PDA

View Full Version : Custom logo carpets

TX.X-30 fan
08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Has anyone purchased these from MYMC. If so what do you think, and do you have any pics?

Its hard to tell much about these mats and how they work(cut-outs-ski locker)

My carpet is still in great shape, but it would be nice to pull these out and rinse them off after all the Cheetos, Cheese nips, Nacho Cheese Doritos,ect. :D

I know all you filthy rich guy's with new boats have the removable carpets. :rant: :wavey:

rrbooker
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I really like the look of them! But i took my carpet out the day i bought the boat!

Todd Brosius
08-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Are they mats or carpet? Is there any removal of carpet or do they just lay over the top of the existing carpet?

Sodar
08-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I bought them 3 months ago for my new boat........

They took about a month to make, then I put them in the boat and they did not fit. I just got an email from MYMC and the new mats that are supposed to fit were sent out last Friday, so hopefully I will get them this week.

Just remember a couple things.... 1) The color does not machine the OEM "charcoal". 2) The texture of the carpet does not match 3) It was a pain in the arse to get in and out of the boat easily... the large mat weighs quite a bit.

I will get you pics of the ill-fitting mats tonight.

TX.X-30 fan
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Are they mats or carpet? Is there any removal of carpet or do they just lay over the top of the existing carpet?

From what I remember they lay over the carpet. I think Mike said you could do snaps if you wanted. I think the snaps might help them not to roll up, but I'm just guessing.

TX.X-30 fan
08-27-2007, 06:16 PM

They took about a month to make, then I put them in the boat and they did not fit. I just got an email from MYMC and the new mats that are supposed to fit were sent out last Friday, so hopefully I will get them this week.

Just remember a couple things.... 1) The color does not machine the OEM "charcoal". 2) The texture of the carpet does not match 3) It was a pain in the arse to get in and out of the boat easily... the large mat weighs quite a bit.

ITS ALIIIIIIVE :D

Hey Sodar, thanks. I would like to see them.

The Roxy pic you requested is on the Tex thread. ;)

Sodar
08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
ITS ALIIIIIIVE :D

Hey Sodar, thanks. I would like to see them.

The Roxy pic you requested is on the Tex thread. ;)

Good looking Roxy pic!! I like the pic of you in the SS Thread... what a stud!! 8p

Here are the pics of the mats...

The mats are very well made, with a heavy rubber backing and nice corner beading... these pics are just the picks I sent to MYMC, showing how the mat fit. MYMC has been awesome in handling the whole thing, it has just taken a LONG time to get it handled. Hopefully it will be resolved this week.

Sodar
08-28-2007, 10:21 AM
The charcoal color is a little darker than the OEM Carpet, but the pile of the mats is much thicker and feels great on the feet!

MYMC
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
This is a sublet company we use and to be honest they are very slow to respond to us at times. This however was the first time we had a kit not fit. The patterns were made at MC so we are not sure what happened but we re-made them and hopefully this is resolved now.

See I told you guys we make mistakes!

endl
08-28-2007, 11:23 AM
MYMC, do the 45 carpets snap in like the stock ones or are they made just to lay on the floor?

MYMC
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
They can be installed either way...but you would need to add the snaps for them to snap in.

Sodar
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
This is a sublet company we use and to be honest they are very slow to respond to us at times. This however was the first time we had a kit not fit. The patterns were made at MC so we are not sure what happened but we re-made them and hopefully this is resolved now.

See I told you guys we make mistakes!

I understand! Amy has been awesome by the way, she was really cool about the whole thing....

BrianM
08-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Are they just available for the new boats or can they be made up for older ones as well?

MYMC
08-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Are they just available for the new boats or can they be made up for older ones as well?
If you can make a pattern for the boat we can have the rug made.

Sodar
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
MYMC, do the 45 carpets snap in like the stock ones or are they made just to lay on the floor?

The mats come with snaps that can be installed. I am going to install them in bow mat, so I can use it in place of the OEM snap in carpet in the bow.

TX.X-30 fan
08-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the pics Sodar, did you opt against the logo. If so why is that. Your Pics make them look nice. I had planned just to use them to save the factory carpet, in your opinion could they be used as a replacement and remove the stock carpet? Installing the snaps of course.

limegreen
08-29-2007, 08:56 AM

#3) I am considering having a local shop cut the largest mat (rear, around the engine) into three pieces to make it easier to throw in and out for drying and vacumming.

I think the texture is great - thick and luxurious compared to (my) OEM.

I got black with white and grey x series graphics, I think they dress mine up good. I have gotten several compliments.

Mine didn't fit real snug around the back of the engine, but I figured it was by design due to the hinges back there.

I would like to install snaps to avoid the creep...would it be too weird to put snaps THROUGH the OEM carpet? Removing it seems a little daunting; I figure it is glued down everywhere, plus it returns around alot of stuff (ski locker, side rails, etc.)...?

x-10ron
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
how do these mats/carpet fit around the seat riser/pedestal ?

