PDA

View Full Version : To change or not to change

pram
08-24-2007, 04:56 PM
By the time I got off of the water last night, I had put 51 hours on the boat this season so far. I only have 5-6 weeks left of skiing this year, should I change the oil or wait and have another 10 hours on it and change it at the end of the season? What cha think?

6ballsisall
08-24-2007, 05:01 PM
pram I think you need to think about getting that plane ticket to Atlanta and ride up with us to MM3!!! ;)

erkoehler
08-24-2007, 05:01 PM
How does it look? If its clean, and not low I'd leave it.

erkoehler
08-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Pram are you coming to MMIII?

O2BESOHUGE
08-24-2007, 05:06 PM
I Just Put 52 Hours On Mine And Its Clean As A Whistle Too..crystal Clear...should I Just Go Ahead And Change It? Or Just Keep Checking It Till It Starts Getting Dark?

I Guess I Have The Same Question As Prambold

Thanks

G-man
08-24-2007, 05:10 PM
PRAM

if your only going to put 10 more hrs on it wait till then so it is stored with clean oil.

O2BESOHUGE
When are you going to store it? If you use it year around I would go ahead and change it. Color of oil is not a scientific method of judging quality of oil.

pram
08-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the input. It is still pretty clean and not low at all. I think that I will leave it and change it at the end of the season.

I still haven't gotten my passport :mad: , so I still can't book my plane ticket :( . It is coming fast though the party weekend. I will be some disappointed if I can't come. It is all in the hands of the government now.

6ballsisall
08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
To heck w/ the passport! They don't use them from the South of us to get in here!!

Just UPS yourself to my house. We'll get you up to MM3. ;)

pram
08-24-2007, 06:09 PM
To heck w/ the passport! They don't use them from the South of us to get in here!!

Just UPS yourself to my house. We'll get you up to MM3. ;)

LOL UPS that is funny. I need a passport for the international flight. UMP told me long ago that I needed to get on my passport and I still waited probably another 3-4 weeks after that (it's been 3 or so months now since I applied). Now it is just a waiting game. I thought 3 months would be sufficient time but I guess not.

erkoehler
08-24-2007, 06:20 PM
How long does it usually take to get it?

MarkP
08-24-2007, 06:40 PM
How long does it usually take to get it?

I guess at least 3 and a half months.:rolleyes: .

Oh, I would go-ahead and change the oil.http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon14.gif.

pram
08-24-2007, 06:53 PM
I guess at least 3 and a half months.:rolleyes: .

Oh, I would go-ahead and change the oil.http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon14.gif.

With my luck you are probably right. It will arrive on Sept 17. Although I am still sitting here with a positive attitude, hoping and praying that it will be on the counter when I get home one of these night from work :D
My wife told me to book a ticket out of Seattle but I don't have a birth certificate as it went with the passport application and I have heard of security asking for it (somehow they say we Canadians have some kind of accent??? I don't get it)

Mark you would not believe how my skiing has changed this year with that new stick. I have to admit I was a bit nervous at first thinking that maybe it was to much of a ski for me, but now I am skiing better than I have ever skied in my life. Thanks again for it.

BrianM
08-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Change it now and make it a priority to put at least another 25 hours on it before the end of the season to make it worth while.:cool:

TMCNo1
08-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Change the oil @ 50 hours, no matter what!

Workin' 4 Toys
08-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Change the oil @ 50 hours, no matter what!
Or before.....;)

Jesus_Freak
08-25-2007, 03:08 AM
With my luck you are probably right. It will arrive on Sept 17. Although I am still sitting here with a positive attitude, hoping and praying that it will be on the counter when I get home one of these night from work :D
My wife told me to book a ticket out of Seattle but I don't have a birth certificate as it went with the passport application and I have heard of security asking for it (somehow they say we Canadians have some kind of accent??? I don't get it)

I am not sure what it is like getting passports over there, but my family and I waited 4+ months on ours. We continued calling along the way, etc. It was a total waste of time. We only bought them for making our trip into Canada operate smoothly. But...since the PP office didnt get our materials to us by the trip date, we didnt have our birth certificates, etc. yet either from them. So, in essence, we paid $300+ so that the PP office could hold our birth certificates while we went on vacation.

On a positive note, it didnt matter going into Canada. It was all well.

TMCNo1
08-25-2007, 06:07 AM
Or before.....;)

WFT, I was thinking that, but just didn't have the guts to say it, thanks!

6ballsisall
08-25-2007, 08:19 AM
I paid the extra $$ to get mine in 14 days. Had it in 10 days no problem. I can't believe it took over 4 months to get your JF! Thats crazy!

H20skeefreek
08-25-2007, 08:27 AM
By the time I got off of the water last night, I had put 51 hours on the boat this season so far. I only have 5-6 weeks left of skiing this year, should I change the oil or wait and have another 10 hours on it and change it at the end of the season? What cha think?
Get out there and ski!

TMCNo1
08-25-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm 6 hours away from a oil change and my dentist, who lives on our lake, informed me this am the boat ramps were closing Monday, because of low water levels and he was going to get his boat out while he could. How am I suppose to run the hours up on the boat, have fun and make memories, when I can't get the boat on the water. Thanks goodness for a Fake-A-Lake and a carport. Should I pack a cooler or just run in the house to get something refreshing to drink?

MarkP
08-25-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm 6 hours away from a oil change and my dentist, who lives on our lake, informed me this am the boat ramps were closing Monday, because of low water levels and he was going to get his boat out while he could. How am I suppose to run the hours up on the boat, have fun and make memories, when I can't get the boat on the water. Thanks goodness for a Fake-A-Lake and a carport. Should I pack a cooler or just run in the house to get something refreshing to drink?
Y not! HeII, invite a friend and make a day of it!!:cool:

MarkP
08-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Mark you would not believe how my skiing has changed this year with that new stick. I have to admit I was a bit nervous at first thinking that maybe it was to much of a ski for me, but now I am skiing better than I have ever skied in my life. Thanks again for it.
Good to hear.. Keep it up!!