PDA

View Full Version : How Long? M/C Custom Order.

shaivism
08-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Anyone have an idea how long it would take to get a fiberglass swim platform from M/C once the order is placed? In my eyes they need to slap some paint on the platform, package it up, and mail it off.

MYMC
08-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Anyone have an idea how long it would take to get a fiberglass swim platform from M/C once the order is placed? In my eyes they need to slap some paint on the platform, package it up, and mail it off.
4 to 6 weeks...they recently moved production of these parts in house so it could quicker as they get up to speed on them.

Ric
08-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Anyone have an idea how long it would take to get a fiberglass swim platform from M/C once the order is placed? In my eyes they need to slap some paint on the platform, package it up, and mail it off. whoo I wanna be there when you open the box if all they do is slap some paint on it, package it up and mail it off :purplaugh:

TMCNo1
08-29-2007, 07:58 PM

The fiberglass platforms are just like all the other fiberglass pieces by Mastercraft, color gelcoat is sprayed into a waxed and polished mold, resin and fiberglass mat is layered in until the unit is structurally correct, all the while these layers have to cure, before the next layer is layed, then when finished it is taken to shipping for packaging to be delivered to the dealer. It is not just a simple process of slapping some paint on a piece of plastic.

MYMC
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
The fiberglass platforms are just like all the other fiberglass pieces by Mastercraft, color gelcoat is sprayed into a waxed and polished mold, resin and fiberglass mat is layered in until the unit is structurally correct, all the while these layers have to cure, before the next layer is layed, then when finished it is taken to shipping for packaging to be delivered to the dealer. It is not just a simple process of slapping some paint on a piece of plastic.
MasterCraft didn't make the fiberglass platforms until the begining of this month.

limegreen
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Teak. Go Teak.:D

erkoehler
08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Chicago MasterCraft has been seeing about 5 1/2 weeks on our orders for platforms. One we ordered in early June just arrived, so it does take longer on occassion.

shaivism
08-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I appreciate all the comments. I'll keep you all postd on timeframe. It should have been ordered through the dealer late July.

kal_dude
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
i have a teak one i would trade for a red fiberglass one for an 02 xstar!!!?

kal
262-968-2514
414-801-0297

TMCNo1
08-31-2007, 12:01 PM
MasterCraft didn't make the fiberglass platforms until the begining of this month.

I assume the process is the same or simular, no matter who actually makes them, right?

TMCNo1
08-31-2007, 12:03 PM
i have a teak one i would trade for a red fiberglass one for an 02 xstar!!!?

kal
262-968-2514
414-801-0297

I'll give you $100 for your teak platform and pay shipping!