PDA

View Full Version : bristol anyone???

mbeach
08-22-2007, 11:01 AM
yo troops -- heading to bristol tomorrow for the weekend races. anyone else going? staying with buddy in piney flats which is approx 10 minutes from the track (back roads of course). got my tony stewart and pretty boy gordon shirts to cover the bases. don't care really who wins, just a good time with good friends.

Maristar210
08-22-2007, 11:15 AM
yo troops -- heading to bristol tomorrow for the weekend races. anyone else going? staying with buddy in piney flats which is approx 10 minutes from the track (back roads of course). got my tony stewart and pretty boy gordon shirts to cover the bases. don't care really who wins, just a good time with good friends.

Out of all the places to see a race, I think this is the coolest. "Under the lights at Bristol" it even sounds cool :cool:

trickskier
08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
I went for about 10 years...........Tired of fighting the HUGE crowds and having to get there 4 hours before the race starts to get a parking spot within 2 miles of the track.............GREAT place to watch a race!!!
Have FUN mbeach................I'm might go to Talladega in October.

uawaterskier
08-22-2007, 12:04 PM
ILL BE THERE!!!!!!!! Im so excited. My father and I have always wanted to go, and for our birthday (5 days apart) my mother got us tickets.

mbeach
08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
I went for about 10 years...........Tired of fighting the HUGE crowds and having to get there 4 hours before the race starts to get a parking spot within 2 miles of the track.............GREAT place to watch a race!!!
Have FUN mbeach................I'm might go to Talladega in October.

tricks -- if i my buddy, who is a hs classmate, did not live so close, have reserved parking at the fire station, have great season tics for the past 10 yrs, and have a spare bed for "an old soldier", then i would not go. all of your statements are correct, however. heard something on the iowa radio station about nascar and the consensus fan track is bristol. also, will be at lake next week, but have a tree down in back requiring my best impersonation of paul bunyon. don't know if lake is up enough to launch, but i doubt it. will pm you monday night, but going back on friday so a short trip.

Monte
08-22-2007, 11:06 PM
tricks -- if i my buddy, who is a hs classmate, did not live so close, have reserved parking at the fire station, have great season tics for the past 10 yrs, and have a spare bed for "an old soldier", then i would not go. all of your statements are correct, however. heard something on the iowa radio station about nascar and the consensus fan track is bristol. also, will be at lake next week, but have a tree down in back requiring my best impersonation of paul bunyon. don't know if lake is up enough to launch, but i doubt it. will pm you monday night, but going back on friday so a short trip.

Divorces in the South are settled over the Bristol tickets man:o

mbeach
08-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Divorces in the South are settled over the Bristol tickets man:o
yup, and the wife usually gets the tics. these are not south beach babes but rather women who had as soon stick you as hug you.

trickskier
08-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I use to go to 6-8 races a year. With the later starting times and larger crowds, I just got burned out............I went to the Daytona 500 this year and I am thinking about going to Talladega in October.............I have gotten real comfortable watching the races from my recliner and going to bed after the race is over........Have FUN!!!

Hopefully we can get together and do some skiing one day! We had some good afternoon showers a few weeks ago, but we have been dry for about the last week & a half...............

wade95
08-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Been to Daytona for the 400 several times. I was at Atlanta for the last race of the year when pretty boy won his cup.

Would love to score Bristol tickets, but that is hard to do. Very hard.

uawaterskier
08-27-2007, 01:56 AM
So I'm bringing back this thread. For those of us that were there, HOW AWESOME WAS THAT?!?!?! And to top it off, my boy Clint finished third.

uawaterskier
08-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Would love to score Bristol tickets, but that is hard to do. Very hard.
Not as hard as you think, I found 4 tickets together an hour before the race for $50 a ticket. You cant beat that.:cool: They were however in one of the turns, but they were still up high enough to see all the way around.

wade95
08-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Holy smokes! That would be worth the drive there just to find some. Did ya just start looking around for people selling tickets? 200 bones for 4 tickets to a NASCAR race is a steal! Tried to stay up and watch the whole thing,,,,,couldn't make it. Congrats to Carl Edwards!!!!