PDA

View Full Version : x-9 ballast problem

MLD004
08-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I have been having trouble with my rear ballast system. I have replaced the impeller with the yellow type and it did not solve the problem. It does not fill or empty nearly as fast as it used to. When I empty the system, instead of the water shooting out like it used to it has very little pressure and takes forever. Is my pump just wearing out and it is time to replace or could it be something else. I have tried just running the pump solo, so I know it is not starving for water.

Please help,

Thanks.

dsoby
08-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Could be the check valve not opening or closing completely. Do you hear air being sucked in through the exit port when filling?

1boarder
08-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I agree with dsoby. Check the check valve between the intake and manifold. If it was partially stuck open it would take longer to fill and when you discharge some of the water may be leaving through the intake making less come out the sides of the boat.

Does it empty slower?

MLD004
08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
I will check the check valve this weekend. My front ballast works great. Wouldn't the front and the rear both use the same check valve since they are fed by the same water supply?

Thanks for your help.

Diesel
08-31-2007, 12:09 PM
I will check the check valve this weekend. My front ballast works great. Wouldn't the front and the rear both use the same check valve since they are fed by the same water supply?

Thanks for your help.

Check the fill/drain hose on the rear sac. On my 209 it has a bad habit of getting a kink in it right behind the rear compartment trim panel. The hose makes a 90 degree turn right there and when the pump is sucking it can collapse.....fills just fine but empties really slow.

MLD004
09-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks I'll look at that. Mine seems to fill and drain slow. I may just need a new pump.