MYMC
09-11-2007, 08:54 AM
how do these mats/carpet fit around the seat riser/pedestal ?
They go around the base

swatguy
09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Can you get these in the older lighter grey? Or just the charcoal? I would assume the pattern for the X-1 is the same as the pattern for my 2000. if not do you have the pattern for a 2000 X-Star. Been eyeing these up for a bit, my carpet is showing some wear and with 2 daughters now 3yrs and 8mos granola bars and teddy grams are everywhere:)

Sodar
09-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Can you get these in the older lighter grey? Or just the charcoal? I would assume the pattern for the X-1 is the same as the pattern for my 2000. if not do you have the pattern for a 2000 X-Star. Been eyeing these up for a bit, my carpet is showing some wear and with 2 daughters now 3yrs and 8mos granola bars and teddy grams are everywhere:)

They have a color pallet:
http://mymastercraft.com/images/logocarpet_palet.gif

For the other question, I do not know!

swatguy
09-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Ahhh perfect. will be getting one for X-mas then EXCELLENT

Thanks SODAR

Sodar
09-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Ahhh perfect. will be getting one for X-mas then EXCELLENT

Thanks SODAR

No Problem! Are you having a problem chosing between Rose and Periwinkle also? I just could not make a decision!! 8p

Doug G
09-12-2007, 01:01 AM
I would have put you as more of a Fuchsia type Sodar. You know being left coast and all :D

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trick order a blue and orange kit to mix them together in the boat :D

swatguy
09-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Fuchsia was the wife's first choice.

ME I am all over the Mediterrainean. Sounds very waterlike

Doug G
09-12-2007, 01:08 AM
I am thinking mustard would hide the cheetos the best

Doug G
09-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Hey Mike do you have one for Harold's teak to protect it from unusual wear and tear? You know like a ski or the valve stem of the tube ...

Sodar
09-12-2007, 01:14 AM
I would have put you as more of a Fuchsia type Sodar. You know being left coast and all :D

Fuchsia took 3rd... it was a little to purple for me!! 8p

Thank God, I live in the most conservative area on the Left Coast! And if you could not tell, I am about the most conservative "black and white" guy there is... just look at my toys!

Doug G
09-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Fuchsia took 3rd... it was a little to purple for me!! 8p

Thank God, I live in the most conservative area on the Left Coast! And if you could not tell, I am about the most conservative "black and white" guy there is... just look at my toys!

And that is exactly what screams you need fuchsia on the interior!

P.S. is that a dirt spot on the rudder or a shadow?

ProTour X9
09-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey Sodar, wheres all the logos?? On the carpet I mean.

Sodar
09-12-2007, 04:14 PM
I did not want them. I wanted them to look plain and clean... like the rest of my boat.

ProTour X9
09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
So did you get them because you wanted carpet a different color?

Sodar
09-12-2007, 04:20 PM
So did you get them because you wanted carpet a different color?

No, I got them because I want my carpet to remain brand new. When I purchased the boat, I immediately put plastic liners on the floor, but they got slippery and were tough on the feet. These carpet mats were strickly used to keep my carpet in showroom condition.

I put liners in like these: http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/servlet/izoom/DoItYourself/u577954?

ProTour X9
09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
TMCNo1 has started a religion!! J/K Groovy dude, I'll go hug a rainbow and get out of your pedals.

Sodar
09-12-2007, 04:44 PM
TMCNo1 has started a religion!! J/K Groovy dude, I'll go hug a rainbow and get out of your pedals.

Not quite! I wish I had the money to buy a new boat every few years, but I don't, so I gotta keep this one looking brand new as long as I can. The way it looks is that I will be buying a 50th Anniversary boat for my 33rd birthday!! :D

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Pressure washer, some Tide, and a wire brush will keep your carpet fluffy and smelling great for years.

Sodar
09-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Pressure washer, some Tide, and a wire brush will keep your carpet fluffy and smelling great for years.

A wire brush?????? Stay away from my boat Doug! 8p

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 05:27 PM
I said if you wanted it to stay "fluffy." Without it, that carpet's going to get flat no matter how much you clean it. Gotta get the knap (sp) to stand up a little. I'm not saying do it rough.

Sodar
09-12-2007, 05:36 PM
I said if you wanted it to stay "fluffy." Without it, that carpet's going to get flat no matter how much you clean it. Gotta get the knap (sp) to stand up a little. I'm not saying do it rough.

So you use it like a plastic carpet rake?

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/38435/6h/www.improvementscatalog.com/images/en_US/local/products/350x/155054zz1.jpg

endl
09-12-2007, 05:47 PM
No, I got them because I want my carpet to remain brand new. When I purchased the boat, I immediately put plastic liners on the floor, but they got slippery and were tough on the feet. These carpet mats were strickly used to keep my carpet in showroom condition.

I put liners in like these: http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/servlet/izoom/DoItYourself/u577954?
Sodar dont kid us! Of course they get slippery with a bunch girls roliing around with sun tan oil...............we have seen the Swim Suit pics!

Stritt
09-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Another option:

http://matworks.com

They were listed on the Pleasure Boat show on SunTV......

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 05:50 PM
So you use it like a plastic carpet rake?

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/38435/6h/www.improvementscatalog.com/images/en_US/local/products/350x/155054zz1.jpg

You might be able to get away with less than a brass wire brush since you're starting from new. Remember, I got the MC when it was already 10 years old. I have the brass brush technique from a trusted source. What I can say is that a regular fabric brush won't refresh 10 year flat carpet knap.

In other words, whatever you do, keep up with it and keep it in check. Wha the carpet looks like under your observer seat versus the walkway can start to look strikingly different quickly.

x-10ron
09-15-2007, 03:22 PM
do these mat's cover the center locker on a 2001 x-10?
can you have them made so the locker can have it's own mat/carpet?