PDA

View Full Version : looking for some opinions from 195,197,205,209 owners

H20skeefreek
08-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I love closed bow ski boats. But the market pushes towards open bows for obvious seating reasons. I personally think there is more storage in closed bow boats, but this was debated already in another thread.

For those of you who have open bow boats, would you be interested in a hard fiberglass cover that would clamp down over the open bow opening to "create" a closed bow look? This idea would be similar to hard bed covers for pickup trucks. You'd still have the ability to take it off to add additional seating when necessary. It could even possibly be make with a hatch or seem in the middle so that the area underneath would be accessible.

TMCNo1
08-26-2007, 07:44 PM
It has already been done by MC and IIRC, Jim@ BAWS had one for sale for a certain model boat several months back. You may want to check with him.

Jeff Lyman
08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Neg. Something else to store ? My 205 looks fine with out the closed off deck. Infact I think the lines of the older 205 is sleeker than the new ones.
Pos. It would make for a smaller cover for the boat, windshield back instead of a mile of canvas to cover the bow to. Use during cooled months may help a bit to.

Must be priced right and very easy to install along with water tight.

Good luck, great place to ask the question.

Jesus_Freak
08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
For those of you who have open bow boats, would you be interested in a hard fiberglass cover that would clamp down over the open bow opening to "create" a closed bow look?

That is a negative, captain freekazoid.

tex
08-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I have a 197 and I wish that I had something bigger. No storage issues, just bigger boat issues>

H20skeefreek
08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
That is a negative, captain freekazoid.
Even if you got a free one b/c I used your boat as a template?

pflcjl
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=868

H20skeefreek
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I have a 197 and I wish that I had something bigger. No storage issues, just bigger boat issues>
So, you are saying that size DOES matter?!?!?!?!

pflcjl
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I think a hard shell tonneau is a great idea.....let's face it the open bow area of a 197 is basically useless. Only reason for open bow is resale. I have a tonneau cover (soft) which hasn't been removed all season

tex
08-26-2007, 09:44 PM
So, you are saying that size DOES matter?!?!?!?!
My wife buys into that theory!~

BriEOD
08-26-2007, 09:49 PM
That cover Jim has is for an early 90s 205. I was at his shop last week and it was still there. FYI.

georgea0731
08-26-2007, 09:52 PM
For the same reasons:
Yes if the price is right. It needs to be affordable. It needs to look good and not take away from the boat's appearance. I think this would be a super option for all open bows. Hopefully MC will look into doing it first class someday.
I have an X7, please send any info. pictures.

H20skeefreek
08-26-2007, 09:53 PM
That cover Jim has is for an early 90s 205. I was at his shop last week and it was still there. FYI.
Neat, I may contact him about it.

H20skeefreek
08-26-2007, 09:54 PM
For the same reasons:
Yes if the price is right. It needs to be affordable. It needs to look good and not take away from the boat's appearance. I think this would be a super option for all open bows. Hopefully MC will look into doing it first class someday.
I have an X7, please send any info. pictures.
LOL, I'm just brainstorming. Came up with the idea to actually make them tonight.

Jesus_Freak
08-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Came up with the idea to actually make them tonight.

You were going to make them last night, or you came up with the idea last night?

Even if you got a free one b/c I used your boat as a template?

If I were a normal person with normal boating needs, I would graciously take you up on this; however, my boating/lift situation is rather anti-normal and I cannot use this device at any time. You still da freek, though.

PS (useless tangent): Have you done an INT event yet?

H20skeefreek
08-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Ok, grammar police, lol....I came up with the idea last night. I have not started makeing one. It's too hot to be laying up fiberglass, and I don't have an open bow boat on hand to make a mold.

And I believe the term is ABnormal. You are abnormal.

No, no INT for me this season. I am going to try and do the whole tour next year, as I may be makeing a career change.