PDA

View Full Version : Artichokes, anyone?

vegashomeexpert
08-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Somehow, I think this looks like an artichoke.

M-Funf
08-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Melt some butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrianM
08-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Ouch!!!!!!

Sodar
08-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Mead is really getting bad, eh?!?!?!

endl
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM
WoW...that looks consistent, must have been on bottom a while.

vegashomeexpert
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Not Mead, Powell. Happened at 8mph while towing another boat (motor died) into the sun at 6 pm on glass about 40 yds off shore. Wouldn't have hit anything if the hull wasn't sitting so deap in the water from the speed/towing. Of course, someone else was driving but it could have happened to me, (I guess) or anyone. Worst part was getting towed back to the HB by 2 jet skies (one for each dead boat). Luckily, it was our last night and we had to go back the next morning so we did not miss any fun. Only damage is to prop and rudder (slighly bent). Everything else looks ok and nothing else hit.

WakeSeeky
08-30-2007, 06:46 PM

Did you check with anyone to see if it's fixable? :rolleyes:

Ouch, ouch, ouch!! I'm gonna go cringe for a bit.

Sodar
08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Not Mead, Powell. Happened at 8mph while towing another boat (motor died) into the sun at 6 pm on glass about 40 yds off shore. Wouldn't have hit anything if the hull wasn't sitting so deap in the water from the speed/towing. Of course, someone else was driving but it could have happened to me, (I guess) or anyone. Worst part was getting towed back to the HB by 2 jet skies (one for each dead boat). Luckily, it was our last night and we had to go back the next morning so we did not miss any fun. Only damage is to prop and rudder (slighly bent). Everything else looks ok and nothing else hit.

Did you hit rock or sand?

vegashomeexpert
08-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Have not checked to see if it is fixable, yet. Want to get a new one first, and then if it is fixable I have a spare. Funny or sad thing is this happened because my friend who just got his first direct (v-drive) asked me 2 times while we were at Powell if I had a spare. Naw, I said, never needed one... Well.... So on the way back to the marina in the houseboat (towing 2 dead boats) I said, I better go get a spare tire for the trailer before we head back to Vegas across the desert (I had to use the spare on the way up). Low and behold, backing the trailer down the ramp to retreive the dead boat, the spare I just put on blew! Jinxed myself and had to buy two tires before we came home.

vegashomeexpert
08-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Did you hit rock or sand?
Powell is mainly sandstone and it was a big sandstone "pillar". Could not see the bottom of the lake on any side and it was probably 5 feet wide by 10 feet long. We were standing on it holding the boat waiting for help.

Sodar
08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Powell is mainly sandstone and it was a big sandstone "pillar". Could not see the bottom of the lake on any side and it was probably 5 feet wide by 10 feet long. We were standing on it holding the boat waiting for help.

Ouch!!! Never been to Powell, so I didn't know what the bottom is there.

fintek9
08-30-2007, 07:11 PM
That's something right there!!!!Holly cow.

tex
08-30-2007, 07:52 PM

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

betsy&david Harrison
08-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Don't think I have ever seen one that toasted before...WOW!

vegashomeexpert
08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
The secret is to hit something at just the right depth. Don't hit the drive shaft, hull, or drive shaft hardware. Let the prop slap the rock a few times and then let the rudder do the work of stopping the forward progress. It is really very simple as my wife was able to do it on her very first try.
Don't think I have ever seen one that toasted before...WOW!

JimN
08-31-2007, 11:45 AM
That would make a nice base for a lamp.

JimN
08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Tex-

"My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

Ya wanna drag out the tube checker and see if that thing is still good?

TMCNo1
08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
I think it's time to call on the Maytag Repairman to work on your boat, he's not busy, he just finished up over at the stuffed animal factory! If he's not available, then there is always the guy that doesn't use Craftsman Tools!

trickskier
08-31-2007, 12:23 PM
OUCH........There goes a $500 bill............

chudson
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Looks like an impeller not a propeller!!!! Good Luck!!!!

Farmer Ted
08-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Spicolli my brothers gonna kill me

man my brothers gonna $hit

my brothers gonna kill me

Dude, make up your mind, is he gonna $hit or is he gonna kill you?

First he's gonna $hit, then he's gonna kill me......

bcampbe7
08-31-2007, 12:49 PM
OUCH!!!!

Man, when your wife does something she does it right! :D

I would make that into some sort of conversation piece. I wouldn't even bother trying to get it fixed.

TX.X-30 fan
08-31-2007, 02:37 PM
If that prop is fixable I've got washboard abs. :noface: :noface:

Sodar
08-31-2007, 02:51 PM
If that prop is fixable I've got washboard abs. :noface: :noface:

We all know a man of your age cannot have washboard abs!! :D