PDA

View Full Version : iPod to CMD4 by RCA

tcfila
08-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I've got an 06 X1. I've hooked up the iPod by RCAs to the back of the CMD4. Everything works great except for the volume. The volume can't be controlled by the remote, only by the volume on the iPod.

Is that the way it is supposed to be or is something messed up.

Thanks,
Tim

rspiecha
08-24-2007, 11:04 AM
I have the XMD4 head unit. There are setting on the head unit for input sensitivity. I set it to high, put the volume 3/4 on IPOD, and adjust with head unit for volume.

Rob

#47of100TeamMC
08-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Mine works with remote too. Not sure about my settings though as it was a plug and play deal with mine. Let us know if it works when you try what was posted previous to this...

Good luck!

tcfila
08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I've put it on all the settings, but none are controlleable (is that a word) by the remote.

hokiecharlie
08-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I've put it on all the settings, but none are controlleable (is that a word) by the remote.
There was a previous thread that addressed this issue, I think. The solution seemed to be getting an RCA connection that plugs into the bottom of the IPOD rather than the earphone jack. According to that thread this type of connection allows the volume to be controlled directly.

G-man
08-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I used the menu button on the radio and arrows <<< >>>> and found the adjustment for AUX -IN volume.

CottagerGreg
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Anyone got a link to the right adapter that allows for track and volume control with the CMD4 and the remote by the driver?

endl
08-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I think that is the problem with the CMD4 if I understand correct. CMD4A added some Ipod features and the CMD5 has even more features.
There have been wiring harnesses made that adapt through the CD by people, and you can buy the clarion adaptor but you cannot get the LCD display to work showing artist and track until you go to the CMD4A.

There have been several discussions on this. My info may be off a little.

Granite_33
08-24-2007, 11:39 PM
If you have the jack plugged into the headphone jack, then that is the only way you can control it I believe.

Another way to connect it is through the dock connector. That will give a consistent, clean output level that the stereo can control.

Adjust the Aux in volume. Input is low/med/high if I remember correctly.