PDA

View Full Version : Prop Guard On The Back Of The Trailer

O2BESOHUGE
08-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Im Not The Best Welder Inthe World....as A Matter Of Fact, This Was My First Time Doing It. But I Fixed My Trailer. I Went To Sabel Steel And Bought Some Solid Rod Pipe And Then Some Pipe Just Big Enough To Go Around That Solid Piece. Greased Them And Slid Them Together And Made Me Some Rollers To Go Under The Prop. Also Welded The Whole Prop Guard Together On The Bottom. No More Bolt Heads To Get Scraped Off And The Guard Hanging And Dragging As Im Headed To The Lake.

Im Finishing Up Now And Will Get Pics. Im Going To Practice My Welding. Thats A Good Thing To Know How To Do. But Anyway, I Did It All By Myself And That Makes It All Better. It Makes You Appreciate Things Like What Shep Did Restoring His Boat. Lots Of Hard Work Goes Into Them

O2

88 PS190
08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Good work what sort of welder did you use?

Gas welding? MIG? I dream of a TIG unit, onlhy have gas now... :(

O2BESOHUGE
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I Was At A Friends House...and Used His...his Was A Wire Fed Small Package Deal. I Think You Can Buy These At Harbor Freight. But It Worked Great

O2BESOHUGE
08-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Im In The Process Of Puttin A New Winch, New Wheel Jack, New Chains, Paint And Bunk Boards On This Weekend. Im Painting The Fenders In My Dads Paint Booth And Putting New Mastercraft Decals On Them Too

Its Starting To Look Like A New Trailer!

peason
08-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Pictures?????????