PDA

View Full Version : Where should I put my registration numbers

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I want to get the drip molded letters from wakeside in the MasterCraft Hemi Head font. We have a white and black X-1. The other letters on the back of the boat are silver with a black outline. Im trying to figure out where to put them. The two spots that i have is on the side panel where the cleats are but closer to the bow. Or under the rub rail and under the black stripe? Anybody have ideas? Or colors that would look good with White and black?

peason
08-28-2007, 10:32 AM
What are the guidelines for your state where you use the boat?

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Its in PA...i think its like most states letters have to be 3" or bigger and in a visible place and color.

Do you have any websites that give the exact specs.

I guess my real qualm here is weather I want to put them over the black line that goes right under the rubrail to the bow of the boat.

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Found it:
Registration Number Display Requirements

Numbers and letters must be painted or affixed on both sides of your boat's bow.

The number must read from left to right.

All letters and numbers must be at least three inches tall and contrast with the color of your boat's bow.

All letter and number clumps must be separated by a hyphen or the approximate space of any number or letter other than "1" and "I."

Your validation decals must appear before or after (within six inches) the registration number.

---
Think Mettalic Silver with black outline is enough contrast

BrianM
08-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I vote for the glove box!:D

Or if you want to be legal I say below the rub rail. Center them on the stripe or justt under it and I think they will look as good as possible. I hate registration numbers above the rubrail.:twocents:

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah i dont really like how they look above the rub rail that was just an option because i wasnt sure how they would look with the black stripe going thru them. Ill take a look at it this weekend and see what i like.

Brian do you think Silver with Black outliine would look good, or be enough diffence in color?

BrianM
08-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Is there any silver on your boat? Looking at your gallery on your boat I think I would put them over the stripe and do white with a black outline. I think that would look like the letters are part of the stripe itself. The black outline would disappear in the stripe but define the letters where they go on the white of the hull. Or if you go under the stripe do black with a silver outline just to add a little depth to the numbers.

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah the only reason that i was thinkin of silver with black outline was to match the Wakeboard Edition and MasterCraft on the transom of the boat which are also drip molded. You think that The white would be ok with the state as long as i do a black outline?

BrianM
08-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah the only reason that i was thinkin of silver with black outline was to match the Wakeboard Edition and MasterCraft on the transom of the boat which are also drip molded. You think that The white would be ok with the state as long as i do a black outline?
If the decals on the back are silver with blackoutline then I would do that if you put them completely on the white. Don't know what the state would say about the white with black outline.. I think as long as they are visable, which they should be, you won't have an issue. If it were me I would go without and take my chances. But then again around here they are pretty lax about it. I carry my registration and the year stickers in the glove box but have yet to be stopped for not having numbers. I also don't go out on public water all that often and when I do I make sure that I have all of the other stuff on board to be legal. I have run across the sheriff while I was out though and they never gave me a second look.

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I wish i could put them in the glove box but the cops on our lake are very anal about that. So i think i will take my rowboat out this weekend and go like 50 feet behind the boat and see if the Silver on the white is Visable. Thanks for the ideas!!

Farmer Ted
08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
post a nice big picture of your boat, and we can photoshop the numbers on it and you'll be able to see what they'll look like

I just tried my hand at Doming and it was a complete flop, I guess I didn't mix the goo up properly......

http://www.needadecal.com/dome1.jpg

http://www.needadecal.com/dome3.jpg

http://www.needadecal.com/dome2.jpg

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 02:03 PM

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
I deffenitly want to go with Custon Dripped Domed Numbers for the registration

trickskier
08-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey Lenny here's a pic of where I put mine...............:D

BrianM
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey Lenny here's a pic of where I put mine...............:D

That looks good to me. Do it like that but with the silver with black outline numbers to match the other drip mold on your boat. Forget everything I said above.

trickskier
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
On the H2o..............

trickskier
08-28-2007, 02:24 PM
That looks good to me. Do it like that but with the silver with black outline numbers to match the other drip mold on your boat. Forget everything I said above.
Thanks Brian...............Domed Numbers did mine. They're Orange with Navy Blue outline............;)

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey trick nice boat, i like where you put the reg numbers too. Btw trick were u at CSM this past year with doug g and everything?

And I will do that Brian...thanks all for the help.

trickskier
08-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey trick nice boat, i like where you put the reg numbers too. Btw trick were u at CSM this past year with doug g and everything?

And I will do that Brian...thanks all for the help.
Thanks for the complement...............:D
Yes, Doug G and his family are good people!!! My family and I rode with them to dinner Friday night............:D

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah heard all about u and i got the honor of puttin your hat on when it was at Dougs house. Dougs son chris and i have been good friends since 7th grade and they got a MC in 2006 and i tried to convice my dad to get one for a year and finally in June he did. Now im trying to convince him to drive down to CSM for 08. I want to go so bad but my dad says "Thats not our style." Im tryin to have Doug convice him.

trickskier
08-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah heard all about u and i got the honor of puttin your hat on when it was at Dougs house. Dougs son chris and i have been good friends since 7th grade and they got a MC in 2006 and i tried to convice my dad to get one for a year and finally in June he did. Now im trying to convince him to drive down to CSM for 08. I want to go so bad but my dad says "Thats not our style." Im tryin to have Doug convice him.
CSM was a blast, you certainly need to get Doug to change his mind.

SkiDog
08-28-2007, 06:31 PM

What do you mean, you tried on Tricky's hat while it was at Doug's house!?:confused: Did you happen to see Harold II also. He's the culprit with the hat!:D

TMCNo1
08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
What do you mean, you tried on Tricky's hat while it was at Doug's house!?Did you happen to see Harold II also. He's the culprit with the hat!

By the way, where is that 3 legged hat thieving rascal, in Key West resting his well traveled bones????????????????:confused: :rolleyes: :D

TMCNo1
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Years ago I learned a trick while lettering race cars with chrome or gold foil numbers.
In 1992, I installed our registration letters/number decals with gold foil and a tomato red outline to match the MasterCraft on the windshield. We have been stopped in numerous states, including NC, by Wildlife Officers and they have never had a problem with them, because they pick up the reflection of light off the water at boat level, but are normally not seen otherwise, except for the validation sticker.

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 11:08 PM
CSM was a blast, you certainly need to get Doug to change his mind.

Yeah i think Doug has the pursuasion power to convince my dad. But i guess i gotta remember it took me a year to pursuade my dad to think about an MC. Gotta start sooon!!!

Lennyp04
08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Harold that is certainly 2 fine peices of art you got there.

And just to let everyone know, ive made my decision i think its final. Im going with the Silver with Black outline Hemi Head font and im goin to mount it under the stripe

TMCNo1
08-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Harold that is certainly 2 fine peices of art you got there.

And just to let everyone know, ive made my decision i think its final. Im going with the Silver with Black outline Hemi Head font and im goin to mount it under the stripe

Tannsjubeddymudds!
Good choice!

Lennyp04
08-29-2007, 11:43 AM
I think it will look nice!

TMCNo1
08-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Lenny, you need to explain to dad that is just a bunch of like minded MasterCraft owners, last year roughly 30+ boats/118 people, from over 9 states that gathered for fun, fellowship and memories over a 4 day period.

Show him this thread, especially Post #1 with all the info updated to just minutes before it started, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13878

Lennyp04
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
I will my dad is a very persistant man so i will see what the thread does for him. The only problem that im not 100% sure about is im in band and we go to Florida next year sometime in the March to May area but dont know when ill find out but i will deffs show him the thread and hope for the best!