PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge got snow today!!!!

chudson
08-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Image taken today:
TenMile Station
Top of Quicksilver Super6
Elevation: 10,460' / 3,188m

ttu
08-30-2007, 05:01 PM
here is a color pic

sunsational
08-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm not ready for winter at all, or even fall! It's still August for cryin out loud!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Snow. Well, isnt this depressing.

Save it Erk! I dont wanna hear about snowmobiles!:rolleyes:

Willski
08-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Snow in Breck isn't depressing. Your M/C wouldn't run well at ~12,000 ft. anyway.

uawaterskier
08-31-2007, 01:39 AM
thats crazy! its like 100 degrees down here in bama

Ric
08-31-2007, 11:22 AM
The elk should be in rut soon!

Datdude
08-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Can't wait for snowmobile season to start! Should be here soon:cool:

WOO HOO:D

dmayer84
08-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Opposite of 5 years ago when it was 95 at the hill in March, havent gotten to go skiing in shorts since.

Datdude
08-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Opposite of 5 years ago when it was 95 at the hill in March, havent gotten to go skiing in shorts since.

Spring skiing is awesome:cool:

It made the conditions a little tough though with glare ice at the top of the lift and slush at the bottom of the hill. I don't think I have been that sunburned since-LOL

6ballsisall
08-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Ah yes, the year 1995....... I remember it well. The upside to that craziness was all the slims skiing in Bikinis! :D

Thrall
08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh yeah...........can't wait.
I'm pulling the shocks out of my sleds this weekend and sending them in to get rebuilt.
Bring on the snow!
This'll be the last weekend we're going to the lake. Sept is kinda shot due to both of our schedules and the fun seems to dissapear late in the season when you know it's a minimun 4hr round trip to get to the nearest water.

08-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Can't wait for snowmobile season to start! Should be here soon:cool:

WOO HOO:D
Shut up Chad! Its AUGUST!!!!! AUGUST!!! you hear me?? that means SUMMER!! ya know, hot weather, nice sunny days, chicks in bikinis! SUMMER!!!! You people that wish for winter are seriously deranged and all need mental examinations weekly. Trust me pal, winter will show up soon enough, you dont have to wish for it. :rolleyes:

08-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh yeah...........can't wait.
I'm pulling the shocks out of my sleds this weekend and sending them in to get rebuilt.
Bring on the snow!
This'll be the last weekend we're going to the lake. Sept is kinda shot due to both of our schedules and the fun seems to dissapear late in the season when you know it's a minimun 4hr round trip to get to the nearest water.
Thrall, your just as whacked in the head as Datdude. wishing for winter in August. :noface: seek professional help.

08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
The elk should be in rut soon!
Good for you then.

chudson
08-31-2007, 04:25 PM
You people that wish for winter are seriously deranged and all need mental examinations weekly. :rolleyes:

Already do, and your point is???:uglyhamme

Ric
08-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Ah yes, the year 1995....... I remember it well. The upside to that craziness was all the slims skiing in Bikinis! :D Global warming .

08-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Already do, and your point is???:uglyhamme
OK. I need to re-evaluate this then. maybe you people need more than evaulation, maybe they ought to institutionalize all of you in Alaska permanently. Everyone needs to take one step back and think about this. Common sense. Winter means COLD. OK? COLD! ICE, COLD! COLD! gotta shovel snow, plow snow, sno-blow. This is just crazy! why anyone would want that is just insane. its a pain in the arse, and you gotta be inside so much it sucks! I love summer! YES! be outisde and enjoy life! not freeze my arse off shoveling snow, plowing snow, sno-blowing. and then you want me to go outside in it MORE???? you people are seriously cracked in the head! Just because your on a pair of skis, snowboard, or sled dont change the temperature out there, its STILL ****ING COLD!!! And dont give me the speech about dressing for it. I know every trick in the book. I have all the Gortex, thinsulate, under armour, hi-tech clothing & outerwear on the market and it still sucks!!!! ITS WINTER!

Ric
08-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Let me see if I can frame this up for you ump. some of us are not yoopers. Summer is HOT, and we like to visit cold places for various activities such as big game hunting and snow skiing, get it?

