was lucky enough to use a ski as a paddle to get us to shallow enough water where I could hold the boat until someone came around to go get some help.

Sorry about the boat and heat….:mad:
If you need some help with the boat of if you need a boat to get your boating fix in
You can use my boat whenever you need it…………..
It may take weeks to get it in the shop …………………………………sorry man

Chas
09-04-2007, 09:48 PM
I pulled the damaged shaft out of my boat - cleaned up the strut, ordered a new shaft, and went to two BBQ.

Sort of boat related, no?