PDA

View Full Version : What do think is this a deal? PERFECT PASS 300$

gardinerbowen
08-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I am looking for a PERFECT PASS for wakeboarding on a 1995 prostar 190 do you know what this part that there missing cost actully the add says 75$ idk if this is true any one have any input?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PERFECT-PASS-CRUISE-CONTROL_W0QQitemZ180154159216QQihZ008QQcategoryZ15 272QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

any input would be great

Jim@BAWS
08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
THIS IS NOT PERFECT PASS !!!

Jim@BAWS

bigmac
08-29-2007, 07:56 PM
The control interface is Perfect Pass Cruise, not Digital Pro or Wakeboard Pro. It would therefore be RPM-hold only.

east tx skier
08-29-2007, 08:15 PM
First of all, $75 is probably about right on the throttle body to servo cable. I didn't think the master module was the same. I'd call perfect pass to see if that DP master module is compatible with the chips for WB Pro 6.5ng.

Assuming it is, you'll have to order a paddle wheel, a new gauge, and possibly the 6.5ng chip if it isn't included with the gauge upgrade anymore.

So yes, it's perfect pass, but in line with what Jim said, it's not exactly what you're looking for.

If the master module is compatible though, it might not be a bad deal to do the upgrade to WB.

limegreen
09-04-2007, 09:56 PM
The control interface is Perfect Pass Cruise, not Digital Pro or Wakeboard Pro. It would therefore be RPM-hold only.

I have never been too clear on the different models... I think I have WB Pro - I can set a speed and it holds speed regardless of RPM. I think there may be other options in there that I am missing...? What is digital pro?

swatguy
09-04-2007, 11:34 PM
I also would say that part is about $75 depending on where you are located.

That is the cruise version which uses RPM's to hold speed. IT keeps the boat set at speed by keeping the rpm's constant. Most skiers run their boats in rpm mode due to the high speeds and no weight.

Most wakeboarders prefer the features of the Wakeboard Pro. It has numerous features and adjustments that the cruise model doesn't. First and foremost it uses a paddlewheel sensor to relay speed vs the rpm way. For heavily weighted boats this is primarly used, though I do know a few who prefer RPM mode. All depends on the boat and what type of weight you are running. The wakeboard pro can be run in either RPM or Speed based (ie PAddle whhel reads the actual speed of the boat and keeps the speed constant rather that the rpms).

The cruise model works ok. I know several people who have installed it. They are happy as they are more recreational riders than ones who want to progress everytime the hit a trick. The cruise is a great way to keep a more constant speed than someone who maybe doesn't drive that often so you can enjoy your pull. Though the Wakeboard Pro will keep your speed a little more closely. All depends on what you want to spend $$. This will def get the job done ok whereas the Wakeboard Pro version just gives you tons of features and adjustment options to really dial in your pull. You def get what you pay for so depends on what tyoe of performance you would want. Never heard of a complaint from the guys with cruise though. But then again they aren't running a fully saced out V-drive.

east tx skier
09-04-2007, 11:39 PM
I have never been too clear on the different models... I think I have WB Pro - I can set a speed and it holds speed regardless of RPM. I think there may be other options in there that I am missing...? What is digital pro?

Digital Pro is WB Pro with a smart timer plugged in. You set it to either Digital Pro or Wakeboard Pro upon initial startup (or upon reset). DP is WB Pro with Slalom mode. That is, if you select DP, you still have wakeboard mode. But if you select WB Pro, you do not have slalom mode, but rather, recreational slalom mode (which is not an option in digital pro).

H20ski Dude
09-04-2007, 11:40 PM
I inquired about that unit, but they don't ship to Canada.. I know the schnitz site has a basic cruise upgrade to wakeboard pro for $550.

so if you can get that for around $200, you are looking at a good deal.

H20ski Dude
09-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Digital Pro is WB Pro with a smart timer plugged in. You set it to either Digital Pro or Wakeboard Pro upon initial startup (or upon reset). DP is WB Pro with Slalom mode. That is, if you select DP, you still have wakeboard mode. But if you select WB Pro, you do not have slalom mode, but rather, recreational slalom mode (which is not an option in digital pro).

I wish there was a cruise system with the interface for course skiers that don't have magnets or timers. I don't want a paddle wheel, just rpm speed control that has the features of the 6.5 system. so you can set different skiers up, change the rpm, get a digital readout of the rpm and speed, etc.

I know you can put one together, but the cost is awfully close to the price of the wakeboard pro.

I know you are supposed to calibrate the system when you install it using gps if you dont have magnets.

I was also told there is a hand timer, but never seen one to really know what it is. Assume its just a stopwatch.??