PDA

View Full Version : MC cruise VS Perfect Pass

surfacetension
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I just got an X 2 and it has the MC cruise control, The only thing I don't like is that I have to turn it back on everytime I shut the Motor off. Which is everytime someone is getting in or out of the boat, . The controls for it are on the right side near the thottle. If I opt for Perfect pass will these controls work? Or is there a dummy plate that goes there . Also who likes the MC and who likes Perfect pass?? I had perfect pass on my Supra and liked it. Also how much should I expect to pay ??

east tx skier
08-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Contact MYMC (Mike) about Perfect Pass. Very good prices.

ProTour X9
08-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Personally, I think MC Cruise is just dumb. Get Perfect Pass (of which I don't have :( )

SoCalBrew
08-22-2007, 02:03 PM
The only thing that has worked well for me on the MC Cruise, is the manual mode... which is great for free skiing and boarding... otherwise, I can't get mine to engage consistently (having MC look at it now for problems) I'm turing my head towards Perfect Pass... especially if I can get a hold of the newest - lastest version... Looks cool!

Tom

03 35th Anniversary
08-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I have used both and I like PP better. Just my :twocents:

bigmac
08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Perfect Pass is a great device, and the few times I've used MC Cruise only reinforced how much I like PP.

Perfect Pass should be a very simple install on your boat.

duckguy
08-22-2007, 05:25 PM
MC cruise is junk. My 06 had it my 07 has PP. To answer your questions. No they will not work and there is no dummy plate. That rotocast peice would need to be replaced if you didnt ike the switches being there.

Ric
08-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Sure are alotta guys on this thread who like PP

KelBCx9
08-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Has anyone tried or heard of Zero Off. It is a GPS based speed control.

bigmac
08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Has anyone tried or heard of Zero Off. It is a GPS based speed control.Not retrofittable to boats earlier than 2005 - must have a throttle-by-wire system.

Wait a few months - Rumors are flyin' that Perfect Pass will have a GPS-based speed system too. ...

Eagle
08-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Here's a link to the Zero Off (http://www.zerogps.com/) website. I've heard that Zero Off will be an option on '08 Correct Craft boats.

east tx skier
08-22-2007, 09:32 PM
I think you'd have to recalibrate the ECM on the MCs to go zero off. Sounds like the sort of thing that might void the warranty. ICBW.

OhioX14
08-22-2007, 10:17 PM
When we had Mastercraft Cruise it worked quite well. We mostly used the speed mode; turned it on, set the desired speed, throttled up to that speed, and it simply took over. It also did a good job of holding that speed which is something I can't say about our PerfectPass Wakeboard Pro. Also, the PerfectPass user interface (at least the one built into the VDIG on our '08) is not very intuitive and difficult to use.

So far as the system turning itself off each time you turn off the boat, MC Cruise and PP both do that. I would think the only way around that would be to bypass the ignition switch with the power lead to your Cruise/PP but then it would always be draining your battery. I've just gotten into the habit of turning the ignition to the on position and setting the cruise while the skier is getting ready that way it's ready to go when you fire up the boat.

Jesus_Freak
08-23-2007, 06:04 AM
This talk of power supply for PP reminds me...is there any way to set up PP wiring so that I can work on programming/adjusting it while the key is counterclockwise? This has probably come up before, but I dont want to be increasing the hour count while working on PP. I guess it is not really an issue now, since I have most of the adjustments and settings worked out (rarely work on it). Now, I am just curious.