PDA

View Full Version : Proud man! Don't know what to do...

Monte
08-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't think I know what to ask for other than prayer.

Let me start by saying my wife is an OR nurse for a local surgical practice. She is not supposed to get attached to patients, but tonight she asked me to pray for one of her patients. (very rare) He is a proud older gentleman who has been a janitor most of his career. Due to the fact that his daughter is in prison for a LOONG time and the "baby daddy" could give a s#!t less, he is raising an eleven year old boy and a younger girl. The boy makes straight A's, is in the Boy Scouts, and is a good all around kid. Pardon me, not much was said of the daughter.
Anyway, next week he is scheduled to have his foot amputated due to diabetes. He has a job. He will loose it. He has a home. He will loose it. Her fear is that the kids will go into social services and be corrupted by the system.
I am at a loss.

Jesus_Freak
08-22-2007, 06:31 AM
I don't think I know what to ask for other than prayer...

Often we think of prayer as the last resort, while maybe it should be the first resort.

Will do bro.

SkiDog
08-22-2007, 07:16 AM
How sad! Not a good way to start the day. But I'll be thinking about him!

School Skier
08-22-2007, 07:18 AM
My prayers are with him!

sunsational
08-22-2007, 09:45 AM
This thread and cbryan's thread really wake you up this morning and realize how good we have it. My wife and I will certainly pray for them.

TMCNo1
08-22-2007, 09:48 AM
I feel sure if he gets the support he needs, he will be OK and so will the children. Tell Leah we're praying for him.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Wow. thats sad. sometimes life seems so unfair to people that try sooo hard. I am sorry to hear that Monte. I will say a prayer for him.

6ballsisall
08-22-2007, 10:40 AM
This thread and cbryan's thread really wake you up this morning and realize how good we have it. My wife and I will certainly pray for them.

TRU DAT!!!!!!!!!