PDA

View Full Version : bow ballast for 2006 x-1

t707w
08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Hello, I want to add additional ballast to the front of my 2006 x1. My current setup consist of the flyhigh x2 stacks for each of the rear compartments that weighs 455lbs each, the stock belly sack that weighs 350lbs, and an intergrated ballast sack under the bow seats the ways approx 250 lbs. I want to add an additional sack to the walkway and am considering a flyhigh v-drive sack that weighs 400lbs with the dimensions 16x16x42 or having flyhigh make a custom sack with the dimensions of 16x16x54 which should weigh around 525 lbs. For everyone that has added additional weigh to the front of this boat do you think the v-drive sack is adequate or should I order a custom sack to try and get as much weight up towards the front. Also do you guys think I will have any problems with either of these sacks fitting in this area.

erkoehler
08-30-2007, 12:36 AM
We lay a tube sac in the walkway on the floor, and then add another side sac laying perpendicular to that one on the seats/walkthru. So the sacs make a "T" in the walkway of the bow.

The boat will throw a huge wake, and won't have any issues getting out of the hole.

Harvey
08-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I actually use the very V drive sack you are talking about. It adds about 400-450 lbs and works like a champ. If you put it as far forward as you can you can still open the floor door to check the center bag.