PDA

View Full Version : X2 ballast issue

zeus12
08-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey guys, my 06 x2 ballast switches are getting power but none of the 3 will drain or fill. Is there any inline fuses or breakers I can check. I know the switches are getting power but the pump is not getting a signal from the switches. how many ballast pumps are in an x2? I saw the breakers under the back bench for the ballast but they all looked fine. Does anybody know where I can start to look. It looks like a blow fuse, breaker or bad electrical connection somewhere between the switches and pump (s).

endl
08-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Do you have new impellers or old ones? Mine got to the point they would run and not fill or empty. I put the new Yellow impellers in and WOW! the water shoots 3 feet out of the side of the boat when it empties and fills very fast. One of the old balck ones had no fingers only nubs left on it and the other was missing 2 of its fingers.

erkoehler
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Sounds like you should change all 3 impellors.

corey
08-27-2007, 12:23 PM
If the impellers look fine pull them out and check the connection between the impeller and the pump. I just had two that appeared fine but the connection point had stripped so the pumps were spinning but the impellers were not. It was an easy fix, but a little preplexing for a while.

zeus12
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
the pumps dont run when i flip the switches. the switches turn on but the pumps dont work. When they occassionally work, they work great, still shoot water 2 or 3 feet out the side. I dont think hte impellars are the problem. I think its a connection between switches and the pump. Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot?

endl
08-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Ohhhhhhh sorry I misunderstood.....humm you reset the breakers?

zeus12
08-27-2007, 01:04 PM
the breakers under hte back bench are all pushed in and seem to be ok. does that sound right?

endl
08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
yeah, just weird that they all quit. What about the fuse on the dash, do you have one. Mine is above the tower light switch. I think it is in line with the swithces for the Ballast pumps also. If not you may have to get the OHM meter out........

zeus12
08-27-2007, 01:18 PM
my ballast switches are down under the throttle. I pulled the gauge/switch plate off and didnt see any inline fuses but I was looking quickly so I will look again when I get more time to trouble shoot. I can also chekc the connection at the pump with a ohm meter. Just looking for ideas and trying to get guidance on where to start looking

zeus12
08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
does anybody know if there is an inline fuse behind hte ballast switch/guage panel on the x2? Also, anything i should check on the breakers under the back bench on the black box?

kal_dude
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
i have the same problem with my 02 xstar, no rhyme or reason to it!?!? very frustrating, i haven't had a chance to do much trouble shooting yet, i will let you know what i find!!

BlueX2
07-05-2008, 12:59 PM
any resolution to this zeus12, I have the exact same problem

Chief
07-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Measure voltage at the pump connector. Disconnect pump and turn on the switch and measure the voltage. No voltage no work, voltage should work or possible pump failure. I would doubt that all three pumps would fail at once. Any drilling on the boat? You could take the breaker box apart and see if the connections to the breakers have came off. Do you hear the pumps running? There is a seal under the impeller that could have failed.

I would start first with voltage check.