OK. I need to re-evaluate this then. maybe you people need more than evaulation, maybe they ought to institutionalize all of you in Alaska permanently. Everyone needs to take one step back and think about this. Common sense. Winter means COLD. OK? COLD! ICE, COLD! COLD! gotta shovel snow, plow snow, sno-blow. This is just crazy! why anyone would want that is just insane. its a pain in the arse, and you gotta be inside so much it sucks! I love summer! YES! be outisde and enjoy life! not freeze my arse off shoveling snow, plowing snow, sno-blowing. and then you want me to go outside in it MORE???? you people are seriously cracked in the head! Just because your on a pair of skis, snowboard, or sled dont change the temperature out there, its STILL ****ING COLD!!! And dont give me the speech about dressing for it. I know every trick in the book. I have all the Gortex, thinsulate, under armour, hi-tech clothing & outerwear on the market and it still sucks!!!! ITS WINTER!

08-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Let me see if I can frame this up for you ump. some of us are not yoopers. Summer is HOT, and we like to visit cold places for various activities such as big game hunting and snow skiing, get it?
Im griping about the folks that live in northern climates and wish for winter to come, they are cracked! I can see someone from the south west wanting to VACATION in the cold north, but when you live here, you should NOT want cold weather to come. its nuts.

chudson
08-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Good thing you were'nt using a type writer with a ribbon or you would have run out of ink!!!:D

08-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Good thing you were'nt using a type writer with a ribbon or you would have run out of ink!!!:D
8p 8p we still have them up in da UP dontchano!;)

jclose8
09-01-2007, 09:37 AM

Wow. Dude, you might want to think about moving. If you don't enjoy winter and cold, the U.P. might not be the best place for you...
Just sayin'....

Anyway, I already have skiing on the brain a little.... I'm planning my vacation to Jackson Hole already and I have new skis and boots ordered. I just wish we could bypass fall. I love summer and I love winter. Fall.... not so much.

09-01-2007, 09:59 AM
OK, OK, NOw you all enjoy winter sports, but what about all the other time when your NOT skiing, or sledding? what about all the freakin pain in the arse snow? the cold? the shoveling, and the cold. you cant tell me you enjoy scraping the frost off your windshield, brushing snow off your car, all that fun stuff. it sucks plain and simple. give me the warm weather. People say I should move, Trust me, when the time is right it will happen. I am not ready to leave yet, for family reasons and so forth, but UMPster has plans and winter aint in them.

Datdude
09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey UMP......you like Summer and warm weather.......I like Winter and cold weather.......I guess everyone really IS different:confused:

Now I don't want people to think that I hate Summer, because I don't. I like it just as much as the next guy, but Winter has always been my favorite season. Sue me:rolleyes:

Given your distaste for Winter, I think a change in latitude would do you some good.:cool:

suedv
09-01-2007, 12:42 PM
I live in denial. Winter is not on the way. Boating season and yard work season go to the end of Novemeber at least... last year they went into December. Then all winter I make plans for my garden and look at pictures of our time at the water.

UMP has it right. We don't need winter yet!

jclose8
09-01-2007, 02:11 PM
OK, OK, NOw you all enjoy winter sports, but what about all the other time when your NOT skiing, or sledding? what about all the freakin pain in the arse snow? the cold? the shoveling, and the cold. you cant tell me you enjoy scraping the frost off your windshield, brushing snow off your car, all that fun stuff. it sucks plain and simple. give me the warm weather. People say I should move, Trust me, when the time is right it will happen. I am not ready to leave yet, for family reasons and so forth, but UMPster has plans and winter aint in them.

Well, let's see.... I can answer all those questions. Living in a cold climate, I know that winter and snow come every year, and I prepare for it.
When I'm not skiing? I ski on Tuesday nights, Thursday nights, and every Saturday and Sunday. On the nights that we don't ski, my wife and I will often snowshoe with the kids around a trail through our back woods that our neighbors maintain along with us. Some nights we just sit inside and watch tv. Just like some nights in the summer.

Scraping? My wife and I both park in an attached garage. I get in my truck, start it, then open the door. If it snowed overnight, fine. We both drive 4wd's and just drive over the snow. We can deal with it later.
At work, about 15 minutes before quitting time, I start my truck with my remote starter. When I look out the window and see that all the windows are clear.... time to go!!

Shoveling and snowblowing? Is that really any more of a hassle than mowing the lawn? Really? Once again, I know it is going to snow every year, and I own a quality snowblower that makes it pretty damn easy.

The cold? Are you serious? You own a jacket, hat, gloves and boots, I assume..... Sack up, son!!!

NOW.... after saying all that, I love summer and I'm not ready for it to over quite yet. But about mid October I'll be freakin' out for some snow.

09-02-2007, 09:18 AM
sick, sick, sick. your all sick. ;)