PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, OH labor day weekend

Ben
08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Anyone looking for a 3rd (or 4th) either labor day weekend morning? I'll be in town to visit family & would love an opportunity for a few pulls in the morning. Ski would be 1st choice, but wakeboard is cool too. I'm no pro on either, but like to get out.

Not sure if the river or lakes would be ok by then with all the rain...

Thanks.

Ben
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Bump.

Does it help that I come with a ski/board and gas $$?

Hoosier Bob
08-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Ever since I left the Scioto most Columbus Ohioans have become Weaksticks! 2 hours away lies Indiana and there are a bunch of skiers here. C'mon Columbus W T F! Help a brother out! This explains pretty much what I expect from Buckeye fans!:o8p

PS. Indiana should have a pull for you so give us a call!

P-hat_in_Cincy
08-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Ben,
I'll be in C-bus this weekend, but won't be towing. I'll be riding behind someone else's boat, so I can't offer an invite. If I find out we need a 3rd/4th, how could I reach you?
Paul

jkski
08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Ben,
If you feel like taking a trip 2 hours north on 71, to the Akron area, I'll be happy to give you a pull. Just PM if you are interested.

Ben
08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
HB - unfortunately the inlaws et al live in c-bus.

Paul - pm at ya, thanks.

jkski - Thanks, but the drive time would cause my permission slip to go skiing to be revoked. If I end up in that area for any reason in the future I'll look you up.

Hoosier Bob
08-28-2007, 10:49 PM
No worries Ben but when in Indiana you have a pull! Great TeamTalkers here! Saved my boating life anyway! Leroy, Michael, Steve and numerous others. 3rds are hard to come by at 6 AM. Hope you find a pull. I learned on the Scioto and still believe it is as good as water gets!

Take care!HB - unfortunately the inlaws et al live in c-bus.

Paul - pm at ya, thanks.

jkski - Thanks, but the drive time would cause my permission slip to go skiing to be revoked. If I end up in that area for any reason in the future I'll look you up.

Ben
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Bump. One last try...

Maristar210
08-29-2007, 08:54 PM
If you get the hell out of that god awful state and come north five hours to GR Mi you can have all the pulls you want on a private section of water with a course. Lose the Buckeye Karma Bbaaaaaaadddd :D

Ben
08-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately the previously mentioned state is home.

Fortunately I went to Ohio University in Athens, and could care less about the team that wears red. OU's team was so bad it drove me away from college FB!

Any state with a ski boat is good, just as any tailgate party with cold barley pops is good.

Sounds like I need to find a reason to go to GR for work.

Ryan
08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Anyone looking for a 3rd (or 4th) either labor day weekend morning? I'll be in town to visit family & would love an opportunity for a few pulls in the morning. Ski would be 1st choice, but wakeboard is cool too. I'm no pro on either, but like to get out.

Not sure if the river or lakes would be ok by then with all the rain...

Thanks.

I'd love to take you up on your 3rd offer, but...
my house owns me for the weekend. I have projects galore, and my boat has hickups that I haven't had time to remedy.

If I went this weekend I might lose my permission slip to go to MagMania.

Ryan
08-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Duplicate.

Ben
08-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks to all for reading, but our plans just changed and we'll be hitting town in a few weeks now. Maybe a pull the 3rd or 4th weekend in Sept?

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Ben,
Water wasn't great yesterday. Dropped in but didn't even ride. So, there's one day you wouldn't have missed anything. Today is gameday, so the water could be great.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Paul

TX.X-30 fan
09-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Nothing to say. 8p 8p