PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know

RK@UST
08-30-2007, 09:35 PM
The fine music of Joe Satriani
Just thinking about music for this weekend to take on the boat
Watched a Satch DVD a minute ago and he is going to the lake with us.
For any guitar players out there, ( and I am not ) , this guy is unreal.
A suggestion for everyone. If you are not familiar, it's worth getting one of his CD's or downloads.
Have fun . ;)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I have listened to him since 87. I liked "Surfing with the ALien" alot, great CD. He had some great signature tunes on there. "Flying in a blue dream" was good too, but I had a difficult time buying his stuff after that. It seemed like they were all the same to me.

Great guitarist. :cool:

If you like JS, you should look into these great guitarists as well.

George Lynch
Tony McAlpine
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Stanley Jordan

tex
08-30-2007, 11:40 PM
I have listened to him since 87. I liked "Surfing with the ALien" alot, great CD. He had some great signature tunes on there. "Flying in a blue dream" was good too, but I had a difficult time buying his stuff after that. It seemed like they were all the same to me.

Great guitarist. :cool:

If you like JS, you should look into these great guitarists as well.

George Lynch
Tony McAlpine
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Stanley Jordan

Don't forget Eric Johnson!

RK@UST
08-31-2007, 01:51 AM
Don't forget Eric Johnson!
Got some stuff with EJ and Satch together. You are right.

uawaterskier
08-31-2007, 01:55 AM
shameless plug for jeff beasley

http://cdbaby.com/cd/jeffbeasley

Jesus_Freak
08-31-2007, 05:25 AM
George Lynch
Tony McAlpine
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Stanley Jordan

George and Yngwie are two of my favorites...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-31-2007, 10:28 AM
George and Yngwie are two of my favorites...
If you havent already done it, pick up George's "Sacred Groove" CD. cool stuff & lots of guest artists. one of his best instramentals is on there "I will remember" very cool, vibey song. Very cool! Not as intense or in your face as "Mr. Scary" is, but its got more of a serious feel, lots of dynamics. "Tierra del Fuego" is another good one, kind of a spanish feel. George is a master of the guitar, and this is some of his best work. I highly suggest listening to the Dokken CD's and the Lynch Mob CD's as well. great stuff there.

And a must for any instramental guitar fan is Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Concerto Suite for electric guitar and orchestra in E flat minor Opus 1. That is an AMAZING CD!!!!! Keep in mind, the "Bach Rock" neo-classical-metal stuff Yngwie is known for is not on here. This cd is straight ahead classical music. no drums, no bass. and keep in mind, Yngwie composed everything, its an entire orchestra piece that he wrote. He scored every instrament part on it individually. Scored the entire CD and recoreded it with a live orchestra. its absolutely amazing work. the coupling of heavy rock guitar with an orchestra is a very effective combination. Its almost like the guitar should be in every orhcestra after you hear it.