PDA

View Full Version : No good deed goes unpunished

phecksel
09-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Ok, I can't stop volunteering to help, LOL Somebody shoot me, QUICKLY

Oldest's Swim team came up with this ingenious plan to raise money by working a food booth at University of Michigan's football games. I volunteer my wife, myself, and both our kids. The entire group of volunteers shows up early, and we start working on cleaning and staging. I'm tearing the plastic off a case of bottled water, when another helpful parent decides to help with a pocket knife, which happens to be really sharp. He caught me on the web between the fingers and cut to the bone :( I looked at it and thought, oh cr@p, this ain't good. Off to the first aid station, which wasn't even open yet, they had to call a paramedic to show up early. He took one look and said, you need stitches. No brown stuff sherlock, LOL. Short taxi ride to the hospital later, I get a shaky {literally, his hands were shaking} intern to put in a whopping two stitches. We hoofed it back to the stadium in time to help with 1/2 time rush. Between the efforts of the parent who has done this before, and my wife who managed fast food restaurants for 22 years, we did such an amazing business, our liazon couldn't stop commenting on our success. We literally ran the stadium out of italian sausages. By contrast, our schools marching band was right next door, and they literally did 1/2 the total sales of us. I was the one handed gimpy beverage runner :)

Funniest moment, besides my lame two stitch cut, the youngest holding up a $2 bill asking if it was real.

shepherd
09-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Dude, you were there and didn't suit up to help the defense out?

Harvey
09-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Awesome job, and oh what a game! Unreal!