PDA

View Full Version : X-Star Hull Differences

Vegas X-Star
08-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Before I bought my '05 X-Star I was told that between '03 and '05 there were somewhere in the range of 40 different hulls built on the X-Star in this period. I really didn't feel this could make a noticable difference but I have a friend that has an '05 as well and his wake is COMPLETELY different than mine. It's not just me that noticed, everyone that rides behind my boat and then rides behind his comments on it. His is way steeper where mine has a smoother transition. There are no ballast, prop or engine differences between these two boats.

Anyone have any insight into this or experienced it themselves?

Ole Miss Rebels
08-24-2007, 01:27 PM
my understanding from a knowlegeable dealer is that there have been no (zero) changes to the hull since the new hull was introduced in 2003. i was told it would be too expensive to modify the molds after the boat was in production. i suspect this to be true. i would guess that the wake differences my have something to do with weight placement, engine size (weight) and perhaps less-so the difference in props and maybe even rudder. i would like to get this from a dealer or technician associated with MC however for validation. i will keep an eye onthis thread for interesting comments. good question in my opinion.

endl
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
If you read some of the post on ballast placement sounds like his is heavier in the rear. What about fuel? Both fuel tanks full/same?

I bet your missing something differnt when your comparing. 200lbs could be the difference of making that wake sharper. 1 person sitting in a different place in the boat makes a difference.