PDA

View Full Version : Help need an Impeller in East TX

Skibumtx
09-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Just pulled my impeller and it is fried, anyone have an extra, I'm in East TX near Woodville.

surfacetension
09-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I,m fairly new to this ski boat thing but I have already decieded to put a new impeller in every time I winterize, to cheap insurance to risk losing a day on the water

TX.X-30 fan
09-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Just pulled my impeller and it is fried, anyone have an extra, I'm in East TX near Woodville. Call me at 281-615-2163.

I fried one last year and Found one at the first boat place I came to. I think they are commonly used in all kinds of boats. I have one but I'm in houston??

Pm me If I can help.

G-man
09-02-2007, 12:28 PM
It is best to put the impeller in the spring not when you store boat over the winter.

davekro
09-02-2007, 02:01 PM
A spare impeller on board is a must. Even if is just your old used one (in good shape) to get you through an emergency. But at $30, I always keep a new one on board. It saved my butt once. At an event with my ski club, I was idling thru the 5mph zone on our way out, temp gauge went to 220, alarm sounded, I shut down, replaced impeller in 15 mins, and we were off skiing.

surfacetension
09-02-2007, 02:21 PM
It \'s just a matter of thinking that they only last 1 year but yes that's a great Idea rotate them out and keep the 1 year old as a spare!! They couldn't be any easier to change out, Spring or fall as long as you start counting when you put it in

TMCNo1
09-02-2007, 03:02 PM
A spare impeller on board is a must. Even if is just your old used one (in good shape) to get you through an emergency. But at $30, I always keep a new one on board. It saved my butt once. At an event with my ski club, I was idling thru the 5mph zone on our way out, temp gauge went to 220, alarm sounded, I shut down, replaced impeller in 15 mins, and we were off skiing.

Thanks, you make a very valid point!

Not only have I replaced mine once, but I have replaced impellers on 2 other MC boats for other owners and they just order 2 the next week, 1 as a spare for themselves, but a replacement for my spare that I used.

davekro
09-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks, you make a very valid point!

Not only have I replaced mine once, but I have replaced impellers on 2 other MC boats for other owners and they just order 2 the next week, 1 as a spare for themselves, but a replacement for my spare that I used.

Yes, I forgot, I too have 'saved' others by having a spare impeller on hand for 'another's emergency'. Boy are they thankful ! So even if you replace impellers religiously, you can save a weekend for a friend or fellow boater, by having a spare on the boat.

Skibumtx
09-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks TX.X-30 fan for the offer, we ended up skiing with a friend's boat and using a jet ski to pull the kids on a tube. Learned my lesson, I ordered 2 from Skidim.com tonight. What part of Houston are you in?

I put my last one in when I rebuilt the engine, didn't realize that was 3 years ago already . . . we must be having fun.

What causes them to fail?

TMCNo1
09-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks TX.X-30 fan for the offer, we ended up skiing with a friend's boat and using a jet ski to pull the kids on a tube. Learned my lesson, I ordered 2 from Skidim.com tonight. What part of Houston are you in?

I put my last one in when I rebuilt the engine, didn't realize that was 3 years ago already . . . we must be having fun.

What causes them to fail?
No real reason other that a lot of times the transmission cooler will get clogged with debris and it starves the impeller of cooling/lube water and when they run dry they are fried, running the engine with no water hooked up, too much use, not enough use, they are just a item that needs to be checked and replaced with the slightest of wear along with the gasket at least at the beginning of every season.