PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Early Winterization :( :(

sten76
08-27-2007, 05:21 PM
I know it's way too early to be talking about winterizing, but with a baby on the way, first part of October, I will not be able to use the boat after Labor Day weekend.

I am attempting to do the winterization myself this year to cut back on the costs. I have searched all over and I am getting all kinds of information BUT, I am not the most mechanically inclined. I can turn wrenches, pull things and drain things. The problem is I don't know where every nut, plug and drain is on the engine. I am great at following directions and even pictures.

Can someone help me out? With an easy to follow list/pictures? Where everything is that I need to do? What's the worst I could screw up the boat if I get all the water out but forget some other step?

This is my first time attempting this, so be gentle.

Thanks

chudson
08-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Call your local dealer or...........

Check this out!!!

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=103139&postcount=6

Prostar in Michigain
08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
how bout you just sell my family your boat and you dont have to winterize it

erkoehler
08-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Are u going to be up North this weekend?

sten76
08-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes I will be up north this weekend.

Where are all of the plugs to drain the engine of water? I know the main bilge plug, but where are the others on the boat?

Where do I drain the old oil out of the engine?

Thanks

peason
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Check out the Indmar website. It also gives some good tips.

erkoehler
08-27-2007, 07:47 PM
I'll do some checking, I may be headed North. If I do, I'll just come over and show you how to winterize.

sten76
08-28-2007, 03:02 PM
That would be great, but I wouldn't want to take up too much of your time. When will you know if you are heading up?

Is it easier to show rather than explain?

Thanks