PDA

View Full Version : Swim Deck Rubber Mat Breaking Down??

SoCalBrew
08-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Has anyone had this issue? I've got a 2006 X-15... still under warranty... and have the swim deck rubber mat spider-webbing (splitting and cracking) and bubbling up. I asked mastercraft to replace it (the rubber mat) under warranty, and they have denied the claim. Has anyone had their mat crack and bubble up in less than a year?

TMCNo1
08-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Has anyone had this issue? I've got a 2006 X-15... still under warranty... and have the swim deck rubber mat spider-webbing (splitting and cracking) and bubbling up. I asked mastercraft to replace it (the rubber mat) under warranty, and they have denied the claim. Has anyone had their mat crack and bubble up in less than a year?

Could you elaborate a little more on the sentence in RED?
Who did you ask?

You may want the inquire more about this by contacting gregory.clower@mastercraft.com (MC Customer Service)

bigmac
08-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Has anyone had this issue? I've got a 2006 X-15... still under warranty... and have the swim deck rubber mat spider-webbing (splitting and cracking) and bubbling up. I asked mastercraft to replace it (the rubber mat) under warranty, and they have denied the claim. Has anyone had their mat crack and bubble up in less than a year?Took mine two years...it didn't break down, but it was tracking black stuff all over the boat. MasterCraft sent me new decking on warranty. Do a search here.

SoCalBrew
08-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Could you elaborate a little more on the sentence in RED?
Who did you ask?

You may want the inquire more about this by contacting gregory.clower@mastercraft.com (MC Customer Service)

Took the boat into my dealer where I purchased it... and had them take pictures and send it into mastercraft for review. a simple e-mail came back to my dealer declining the claim.

SoCalBrew
08-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Took mine two years...it didn't break down, but it was tracking black stuff all over the boat. MasterCraft sent me new decking on warranty. Do a search here.

Isn't there only a one year warranty on boat? (haven't looked at my paper work yet - butm that is what i was told by my service guy at the dealer). If so, how did you get it taken care of past the warranty date?

bigmac
08-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Isn't there only a one year warranty on boat? (haven't looked at my paper work yet - butm that is what i was told by my service guy at the dealer). If so, how did you get it taken care of past the warranty date?I ran into John Dorton at the Minneapolis boat show and complained to him.

PendO
08-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm sure it is frustrating to have a warranty claim denied for a defective product .. .if your dealer believes that MC should warranty it, then it would be nice for them to simply replace the rubber mat and have them look to Mastercraft for reimbursement ... if you could post some pictures for us it may help to further the cause ... or as suggested you could/should send Greg Clower and email ... good luck

SoCalBrew
08-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Turns out, they ARE going to cover it under warranty... not sure if my note to Greg chnaged anything... or if the message from Mastercraft to the dealer was incomplete... either which way... I'm very happy to see mastercraft some thru! Hopefully this one will last a bit longer.

Thanks for everyone's input.

TMCNo1
08-31-2007, 08:03 PM
I never hurts to try! Glad it's working out for you.

PendO
08-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Turns out, they ARE going to cover it under warranty... not sure if my note to Greg chnaged anything... or if the message from Mastercraft to the dealer was incomplete... either which way... I'm very happy to see mastercraft some thru! Hopefully this one will last a bit longer.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Another Sasstified customer!