PDA

View Full Version : Wake on an 07 X2

surfacetension
08-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Just started breaking in the new X2 did sbout 3 hours of wake surfing, nice wake with all the ballast full , My son hit the wake board and I noticed that the wake is VERY wide, I shorted the rope but it's still a way a away. Our Supra he was able to clear the wake no Problem , this boat is a big jump?? Any thoughts?? , By the way I LOVE the boat , I still can't belive I bought a smaller boat and have tons more room!!!!!

Jim@BAWS
08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Easy solution on the X-2 Shorten the rope from 75 to 70 of even 65
That will cure the problem. Nice upgrade by the way

Jim@BAWS

ttu
08-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Just started breaking in the new X2 did sbout 3 hours of wake surfing, nice wake with all the ballast full , My son hit the wake board and I noticed that the wake is VERY wide, I shorted the rope but it's still a way a away. Our Supra he was able to clear the wake no Problem , this boat is a big jump?? Any thoughts?? , By the way I LOVE the boat , I still can't belive I bought a smaller boat and have tons more room!!!!!

seems like i always follow your post. it is hard to believe how much more room the x2 has over "old" supra.

i had to do what jim said in regards to being the rope in some in order for my 13 year old to clear the wake. now he is doing it very easy.

surfacetension
08-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks , I'm new to all of this, so if I ask a stupid Question it's not on purpose, I have a barts catolog and they have a main line that can go to 43 off , is that something I should consider? I have 3 lines now , 2 just regular and one no stretch. How short can you go ??

Mark

tommcat
08-27-2007, 10:29 AM
More front ballast or a little more speed will narrow the wake

ridehype4life
08-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Use a no-stretch wake specific rope with a 55 ft mainline and 5 ft takeoff sections. This way you can start out at 60 feet including the handle, and progress to 70, 75+

Chicago190
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks , I'm new to all of this, so if I ask a stupid Question it's not on purpose, I have a barts catolog and they have a main line that can go to 43 off , is that something I should consider? I have 3 lines now , 2 just regular and one no stretch. How short can you go ??

Mark

That sounds like a ski rope, which has stretch. You want a non-stretch rope with a 55 foot main line and 5 ft. sections for boarding.

beatle78
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM
More front ballast or a little more speed will narrow the wake

we recent;y added some ballast to our 205V and sped up the boat a bit and the wake got smaller.

We went from ~18.5 to 20.5 (uncalibrated) and the wake got smaller and you don't have to cut as hard to clear the wake with the extra speed... win win for all except those toeside faceplants..... you know what I'm talk about OUCH!!! :eek:

But he's 13, he can take the beating :)

OhioX14
08-27-2007, 04:06 PM
If it's a wakeboard specific rope like our Straight Line Zero Stretch Ultra Light Mainline you can simply add take off's using a figure eight knot like those they put in the rope themselves. It makes it highly customizable to any length you need and when the knot is removed its like it was never there in the first place. This is something you should most definately NOT do with a slalom line but it works well with a zero stretch wakeboard line.