PDA

View Full Version : 85 Stars and Stripes

OSUspenc99
08-27-2007, 10:32 PM
I have had the offer to have a compnay wrap my boat with some new graphics for free. Now all that I need to figure out is the new graphics that I want to put on the boat. Basically what they will do is wrap it from the water line up with any graphics that I choose. That is where everyone hear comes into play.

I need to make sure that what I choose is going to match the interior which is cream and blue.

I also still want to get some stars incorporated with the theme.

I have attached a picture of my boat.

TMCNo1
08-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I would suggest not messing up a good thing.

Slinkyredfoot
08-27-2007, 10:47 PM
I have had the offer to have a compnay wrap my boat with some new graphics for free. Now all that I need to figure out is the new graphics that I want to put on the boat. Basically what they will do is wrap it from the water line up with any graphics that I choose. That is where everyone hear comes into play.

I need to make sure that what I choose is going to match the interior which is cream and blue.

I also still want to get some stars incorporated with the theme.

I have attached a picture of my boat.

I am sure you have thought of this but what is wrong with the original, classic look?

OSUspenc99
08-27-2007, 10:53 PM
that is what i thought but it peels right off. Doesnt hurt the gel coat at all. Some of my decals are coming off anyways so they would just have to take those off. But they are going to print me a set of decals before anything happens.

here is something like I want to do but with more fade of blue.

ski_king
08-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I have to agree with Harold and Slinky, don't mess with perfection.

Also I question how well a wrap will work in the water only to the water line. It seems to me water will work its way between the hull and the wrap and it will start to come loose.

OSUspenc99
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
or this i think is pretty cool also.

Slinkyredfoot
08-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Like putting spinner wheels on a 57 Vette fuelie....:confused:

OSUspenc99
08-27-2007, 10:58 PM
The only reason that I really want to get it wrapped is because the boat is sunfaded and I have spent more time and money trying to bring it back. I know that I could get it repainted or done professionally but I thought if this was going to be free then why not try it out.

Keep the thoughts coming though. I love to hear peoples feedback.

OSUspenc99
08-28-2007, 09:45 AM
bump..................

ProTour X9
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM
The guys across the lake took a POS 87 Supreme and turned it into a real cool boat. It looks brand new, nothing like the bird $#!^ + graffiti covered thing it used to be. But I would question the longevity of something like that.....

Monte
08-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I have to agree with most everyone else. The S&S is one of the best looking boats ever produced. I would keep the S&S's..... Why don't you have them make you a wrap with the exact design of the S&S's??

chudson
08-28-2007, 09:59 AM
I have to agree with the others, don't change a classic look!!! I have seen others who have and it just doesn't look right, good luck!!!
:twocents:

edit:Why don't you have them make you a wrap with the exact design of the S&S's??

Good Idea!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

trickskier
08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I would suggest not messing up a good thing.
I agree with #1 it's a classic S&S keep it ORIGINAL....................;)

88 PS190
08-28-2007, 10:55 AM
It is after all your boat, I would just get new stars graphics, but if you want to do that go for it.

In the end its just peel off graphics, if it fails you can get new stars and stripes graphics and put them back on.

Harvey
08-28-2007, 02:02 PM
WET SAND the boat! You should be able to restore the shine with a wet sand and a good buffing. Then get them to make you the original graphics style but updated!!! Add a modern flare to the classic design!!!

MC2000190
08-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Keep it original! I would love to have a boat that has the stars and stripes!!!!!